• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• lostone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Heartless *******   

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

You've got a different prospective on it because your a black man and I cannot even begin to think I understand what being a black man in America is like and I d@mn sure ain't gonna try to act like I understand what you and all the other black men in America have to deal with. So I do apologize if I came across in any away as trying to downplay the very real struggle of the black man in America.

All I know is my own person experience and the many cops I've known and interacted with in my life and only a couple of them were crooks. I know some that I call friends and they wouldn't stand aside and allow what happened to George Floyd or any other black man to happen. They would have stepped in and stopped it from happening.

I'm sure friends of the ones that allowed it would say the same thing. 

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

You've got a different prospective on it because your a black man and I cannot even begin to think I understand what being a black man in America is like and I d@mn sure ain't gonna try to act like I understand what you and all the other black men in America have to deal with. So I do apologize if I came across in any away as trying to downplay the very real struggle of the black man in America.

All I know is my own person experience and the many cops I've known and interacted with in my life and only a couple of them were crooks. I know some that I call friends and they wouldn't stand aside and allow what happened to George Floyd or any other black man to happen. They would have stepped in and stopped it from happening.

And there are plenty out there like that. All I'll say is it's a much higher percentage of bad cops than you think man. Been that way for decades and wont change until they start being held accountable for their bull ish

I want to point out, shamelessly stealing an idea from @JDaveG, that I don’t see anyone on the right on these boards defending the police this time.  And a lot of people who otherwise might be inclined to denounce the protests are saying, “yeah, I can’t condemn that because I can’t understand what it’s like to be black in America”.  

Lostone, I think, said this feels different.  That’s part of it...there is no “other side” this time.  

23 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Yes they are. One was about to whoop my *** for pulling into my own drive way while they had a group of young girls sitting on the side walk at the stop sign beside my neighbors house. Took the white cop to come over talking calm and let me into my house. 

Wait, what?  They were trying to talk to the girls and blocking your driveway and the black cop got mad???  You know they try to make up for the lack of ***** they didn't get in high school, or not being smart, or on any team, acne, awkwardness, being failures in life with that badge, right???

1 minute ago, Andrews_31 said:

Wait, what?  They were trying to talk to the girls and blocking your driveway and the black cop got mad???  You know they try to make up for the lack of ***** they didn't get in high school, or not being smart, or on on any team, acne, awkwardness, being failures in life with that badge, right???

I put it on everything

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

And there are plenty out there like that. All I'll say is it's a much higher percentage of bad cops than you think man. Been that way for decades and wont change until they start being held accountable for their bull ish

That starts at the top. That starts when it stops being a "cops vs. people" situation. The good cops have to stop being punished for stepping up and speaking out against their "brothers in arms." We see the same problems when it comes to the armed forces. There's that whole "brotherhood" and if you speak out against injustice that occurs inside the "brotherhood" you are the one that is punished, not the one that is actually committing the injustice. That needs to change and it starts at the very top with the commanders and chiefs. Sadly, no one wants to be the one that has the courage necessary to start the ball rolling to change the tide of a crooked "justice" system.

12 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

That is absolutely 110% true. I'm not trying to disagree with that and I do apologize for the way that came across.

Look....I absolutely believe there are good cops and I am friends with several. I was driven to school by the guy who is the local sheriff now from when I was 7 years old to 10 years old.

But there is a systemic issue that will punish those good cops for ratting on the bad cops and when they get caught up in something the leadership, the local prosecutors who are looking to move up in the world, and nearly every other check on their power in the world doesn't want that noise and will look the other way. The entire system is rigged against the good cops, the victims of the bad cops, and every single one of us normal folks.

It's just the reality of the situation and it's so so so much worse for people of color.

11 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Guys, the level of organization on social media and grassroots that it takes to pull off these types of large-scale simultaneous protests around a country the size of America is enormous.  I don’t say this negatively against the protests, either.  I’m just saying that there has been a massive level of organization behind the scenes to create protests this widespread and this large.  

It’s not hard to use a platform as popular as Twitter to put information out. Protesting is free and people are passionate about this. Poster board and markers costs $10 or less. Certainly there is some coordination, but I don’t think there’s a massive level of organization on this honestly. There is probably more organization from the people getting in and trying to escalate and change the narrative to marginalize the issues imo.

2 minutes ago, Jpizzle said:

Look....I absolutely believe there are good cops and I am friends with several. I was driven to school by the guy who is the local sheriff from when I was 7 years old to 10 years old.

But there is a systemic issue that will punish those good cops for ratting on the bad cops and when they get caught up in something the leadership, the local prosecutors who are looking to move up in the world, and nearly every other check on their power in the world doesn't want that noise and will look the other way. The entire system is rigged against the good cops, the victims of the bad cops, and every single one of us normal folks.

It's just the reality of the situation and it's so so so much worse for people of color.

I absolutely agree and said as much in my last post.

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

It’s not hard to use a platform as popular as Twitter to put information out. Protesting is free and people are passionate about this. Poster board and markers costs $10 or less. Certainly there is some coordination, but I don’t think there’s a massive level of organization on this honestly. There is probably more organization from the people getting in and trying to escalate and change the narrative to marginalize the issues imo.

^^^^THIS!!!!

10 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I want to point out, shamelessly stealing an idea from @JDaveG, that I don’t see anyone on the right on these boards defending the police this time.  And a lot of people who otherwise might be inclined to denounce the protests are saying, “yeah, I can’t condemn that because I can’t understand what it’s like to be black in America”.  

Lostone, I think, said this feels different.  That’s part of it...there is no “other side” this time.  

Go to twitter or other social media, you’ll find plenty.

I've only been to one rally and it was to see what Nazis look like in real life when they held a rally in my little town.

I'm this close to attending a protest. But I ain't gonna lie y'all.....I'm gonna be way way way in the back cheering the tear gas sponges in the front on if I do it and I'm dipping quick as ****.

2 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Nope. It makes me a person that thinks EVERYONE should be treated equally and fairly regardless of race, creed, origin, religion, gender, or sex. Trump and Obama both called rioters "thugs." Both should be treated equally. Obama wasn't called racist when he used the word in the manner that he did and Trump shouldn't either.

Trump should be called a racist for the thousands of other things he's said and done to promote white supremacy. 

obama was definitely called out for using the word 'thug'. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2015/04/29/obama-white-house-baltimore-stephanie-rawlings-blake/26585143/

why would he have to "stand by it" otherwise?

obama was wrong. so is trump. 

9 minutes ago, Carter said:

I’m not saying that organization is a bad thing.  Nor am I saying it’s some super centralized hierarchy.  I’m simply saying that this type of widespread, large-scale protest doesn’t happen without massive organizing.  Look at the April 6 Youth Movement in Egypt during the Arab Spring.  This looks very similar to that, I think.  

Honestly, I only mention it because I find it extremely impressive, if that’s what is going on.

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I’m not saying that organization is a bad thing.  Nor am I saying it’s some super centralized hierarchy.  I’m simply saying that this type of widespread, large-scale protest doesn’t happen without massive organizing.  Look at the April 6 Youth Movement in Egypt during the Arab Spring.  This looks very similar to that, I think.  

Honestly, I only mention it because I find it extremely impressive, if that’s what is going on.

Makes you wonder why young people couldn't mobilize like this when Bernie needed them.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Steely Dan Appreciation Thread