• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• lostone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Steely Dan Appreciation Thread
57 minutes ago, NightPain said:

Is that accent exaggerated or is that how you guys live? I can’t describe the feeling when I hear it but it’s not very pleasant. 

What my people do with the English language is beautiful and anyone who has an issue with it can **** right off.  It's English with a **** ton of molasses poured on it.

10 hours ago, Sponge said:

his thoughts were that Microsoft fell short of a next gen experience (hardware wise). He described it as swapping graphic cards in a pc. Too me, they're both the same in graphics and I know games will be developed better for next gen but Sony's controller makes it stand out and makes it literally "feel" next gen. 

Both consoles can handle 8K but I haven't seen an 8K tv in person yet. I get the feeling that if they go too hi-def, it will hurt my eyes.

Xbox has better hardware than the PS5 tho

6 hours ago, NightPain said:

Is that accent exaggerated or is that how you guys live? I can’t describe the feeling when I hear it but it’s not very pleasant. 

That's life man lol that's poetry in motion.

Not everyone has an accent like that but it's pretty common. There are some distinct differences in certain regions also. I've always been told by people since I left home that I don't sound like I'm from anywhere in particular, even with people from the south, so I guess I never had that southern accent. Maybe a little when I was a kid.

I like southern accents personally. Reminds me of home I guess. I remember my ex wife telling me she used to automatically assume people who sound like that are racist and vote Republican lol

6 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

How? Just the haptic feedback? 

The PS5 controller is legit man. Not sure how to describe it. It's not just the haptic feedback, although that is very cool... it's also the more finely tuned vibrations and the triggers too, which are programmable to have different resistances. In Borderlands 3 and Black Ops Cold War the trigger button to shoot has a little give and then a hard stop resistance that you can rest on and then squeeze to fire the gun - and it can be a little different depending on the gun. Of course you can adjust and even turn off the trigger effects. It adds to the feel of a game like nothing else I've experienced though - and these are just the games available at launch. I've been impressed with it, it's gonna be very cool to see how that feature gets used.

I let my friend try out Spider-Man: Miles Morales and he was blown away by the whole experience. It feels next gen... that is a pretty good way to put it.

3 hours ago, Carter said:

The PS5 controller is legit man. Not sure how to describe it. It's not just the haptic feedback, although that is very cool... it's also the more finely tuned vibrations and the triggers too, which are programmable to have different resistances. In Borderlands 3 and Black Ops Cold War the trigger button to shoot has a little give and then a hard stop resistance that you can rest on and then squeeze to fire the gun - and it can be a little different depending on the gun. Of course you can adjust and even turn off the trigger effects. It adds to the feel of a game like nothing else I've experienced though - and these are just the games available at launch. I've been impressed with it, it's gonna be very cool to see how that feature gets used.

I let my friend try out Spider-Man: Miles Morales and he was blown away by the whole experience. It feels next gen... that is a pretty good way to put it.

Ahhh ok thanks