The Steely Dan Appreciation Thread

20 minutes ago, Carter said:

My ex girlfriend I was seeing at that time straight up told me she could never tell anyone she was voting for Trump. She’s Hispanic, very religious. I would imagine she’s not voting this time but I really don’t know.

Trump in 2020 doesn’t have any of the factors in his favor that he had in 2016 though, aside from running against a pure establishment candidate that some people just won’t ever vote for. But to that end, Biden is generally less hated than Hillary and Trump has dumped his entire populism shtick which makes his antics fall flat with a lot of folks.

I think there are probably a lot of people who won’t admit they’re voting for Trump, but I also think that is going to be far fewer people in 2020. I mean I voted for him in 2016 and I voted early for Biden. 

if trump loses you're basically going to be a magical unicorn for every post-election thinkpiece trump obituary

journalists from across the country are going to be making pilgrimages to your door like the three wise men 

"who is this man?"

"what does he want?"

• Replies 63.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• lostone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Carter said:

My man tried to use the infinity gauntlet didn’t he. 

"I used the senate... to destroy the senate"

4 minutes ago, achilles return said:

not yet. today is actually my final day. i'm going to take the rest of the month until the election to do some light studying and then ramp up hard after the election to take ccnp encor and recertify sometime near the end of november. i'll start applying once i feel refreshed enough on material, sometime in november.

i'm fortunate enough to not need to rush it because i've got some savings and i can also grab unemployment. i'll only start worrying if i don't find something by the end of january.

Sending good thoughts and vibes your way...it is good that you are in a position not to feel stressed too much.... atleast in the short term, but situation still sucks.

7 minutes ago, achilles return said:

not yet. today is actually my final day. i'm going to take the rest of the month until the election to do some light studying and then ramp up hard after the election to take ccnp encor and recertify sometime near the end of november. i'll start applying once i feel refreshed enough on material, sometime in november.

i'm fortunate enough to not need to rush it because i've got some savings and i can also grab unemployment. i'll only start worrying if i don't find something by the end of january.

Wish you the best man.  Milk everybody!

3 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

@Mr. Hoopah!  I have come to realize that I have a real emotional soft spot for sorrowful tragic characters like Jimmy Darmody and Richard Harrow, Stannis, and the Irish member of the Italian gang on Fargo.

d9d6c5a983af6682be96a628d9f9806a.jpg

John Huston got a breakout moment this week too. A shame he's played such a small role so far.

MV5BNWQ3NTRmMzAtM2JiNC00NTMwLThkOTEtM2Zm

3 hours ago, HolyMoses said:

New Polling from Florida give Biden a 2.1% RCP average lead.  The shift for Clinton was .7 to -1.2.  Thus Biden would currently win Florida by .2%

For the first time, My "If everything shifts the same from this day forward" Map gives Biden the win 278-260

If DeSantis cannot deliver Florida for Trump the way that Jeb once did for his brother, Biden's getting *at least* 325 electoral votes. Out of the swing states, Florida's the one with the most shenanigans going on.

51 minutes ago, Carter said:

My ex girlfriend I was seeing at that time straight up told me she could never tell anyone she was voting for Trump. She’s Hispanic, very religious. I would imagine she’s not voting this time but I really don’t know.

Trump in 2020 doesn’t have any of the factors in his favor that he had in 2016 though, aside from running against a pure establishment candidate that some people just won’t ever vote for. But to that end, Biden is generally less hated than Hillary and Trump has dumped his entire populism shtick which makes his antics fall flat with a lot of folks.

I think there are probably a lot of people who won’t admit they’re voting for Trump, but I also think that is going to be far fewer people in 2020. I mean I voted for him in 2016 and I voted early for Biden. 

#twoweeknotice

9 minutes ago, jidady said:

Today in right-wing caucasian terrorism...

From the article...

And when he was arrested later that month in North Carolina, police searching his van found four rifles, a 9mm handgun, explosive materials, books on bomb making, and $509,000 in cash that’s believed to be his inheritance.

^^^Got dam, he’s got half a mil in the bank and this is how he spends his free time?

8 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

From the article...

And when he was arrested later that month in North Carolina, police searching his van found four rifles, a 9mm handgun, explosive materials, books on bomb making, and $509,000 in cash that’s believed to be his inheritance.

^^^Got dam, he’s got half a mil in the bank and this is how he spends his free time?

I was just about to say, that sounds like cool 100 grand in guns alone!

33 minutes ago, jidady said:

If DeSantis cannot deliver Florida for Trump the way that Jeb once did for his brother, Biden's getting *at least* 325 electoral votes. Out of the swing states, Florida's the one with the most shenanigans going on.

Sticking it to DeSantis is honestly one of the only reasons I'm excited to vote for Biden here. **** that guy.

11 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

From the article...

He should have spent his money on a face transplant.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Steely Dan Appreciation Thread