• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• lostone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Serge said:

Saying "Republican Congress" to explain why he didn't get more done in prison and immigration reform, for a candidate that's courting Republican voters more aggressively than leftists, doesn't strike me as a good answer or a good look.

It is a great answer because that is why some of the things that they wanted to get things done....did not get done.

It also reminds people that congress is also up for election as well.

7 minutes ago, Serge said:

Saying "Republican Congress" to explain why he didn't get more done in prison and immigration reform, for a candidate that's courting Republican voters more aggressively than leftists, doesn't strike me as a good answer or a good look.

5 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

Also doesn’t look good for a guy who keeps saying that Republicans will work with him once Trump is gone.

Are yall serious with this?

I mean I haven't watched a second of this debate so maybe I am missing some context here....... but that Republican Congress did nothing but stonewall for years. **** this Republican Senate has stonewalled every single thing since the Democrats took over the House majority. Mitch McConnell is the reason we aren't getting any covid relief and he's the biggest reason the first relief bill was wide ******* open for corporate abuse and insider corruption.

Yeah maybe he should have said "Mitch ******* McConnell" instead

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

It is a great answer because that is why some of the things that they wanted to get things done....did not get done.

It also reminds people that congress is also up for election as well.

He needed to articulate that, and ideally connect it to the lack of Covid assistance, especially after Trump blamed Pelosi for there not being a deal. Saying "Republican Congress" like a mic drop, especially coming from a guy that talks about wanting to work with Republicans, makes it look like he doesn't actually plan on being able to get anything done.

1 minute ago, Carter said:

I mean I haven't watched a second of this debate so maybe I am missing some context here....... but that Republican Congress did nothing but stonewall for years. **** this Republican Senate has stonewalled every single thing since the Democrats took over the House majority. Mitch McConnell is the reason we aren't getting any covid relief and he's the biggest reason the first relief bill was wide ******* open for corporate abuse and insider corruption.

He didn't articulate that nearly to the degree that he needed to. Trump blamed Pelosi for there not being a deal and Biden's response was muddled.

8 minutes ago, Carter said:

Yeah, that Republican Congress was the ******* worst. Which is why I get tired of hearing him talk about the idea that Republicans will suddenly start working with him after Trump is gone, as if they did before. Which is why I get tired of hearing this idea that Trump is the problem instead of merely a problem. And why I hate the idea of him appointing Republicans like that to his ******* cabinet. So to hear him now blame that Congress, is a bit frustrating for me.

14 minutes ago, Carter said:

Basically Trump kept asking why Biden could not get anything done as VP... finally Biden just said Republican  Congress.

11 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

Yeah, that Republican Congress was the ******* worst. Which is why I get tired of hearing him talk about the idea that Republicans will suddenly start working with him after Trump is gone, as if they did before. Which is why I get tired of hearing this idea that Trump is the problem instead of merely a problem. And why I hate the idea of him appointing Republicans like that to his ******* cabinet. So to hear him now blame that Congress, is a bit frustrating for me.

yeah, this is where i'm at. the republican congress is genuinely at fault for making obama a lameduck for six years, but it's the inconsistency between recognizing this fact and then also appealing to or believing that any of that will change after he becomes president.  

27 minutes ago, Serge said:

He needed to articulate that, and ideally connect it to the lack of Covid assistance, especially after Trump blamed Pelosi for there not being a deal. Saying "Republican Congress" like a mic drop, especially coming from a guy that talks about wanting to work with Republicans, makes it look like he doesn't actually plan on being able to get anything done.

i don't think it actually matters that much because anyone that pays attention to american politics for more than five minutes knows absolutely nothing is getting done unless one party controls both houses of congress and the white house. 

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Basically Trump kept asking why Biden could not get anything done as VP... finally Biden just said Republican  Congress.

That's why it wasn't really "gangsta." He conceded after being badgered during that whole part of the debate that he couldn't get more done because of a Republican Congress, and wouldn't expand on that explanation even when Trump dared him to.

1 minute ago, achilles return said:

i don't it actually matters that much because anyone that pays attention to american politics for more than five minutes knows absolutely nothing is getting done unless one party controls both houses of congress and the white house. 

And not even then if the filibuster is still in place. The dems may get the senate, but they aren't getting 60. Mitch is still going to block every move unless the Democrats grow a pair and get rid of the filibuster.

7 minutes ago, Serge said:

That's why it wasn't really "gangsta." He conceded after being badgered during that whole part of the debate that he couldn't get more done because of a Republican Congress, and wouldn't expand on that explanation even when Trump dared him to.

Because....the people who watched it already knows the drill.

He does not need to expound on it.

3 minutes ago, achilles return said:

do you not remember this

Coyotes are the people who smuggle people across the border. It’s a pretty ****** up fact of life on the border. There is so much abuse that happens by some of these coyotes against the people they smuggle, like rape and not providing enough water or food or medical attention.

Do people really not know this?

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Steely Dan Appreciation Thread