The Steely Dan Appreciation Thread

12 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Very sorry to hear you’re going through this, but hopefully things work out better in the end!  

Thanks man....like I said I saw it coming and fortunately I was able to get something better paying.

The only crappy part is that now after this whole virus thing gets sorted out...it is an in office job...and I was digging not having to commute to work.

• Replies 63.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• lostone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Got the axe this morning.....

The writing was on the wall and I saw it coming.

Already have an offer making about 20k more per year....so that is nice.

Still crappy feeling....even if it is going to end up being better for me financially....and career move because the new company is willing to pay for me to get my DE designation which is gold in the mortgage field.

Hate to hear that bro. Glad it may work out better for you in the end but it still sucks.

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

Still crappy feeling....even if it is going to end up being better for me financially....and career move because the new company is willing to pay for me to get my DE designation which is gold in the mortgage field.

Hang in there.

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

Liking this not because you were let go, but because you have other options. I’m sorry you were laid off. I’m glad you have a better offer already. 

4 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

Hang in there.

Thanks brother....Like I said I will be just fine.

There I have the one in my back pocket and I have another interview scheduled for Tuesday that actually pays even more than the existing offer...it would actually double the salary from my now previous employer.

The good thing is now I get a couple weeks off and I can maybe do some painting in the man cave that I did not get to do after we moved in.

Thinking of going Braves colors...the navy blue on the wall..the white on the trim and maybe paint the closet red...which is where I have a lot of my falcons stuff so that would look cool IMO.

16 minutes ago, Jpizzle said:

What's your connection to Ga? I can't remember.

I was born in Athens, lived there my first few years of life, then my parents split and I went with my dad to Hartwell where a lot of my family has lived for several generations. Dad moved us to Nashville, TN when I was like 6 so that’s where I grew up. We would visit family in GA at least a few times every year. My mom and half brother pretty much stayed in the Walton and Gwinnett county area. I’ve made friends from all over GA. Most of my family went to UGA, starting with my grandpa who was a somewhat prominent attorney in the state and also the last person in my family before me to serve in the military (he was a radar operator on a battleship in the Navy during WW2 and used the new GI Bill to attend). If I had my mind on school when I was 18 I probably would have went to UGA myself, but I joined the Army and aside from one year in South Korea and another year in Iraq I’ve been in Texas since.

That answer your question? :argh:

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Steely Dan Appreciation Thread