• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• lostone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

MINNEAPOLIS — A court on Wednesday unsealed new police body camera video taken during the arrest of George Floyd, showing him being startled, apologetic and fearful before being pinned under an officer's knee and ultimately dying.

Video from cameras worn by officers Thomas Lane and Alexander Kueng captured the struggle between Floyd and the police, leading up to officer Derek Chauvin's placing his knee on Floyd's neck for about 9½ minutes — longer than previously estimated.

Floyd's death on May 25 sparked worldwide protests against police brutality and systemic racism.

Lane entered two sets of videos as evidence in his bid to have the charges against him dropped. A Hennepin County judge allowed members of the public to view the video evidence in person Wednesday but not to record it.

On the night of Floyd's death, officers were called to Cup Foods convenience store on a report that Floyd might have passed a bad $20 bill. The newly unsealed video shows:

• Lane approaches Floyd's car and uses the back of his flashlight to tap on the driver's-side window.

• Floyd is visibly startled in the vehicle.

• Lane pulls a service weapon and demands to see Floyd's hands.

• A confused Floyd looks and leans back, asking, "What did we do, Mr. Officer?"

• After saying, "I'm sorry, officer," Floyd puts both hands on the steering wheel.

• "I'm so sorry," Floyd can be heard telling Lane again, explaining that he wants to comply. "I got shot the same way, Mr. Officer, before."

• Floyd is eventually handcuffed.

• Lane and Kueng try to push him into the back of their squad car. But he resists, explaining on multiple occasions that he's claustrophobic and had recently battled COVID-19.

• The officers try to get him into the car on the driver's side, but he eventually falls out the passenger side and says, "Thank you."

• After failing to get Floyd in the car, Chauvin ends up on with his knee on Floyd's neck for about 9½ minutes, time codes on the video show.

• Throughout much of his time under Chauvin's knee, Floyd begs for help.

• "I can't breathe. Please. Your knee in my neck. S---," Floyd can be heard pleading.

• Chauvin's knee remains on Floyd's neck, even as he appears to pass out and up to the moment he is rolled on to a paramedic's stretcher.

• Prosecutors had originally said Chauvin was on Floyd's neck for 8 minutes and 46 seconds, and that length of time has become an enduring symbol of the protests. Demonstrators have often gone into 8 minutes and 46 seconds of silence.

Weeks later, prosecutors said the amount of time was a minute less, 7 minutes and 46 seconds, before Wednesday's video appeared to show that it was actually a minute longer than initially believed.

Chauvin has been charged with second-degree murder. The three other officers involved in the arrest — Tou Thao, Lane and Kueng — are charged with aiding and abetting murder.

Earlier Wednesday, Floyd's family filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the city of Minneapolis and the four officers.

Shaquille Brewster reported from Minneapolis, and David K. Li from New York.

• https://www.yahoo.com/news/unsealed-bodycam-footage-reveals-details-220553336.html

4 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

As much as I want to go, I feel the same way. 

But I go even darker because I want Rural Georgia to pay for their stupidity with the virus.

Sorry but I have no sympathy for them whatsoever at this point.

I hear what you are saying, but not all of us in the sticks are dumb *** Anti-maskers.

12 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I am going to say this, I dont think he really cares about us Georgians at all, it is crazy that he is not going to mandate Mask while other states is doing it.  It is a shame that we have leaders like him in charge while COVID cases is on the rise (I have to take another COVID test today).  I swear I should stay in Washington state then being here.

On 7/15/2020 at 12:05 PM, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Part of me is encouraged that private entities and individuals are leading the way on this. It shows that we are capable of being responsible without a mandate from the government. 

Plus the anti-mask people can't really whine about "muh freedoms" when it's another private entity asking them to wear a mask on their property. 

Wear these for hours to kill a turkey or deer though

Mossy-Oak-Obsession--oo71b7ufn882h4z2c68

Mossy_Oak_Breakup_MOBU_rear_back_facemas

34 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Yeah, I was more stating it toward the ones that are fighting this every step of the way!

Yep. My wife teaches 3rd grade and returns to the class room soon. I am more than a bit worried about her, and I am now dealing with a compromised immune system do to radiation therapy. Needless to say I have little respect for many of the people in this area to put it nicely.

2 minutes ago, Door Gunner said:

Yep. My wife teaches 3rd grade and returns to the class room soon. I am more than a bit worried about her, and I am now dealing with a compromised immune system do to radiation therapy. Needless to say I have little respect for many of the people in this area to put it nicely.

No worries friend, it is a hoax to bring down trump.  Nothing to worry about.  

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The RIP Sir Sean Connery Thread