Jump to content

The RIP Sir Sean Connery Thread


Recommended Posts

Republicans are ALL IN on confirming Barrett and allowing her, Gorsuch, and Brett “I used to like beer. I STILL like beer! Also no one ever made me explain who magically paid off $200K of my baseball ticket debt and I got away with it.” Kavanaugh to declare Trump the winner no matter what the actual results are. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 52.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mr. Hoopah!

    7077

  • AF89

    4619

  • WhenFalconsWin

    3920

  • lostone

    2754

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Republicans are ALL IN on confirming Barrett and allowing her, Gorsuch, and Brett “I used to like beer. I STILL like beer! Also no one ever made me explain who magically paid off $200K of my baseball ticket debt and I got away with it.” Kavanaugh to declare Trump the winner no matter what the actual results are. 

 

I haven’t yet understood this reasoning. Yes, the Court is 8 justices now, but those justices are split 5-3 in favor of conservatives. 

Roberts is wishy-washy right now, but I can’t see him voting to go with a 4-4 tie on the outcome of a presidential election. For that matter, I also can’t see Barrett just blindly voting with the president because he nominated her. Gorsuch and Kavanaugh sure haven’t. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I haven’t yet understood this reasoning. Yes, the Court is 8 justices now, but those justices are split 5-3 in favor of conservatives. 

Roberts is wishy-washy right now, but I can’t see him voting to go with a 4-4 tie on the outcome of a presidential election. For that matter, I also can’t see Barrett just blindly voting with the president because he nominated her. Gorsuch and Kavanaugh sure haven’t. 

Prominent boot licking senate republicans seem convinced it’s going to happen. I would lollercoast through space and time if one of Trump’s three appointees casts the deciding vote against him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

:lol:

WASHINGTON, D.C.—In anticipation of Trump's upcoming announcement of who he will nominate to the Supreme Court, the Democrats have posted a nationwide job listing for believable accusers to tarnish the reputation of whoever Trump nominates. The best candidates from all applicants will be invited to a casting call in D.C. to show off their "believable accusation" ability.

"We know that whoever Trump nominates will be an evil, mean, bad person," said Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer. "That's just the kind of man Trump is. He hangs around evil, mean, bad people and he nominates them too. To prove this and save our democracy, we are hiring several believable witnesses to accuse Trump's nominee of whatever they probably did."

Listings have been purchased on ZipRecruiter, Monster, LinkedIn, and Craigslist.

Interested candidates will have just a few days to submit their applications before the Senate hearing. At the casting call, they will be judged on their ability to cry on command while telling a horrific story of abuse on camera.

"We need brave patriots to step up and save our country by destroying the life of this nominee," said Nancy Pelosi before pausing awkwardly. "um... Good morning! Sunday morning!"

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

:lol:

WASHINGTON, D.C.—In anticipation of Trump's upcoming announcement of who he will nominate to the Supreme Court, the Democrats have posted a nationwide job listing for believable accusers to tarnish the reputation of whoever Trump nominates. The best candidates from all applicants will be invited to a casting call in D.C. to show off their "believable accusation" ability.

"We know that whoever Trump nominates will be an evil, mean, bad person," said Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer. "That's just the kind of man Trump is. He hangs around evil, mean, bad people and he nominates them too. To prove this and save our democracy, we are hiring several believable witnesses to accuse Trump's nominee of whatever they probably did."

Listings have been purchased on ZipRecruiter, Monster, LinkedIn, and Craigslist.

Interested candidates will have just a few days to submit their applications before the Senate hearing. At the casting call, they will be judged on their ability to cry on command while telling a horrific story of abuse on camera.

"We need brave patriots to step up and save our country by destroying the life of this nominee," said Nancy Pelosi before pausing awkwardly. "um... Good morning! Sunday morning!"

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

Yeah I've seen a decent zinger every now and then but that one is just bad. Like really bad. 

Not as bad as their Ghislaine Maxwell/Cuties one, which the BB account tweeted out more than once and it got thousands of interactions both times. That one seemed malevolent and mean spirited more than any attempt at humor, not to mention geared towards what I assume they recognize as a chunk of their current audience as #SaveTheChildren folks 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lostone said:

Why do the losers of 2016 never seem to look internally why they lost?  Why is it always someone else’s fault????

 

Not sure who you’re talking about, but the Dems overall seem to be in very good shape this election.  

I also wonder if all the people (not you) who have been talking about how Dems need to engage in self reflection and focus on winning back certain voters will spend the next four years saying the same about the GOP if Dems win as big a victory as it looks like they will.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Not sure who you’re talking about, but the Dems overall seem to be in very good shape this election.  

I also wonder if all the people (not you) who have been talking about how Dems need to engage in self reflection and focus on winning back certain voters will spend the next four years saying the same about the GOP if Dems win as big a victory as it looks like they will.  

That tweet was from a guy still stuck on trying to tell people that 3rd party ruined the election for dems.  There is no self reflection for the GOP outside of what the next brown/Jewish person boogy man they can bring up 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JDaveG said:

I haven’t yet understood this reasoning. Yes, the Court is 8 justices now, but those justices are split 5-3 in favor of conservatives. 

Roberts is wishy-washy right now, but I can’t see him voting to go with a 4-4 tie on the outcome of a presidential election. For that matter, I also can’t see Barrett just blindly voting with the president because he nominated her. Gorsuch and Kavanaugh sure haven’t. 

Her stance on qualified immunity is encouraging.  Have you reviewed any of her rulings?  If so, would you consider her to be another police state advocate?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

The worst. 

The dude wanted to play with every single setting. Then he synced the bluetooth of the amp to his phone so I could hear a recording of himself playing guitar. Then my wife came out and he started talking to her about landscaping. I kept trying to give her the evil eye to cut it short. Didn't mention he wasn't wearing a mask so I tried to keep my distance...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The RIP Sir Sean Connery Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...