The RIP Sir Sean Connery Thread

1 hour ago, lostone said:

I just don’t understand... they are making it know what they are going to do and our resident GOPers are silent

They literally don't care dude. Idk what you're expecting. They're owning the libs, and with Democrats being a bunch of spineless cretins, it's not like being upset would change anything. 

1 hour ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Y'all need to look at this Dollar Tree Eva Braun...

Except that it literally kinda is. Judge Dredd is a lot more 2020 than people want to admit

• Replies 52.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• lostone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Meal Team Six on the scene to protect other people's property. 

Totally not there in hopes of fulfilling their life long fantasy of shooting someone dead so those bullies back in high school will finally respect them. 

Don’t mess with the Green Buffets.  

Edit:  

Waddling soldiers, in the street.

Fearless men want "all you can eat".

"America First", they all will bray.

The large men of the Green Buffet.

Fake badges and patches, upon their chest.

MAGA chuds in LARPer dress.

One hundred men will dine today.

And all 100 eat at the Green Buffet.

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

Call of Duty has done to my generation what Facebook did to our parents...there I said it

Nah. We have enough forever wars around the globe that any of these tools could go to their local recruiting office and kill to their hearts content. 

But they prefer it this way. It's a bunch of cosplayers making up for a lifetime of insecurities. Plus there's less chance of someone shooting back here as opposed to in an actual war.

9 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Nah. We have enough forever wars around the globe that any of these tools could go to their local recruiting office and kill to their hearts content. 

But they prefer it this way. It's a bunch of cosplayers making up for a lifetime of insecurities. Plus there's less chance of someone shooting back here as opposed to in an actual war.

Yeah but thanks to like black ops instead of Sonny lied shirts or whateber the current generation crop cosplays black ops

15 minutes ago, lostone said:

Fed is warning that more stimulus is needed.  Rich folk about to get written another check!  It’s amazing.  And the poor GOP folks will cheer it on while their house is being taken away.  

Hope Trump gets beat so bad he doesn't show his face in public again.

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Don’t mess with the Green Buffets.  

Edit:  

Waddling soldiers, in the street.

Fearless men want "all you can eat".

"America First", they all bray.

The large men of the Green Buffett.

Fake badges and patches, upon their chest.

MAGA chuds in LARPer dress.

One hundred men will dine today.

And all 100 eat at the Green Buffet.

That brought a tear to my eye 😅

27 minutes ago, Carter said:
I'll never understand the people who are ok with this.

i think it comes down to this - people are invested in a world that produces these outcomes because it reinforces their own (false) conception of our social systems as true and just, so they become increasingly engaged in defending a status quo that benefits them psychologically, if not materially. 

it's also why these conspiracies are married to reactionary politics - they're trying to create simple answers to complex problems, but in their minds the problems only exist because of the people talking about them. 

if nobody talked about police brutality, it would no longer be a complex problem that they would be forced to rationalize - so the solution is that black lives matter is a terrorist organization sponsored by mega nazi george soros and if they weren't running around starting anything everything would be hunky dory. 

and that's not even really getting into the fact that one half of our political apparatus has spent decades engineering a narrative that gives these people enemy after enemy to focus on while they strip-mine society of its wealth and make government as dysfunctional as possible both for its propaganda value and because it ensures they'll get away with it. 

10 minutes ago, achilles return said:

and that's not even really getting into the fact that one half of our political apparatus has spent decades engineering a narrative that gives these people enemy after enemy to focus on while they strip-mine society of its wealth and make government as dysfunctional as possible both for its propaganda value and because it ensures they'll get away with it. 

This has been deep seeded for over 40 years.  I think we are going to be heading back to Jim Crow laws where it’s more okay to murder  brow folks at will.  We are really about to have re-education camps where people are taught in a patriotic manner.  The Civil war will officially be called the war of northern aggression and we will teach that slaves were willing participants in the interaction.

the dumbest people are the ones who continually say democrats supported Jim crow and slavery yet ignore the party that currently supports white supremacy and white nationalists 

1 hour ago, achilles return said:

i think it comes down to this - people are invested in a world that produces these outcomes because it reinforces their own (false) conception of our social systems as true and just, so they become increasingly engaged in defending a status quo that benefits them psychologically, if not materially. 

I mean the same people who cheer on the police like they can do no wrong are often the same people screaming for small government and complaining about bureaucracy holding no one accountable. Like the contradiction and cognitive dissonance couldn't be more apparent but they don't even see it. They're too bought in to the partisan banter, to the point where they are actually supporting fascism and gleefully hoping that people standing up for OUR RIGHTS AS AMERICANS get crushed by the system.

But these are also people who hate the media and then don't even question the media's portrayal of these protests as violent riots.

Not impressed with this country at all lately.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The RIP Sir Sean Connery Thread