• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• lostone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

My biggest disappointment with how things ended is the show made the White Walkers much more important/ominous than GRRM has done  thus far in the books (they're only called The Others in the books, have appeared much less frequently, and there's no central bad guy/Night King [though there is a mythical Night's King, but a totally different character]), and then they were not the "ultimate" threat.  Defeating them, and then still having to go face Cersei/Dany heel turn cheapened the White Walkers.  Granted, it fit in with the overall narrative of the show that men playing the game of thrones led to disaster, since that's where we ended up, but D&D built up this mystical ice zombie army to almost be a distraction until the final showdowns with Cersei/Dany.

4 minutes ago, Scrunchomarx said:

All I know about game of thrones was learned from South Park. Is it worth spending the time watching it? I have seen 0 minutes of the show

I mean ... yes. Abso****inglutely yes. Like, why aren’t you starting right this ******* second? Just put on season one and give in to it. At the very least you’ll get like 45 really awesome hours out of it.

3 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

I mean ... yes. Abso****inglutely yes. Like, why aren’t you starting right this ******* second? Just put on season one and give in to it. At the very least you’ll get like 45 really awesome hours out of it.

Thanks!

and to the lawyers in the house will the lawsuits brought forth by the gay objectors have any effect on any lawsuits brought forth by mask non believers? Like will they kinda make it settled a law sort of thing?

For anyone who is interested in such things, the Phish dinner and a movie show tonight is Virginia Beach 1997, which I was at. It is actually one of the weakest shows of that summer 97 tour, but ******** they were so at their peak then it doesn’t matter much.

2 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Also Game of Thrones ruled. The ending was satisfying.

I think I’m just sad that the show is over. The ending itself is fine, though Jon’s identity was a major plot point that essentially went nowhere. Although I can understand the finality of exiling him and ending that bloodline within the context of the story. It’s the execution of the last episode in general that has rubbed me the wrong way.

Coming off of the absolutely stunning episode before it where we saw the true power of a dragon unleashed in a fury and how terrible it was. After hearing so much about it, seeing Harrenhal and seeing the mistrust of the northerners... that was a huge huge payoff to me.

Everything comes full circle in the finale but also the storytelling basically falls apart. The differences between the books and the show I can understand. GOT would be an incredibly different experience without the ultimate threat of the dead army and the night king. But in the same vein, the show surpassed the source material, GRRM stopped writing for the show after season 4 and didn’t finish his books. All he provided them was basically an outline of his ideas, without the detail he fleshes out in the books.

Its just sad to me that it’s over lol. They didn’t even give season 8 a full season worth of episodes and crammed in enough to probably cover 2 full seasons. Still a GOAT level show. 

56 minutes ago, AF89 said:

I liked where everyone ultimately ended up, but the execution.....if it had been any other show it would have been fine

That’s how I feel as well. The rush to end it was unnecessary to me since HBO seemed like they were comfortable keeping the checks blank to keep it going.  If seasons 7 and 8 had 10 episodes a piece, maybe there would have been a better payoff.

1 hour ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I'm glad businesses are taking a stand for this. I've never seen this kind of behavior from people because shirts and shoes are required in places. I could hear it now "I'm not a sheep I don't have to wear a shirt or shoes I got rights" that being said I'm sure it's happened just not on this level.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Kraken has been released from her retainer agreement Thread