Jump to content

The Kraken has been released from her retainer agreement Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 62.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mr. Hoopah!

    8169

  • AF89

    5557

  • WhenFalconsWin

    4266

  • lostone

    3341

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Heartless *******   

Posted Images

1 hour ago, The Monarch said:

No, much worse. JDave has lost his mind. Come and get your boy.

@Mr. Hoopah!, you’re going to have to rename the thread Evil Empire or these tasteless hacks are going to take away all the cred you’ve built up. 

But you named it Tres Hombres first, so it’s probably too late. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Monarch said:

Too bad the last thread got deleted, otherwise you could’ve joined my therapy group for people who loved Game of Thrones (warts and all) from beginning to end. I think Billy, God rest his soul, was a member.

I never understood why people got so bent out of shape with the GOT ending. It was foreshadowed from the very first season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I never understood why people got so bent out of shape with the GOT ending. It was foreshadowed from the very first season. 

I preached for years that Dany’s vision of the Iron Throne covered in snow in the House of the Undying in S2 showed us exactly how it was going to end. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I never understood why people got so bent out of shape with the GOT ending. It was foreshadowed from the very first season. 

For me, the problem wasn’t the plot itself.  I had no issue with that.  The problem was that the last season was so rushed that it became terrible storytelling.

Imagine reading The Lord of the Rings trilogy.  You get to “Return of the King” and the last 1/4th of the book is just an outline for how the story ends.  Like literally just a series of bullet points telling the plot ending.  That’s what that last season of GoT was to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

For me, the problem wasn’t the plot itself.  I had no issue with that.  The problem was that the last season was so rushed that it became terrible storytelling.

Imagine reading The Lord of the Rings trilogy.  You get to “Return of the King” and the last 1/4th of the book is just an outline for how the story ends.  Like literally just a series of bullet points telling the plot ending.  That’s what that last season of GoT was to me.

The entire series had its rushed moments. There were several cases of characters going from the Wall to King's Landing in 1/4 of an episode at times and taking most of a season at other times. 

It's just what happens when you try to serialize such a vast epic in 7-13 episodes a season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Trump is going to fire another inspector general this Friday...

The Department of Homeland Security inspector general is undertaking two new investigations into the department's response to the coronavirus outbreak due to concerns that federal agencies mismanaged the pandemic.  

The government watchdog is examining management of the Covid-19 response at Customs and Border Protection and Immigration and Customs Enforcement facilities, related to detainees in their custody and to the staff, according to the inspector general.

This coronavirus-related investigation — as well as one into the Federal Emergency Management Agency, a component of DHS — are listed as "new" on the inspector general's list of ongoing investigations. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

The entire series had its rushed moments. There were several cases of characters going from the Wall to King's Landing in 1/4 of an episode at times and taking most of a season at other times. 

It's just what happens when you try to serialize such a vast epic in 7-13 episodes a season. 

Then don’t try to cram it all into 7 seasons.  The showrunners were tired of doing the show.  Fine, they could have handed it off to someone else and spent another 1-2 seasons telling the ending of the story.  

The timing and pacing of the first three seasons was perfect.  Just brilliant story telling.  So it wasn’t that they couldn’t tell the story properly.  It’s that they were looking over at Disney and probably thinking, “let’s wrap this up now and see ya’ wouldn’t wanna be ya’”.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

@Mr. Hoopah!, you’re going to have to rename the thread Evil Empire or these tasteless hacks are going to take away all the cred you’ve built up. 

But you named it Tres Hombres first, so it’s probably too late. 

Your closing argument today should’ve just been to quote Ænima, in which one of the great California bands spend the entire song talking about how much the state sucks and how they pray it will fall into the ocean and kill everyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Also Game of Thrones ruled. The ending was satisfying.

I liked where everyone ultimately ended up, but the execution.....if it had been any other show it would have been fine

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Kraken has been released from her retainer agreement Thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...