• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• lostone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

I tend to like older rock, but ZZ Top isn't close to RATM. Or RHCP. Or Kendrick Lamar. Or Dre. Or Snoop. Or

Just aint.

Basically, ZZ Top is the Xzibit of Texas.

X to the z went to cibola hs. Some of the older homies used to kick with him way back. Restless a classic though 

23 minutes ago, Carter said:

Ya know, having just finished the whole series I have to say imo the complaints about season 8 are weird. I thought it was incredible. The final episode was disappointing but the penultimate was one of the most powerful and intense episodes of the entire show. The season was a bit rushed in its storytelling so I can see it from that angle. I wish things had unfolded a bit differently afterwards in the final episode but overall an amazing show and we shall never see its like again.

🤓

Too bad the last thread got deleted, otherwise you could’ve joined my therapy group for people who loved Game of Thrones (warts and all) from beginning to end. I think Billy, God rest his soul, was a member.

24 minutes ago, Carter said:

Ya know, having just finished the whole series I have to say imo the complaints about season 8 are weird. I thought it was incredible. The final episode was disappointing but the penultimate was one of the most powerful and intense episodes of the entire show. The season was a bit rushed in its storytelling so I can see it from that angle. I wish things had unfolded a bit differently afterwards in the final episode but overall an amazing show and we shall never see its like again.

🤓

My biggest complaint about season 8 is that it made nearly everything leading up to it irrelevant.

The big reveal in season 7 just went kinda by the waste side.

Does the lord of light still care anymore?

Did Bran play the whole thing?

In and out of itself it was fine but to me it just either undid or just ignored so many of the things that lead up to season 8.

They are doing a prequel set I think about 500 years before the events of GOT.

46 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

I tend to like older rock, but ZZ Top isn't close to RATM. Or RHCP. Or Kendrick Lamar. Or Dre. Or Snoop. Or

Just aint.

Basically, ZZ Top is the Xzibit of Texas.

Pretty accurate. I didn’t even mention more mediocre California bands like Journey or Offspring or No Doubt or Rancid. 

And somehow I forgot other good acts like Operation Ivy AND Dead Kennedys. 

Just now, falconsd56 said:

My biggest complaint about season 8 is that it made nearly everything leading up to it irrelevant.

In and out of itself it was fine but to me it just either undid or just ignored so many of the things that lead up to season 8.

Hard disagree on the bolded, but I spent way too much ink on that last year.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Scrunchomarx said:

X to the z went to cibola hs. Some of the older homies used to kick with him way back. Restless a classic though 

For sure. It's like ZZ Top. Some good songs, songs we all know and like.

But X to the Z aint Snoop. Or Dre. Or Too Short.

Xzibit is the E40 of Albuquerque.

ZZ Top is to Texas as the Flock of Seagulls is to Liverpool...

Edited by Optimus_Cr1m35
16 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Fair points and the more I think about the final episode the more disappointed I am. They weaved a lot of prior story into season 8 but also left some things to become irrelevant. Theon’s return to Winterfell legit brought a tear to my eye. I was expecting a bigger payoff for Jon. Where Jon ends up and how Bran gets nominated were really odd and probably awful story decisions. I guess that’s what happens though when GRRM hasn’t finished the story and they had to end it somehow. It’s mildly annoying that GRRM came out afterwards and said the books are not ending like the show did.

Overall though it’s one of the best shows ever. I will probably watch it again. Following up with Arya would be interesting but I think they already shot it down. 

16 minutes ago, Boner said:

California gave us Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan.  Texas gave us George W.  Toss up.

I mean, Ted Cruz dude. Ted Cruz.

But then again, Dana Tyrone Rohrabacher, a climate denialist best known for being a ****ty old conservative white dude who has set us back on climate policy and who has both a woman's and black dude's name.

But then again again, Rick Perry.

Tough call on ****ty politicians, but I'm gonna go with "California has been setting the standard on environmental concerns for decades" over "Texas' refusal to buy accurate and complete science and history textbooks has been dragging us all down for decades." Once again, Cali wins.

1 minute ago, The Monarch said:

I mean, Ted Cruz dude. Ted Cruz.

But then again, Dana Tyrone Rohrabacher, a climate denialist best known for being a ****ty old conservative white dude who has set us back on climate policy and who has both a woman's and black dude's name.

But then again again, Rick Perry.

Tough call on ****ty politicians, but I'm gonna go with "California has been setting the standard on environmental concerns for decades" over "Texas' refusal to buy accurate and complete science and history textbooks has been dragging us all down for decades." Once again, Cali wins.

Devin Nunes has entered the chat

5 minutes ago, Carter said:

Fair points and the more I think about the final episode the more disappointed I am. They weaved a lot of prior story into season 8 but also left some things to become irrelevant. Theon’s return to Winterfell legit brought a tear to my eye. I was expecting a bigger payoff for Jon. Where Jon ends up and how Bran gets nominated were really odd and probably awful story decisions. I guess that’s what happens though when GRRM hasn’t finished the story and they had to end it somehow. It’s mildly annoying that GRRM came out afterwards and said the books are not ending like the show did.

Overall though it’s one of the best shows ever. I will probably watch it again. Following up with Arya would be interesting but I think they already shot it down. 

Seriously, I wrote a **** thesis on this **** in the last thread and not being able to quickly go back and quote it is literally the greatest injustice in the history of the world.

I need to talk to the manager. @Jpizzle!

11 minutes ago, Carter said:

Oh yeah..in terms of overall show...it is top 3 or 4 of all-time IMO and it is going to be hard to replicate it.

The moment where Bran tells Theon that he was a good man and the look of relief on Theons face....dude someone was chopping some serious onions.

Even as disappointing as the season as a whole was there were great individual moments.

15 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

Seriously, I wrote a **** thesis on this **** in the last thread and not being able to quickly go back and quote it is literally the greatest injustice in the history of the world.

I need to talk to the manager. @Jpizzle!

Hiding threads so we can clean them up instead of deleting them is something that has been brought up.

Okay Karen?

4 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

How y’all argue over California music and not talk about The Eagles? 

I mentioned them in my first post on it. I mean, I hate them, but I'm not trying to act like they're not a super significant rock act.

3 hours ago, The Monarch said:

And the Grateful Dead and CCR and Guns n ******* Roses (but also Motley Crue so...) and The Doors (not my cup of tea but whatever) and the Beach Boys and Green Day and the Byrds and Jefferson Airplane and Metallica and Rage Against the ******* Machine and Red Hot Chili Peppers and Van Halen and ... ugh ... the ******* Eagles, man, and Tool and Kendrick Lamar (I know he's covered above, but still) and Jane's Addiction and Faith No More and Weird Al ******* Yankovic and Etta James and  ...

and I grow tired of this game. Texas can mostly **** right off.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

How y’all argue over California music and not talk about The Eagles? 

“Man, I’ve had a rough day and I hate the f****** Eagles, man.” 

But on a serious note, I as well dislike them with a passion 

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Kraken has been released from her retainer agreement Thread