• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• lostone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

On 10/28/2020 at 4:22 PM, Corn Pop said:

It seems like professional baseball has become a sport for (1) guys who when they were kids their parents could afford to have them traveling all around their region of the country playing baseball and (2) Hispanic guys who come from countries that suffer from abject poverty. 

MLB is pretty much completely irrelevant in the African American community.

Doesn’t seem great for the future of the sport.

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Money is money if you talk to the Biden Crime Family. I guess what I'm saying and what I need you to understand is (for me) I'd rather earn it from Fox News than take "take it" from China. 

You're not the one that ought to be humiliated by what he's doing for money right now. That would be Glenn.

3 minutes ago, Serge said:

You're not the one that ought to be humiliated by what he's doing for money right now. That would be Glenn.

Glen is doing what I would do in his situation. He is taking this pretty well, If I founded a company like he did, (I was able to sell mine, no one took it from me essentially) I'd probably be a little more upset than he is I think. 

Just now, WhenFalconsWin said:

Glen is doing what I would do in his situation. He is taking this pretty well, If I founded a company like he did, (I was able to sell mine, no one took it from me) I'd probably be a little more upset than he is I think. 

Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. He's doing exactly what you would do in his situation.

12 hours ago, AF89 said:

@Leon Troutsky i think we might be to the point if Trumps going to win the polls and methodology are just going to have to be wildly wrong. No room for "well everything spread out perfectly within the margin of error on this one"

Yeah, that’s where I’m at right now, too.  What I would say is that Arizona is awfully close (2.8%) and PA is trending Trump, but not yet at a rate fast enough to flip the numbers.  Trump can win if he takes all of the close states (FL, NC, IA, OH) plus AZ and PA.  That still seems within the realm of possibility to me.  

But if we get to election day and the numbers look like this, and Trump pulls off a win, then we’re going to have to consider whether polling has any actual value in this new era.  IOW, a polling error of this magnitude would make us start asking if polls are completely useless for any kind of prediction of the race.

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

Yeah, that’s where I’m at right now, too.  What I would say is that Arizona is awfully close (2.8%) and PA is trending Trump, but not yet at a rate fast enough to flip the numbers.  Trump can win if he takes all of the close states (FL, NC, IA, OH) plus AZ and PA.  That still seems within the realm of possibility to me.  

But if we get to election day and the numbers look like this, and Trump pulls off a win, then we’re going to have to consider whether polling has any actual value in this new era.  IOW, a polling error of this magnitude would make us start asking if polls are completely useless for any kind of prediction of the race.

Also, I don’t think “but covid” would be a convincing response to the polls being that wrong.  

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Funny how people are coming around to WFW now. I think a lot of it is just cya's myself.  

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The Kraken has been released from her retainer agreement Thread