Find results in...
Mr. Hoopah!

The J*zzlaine Maxwell Arkancide Watch Thread

13 hours ago, HolyMoses said:

The primary is over.  
Trump 2020

Ivanka 2024

Welcome back. 

I remember back in 2019 you and your friend Trout would both log-in just to say that you guys didn't want to post here anymore because of leftist tweets, but you never got the reaction you wanted because nobody really cared.

Fast-forward to this year and once the leftist tweets become by and large absent we have Trout here everyday talking down to people and you acting out your four-year long existential crisis.

It's true what they say; 2020 really is the worst year ever. :flush:

3 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

So what exactly did I say that makes you think I think life should be handed to you on a silver platter? Show me.

When I stated I had to make some sacrifices to achieve something you acted like that was the most horrific thing that anyone should go through.  Sorry but the best things in life take hard work to achieve. And the reason this country is the richest on earth is based off that notion of self reliance, perseverance and hard work not handouts.

3 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Do you have a degree? Have you ever applied for student loans or scholarships?  It took me zero effort to apply for and receive a student loan.  Same thing for Pell, Hope, on and on. I speak from experience.  You claim “Oh well they pay for it in higher taxes.” Why not let them pay for it with a student loan? That can be paid off in a few years.  Taxes will be incurred by them until they are in their grave.  

Ultimately if you want an education, you are responsible for getting it. There are currently innumerable options to pay for or help you pay for it.  

He’s a college professor. Pretty sure he’s qualified to speak on this subject. 

Just now, Mr. Hoopah! said:

He’s a college professor. Pretty sure he’s qualified to speak on this subject. 

Oh I’m sure he is. That really does explains a lot. “Let’s tax the American people more to help subsidize my chosen career”

How about if he wants free education to all how about he push his university to just let anyone in free of charge?  He could just teach for free if he wants.

4 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

When I stated I had to make some sacrifices to achieve something you acted like that was the most horrific thing that anyone should go through.  Sorry but the best things in life take hard work to achieve. And the reason this country is the richest on earth is based off that notion of self reliance, perseverance and hard work not handouts.

Okay so you make **** up and read my words through your own filter. Cool.

Just now, Godzilla1985 said:

Oh I’m sure he is. That really does explains a lot. “Let’s tax the American people more to help subsidize my chosen career”

How about if he wants free education to all how about he push his university to just let anyone in free of charge?  He could just teach for free if he wants.

just a warning, friends, you simply cannot have a serious dialogue with someone who thinks like this.

8 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Sounds like your getting angry because I called you out on your ********.

I mean....what?

Are we having the same conversation? Where do you feel like you called me out? What is happening here?

4 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

just a warning, friends, you simply cannot have a serious dialogue with someone who thinks like this.

No what I said is completely relevant.  You are all advocating for the American tax payer to pay 100% of the tuition for anyone who wants to get an education.  Just raise their taxes.  A college education in the United States is very much achievable. I did it in the 90s and I can guarantee you people have many more opportunities to do so today as happened back then.  

14 minutes ago, Carter said:

It takes a special kind of stupid to troll a moderator.

If he bans me he bans me. How am I trolling him? Because I don’t agree with his world view? We’re going back and forth. That’s not trolling.

2 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

If he bans me he bans me. How am I trolling him? Because I don’t agree with his world view? We’re going back and forth. That’s not trolling.

You have no idea what my worldview is. You've created one and put it on me by reading way more into my words than was there.....but it's certainly not mine.

24 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

Okay so you make **** up and read my words through your own filter. Cool.

It’s literally what you said.  You said it’s a ******* shame I had to make a sacrifice to get through college.  Didn’t make anything up.

Just now, Jdrizzle said:

You have no idea what my worldview is. You've created one and put it on me by reading way more into my words than was there.....but it's certainly not mine.

You quoted me and I responded.  

Just now, Godzilla1985 said:

It’s literally what you said.  You said it’s a ******* shame I had to make a sacrifice to get through college.  Didn’t make anything up.

I think it's a shame you had to sleep in your car to get a college education in the richest country in the world=I think life should be handed to you on a silver platter? Got ya.

I'm done though. Have a good one.

39 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Do you have a degree? Have you ever applied for student loans or scholarships?  It took me zero effort to apply for and receive a student loan.  Same thing for Pell, Hope, on and on. I speak from experience.  You claim “Oh well they pay for it in higher taxes.” Why not let them pay for it with a student loan? That can be paid off in a few years.  Taxes will be incurred by them until they are in their grave.  

Ultimately if you want an education, you are responsible for getting it. There are currently innumerable options to pay for or help you pay for it.  

:lol:  You might want to learn something about the person you’re talking to before making assumptions like the first two sentences.

Again, it’s not about effort to students.  It’s about the government bureaucracy involved in administering these programs.  You can cut government bureaucracy by eliminating all of the different programs and just moving to tuition free college like they did in Germany.  

Most student loan debt cannot be paid off in a few years.  That’s pure fantasy.  And again, administering student loans requires yet another huge government bureaucracy PLUS you get people who often cannot pay student loans because of recessions or other personal circumstances.  Nurses, for example, who get behind on their students loans have their nursing licenses suspended, preventing them from earning the income they need to pay those loans.  Having the cost of tuition paid back in terms of taxes is much more streamlined and efficient for everyone, including government.  

Moreover, having government pay for tuition directly allows government to leverage universities and colleges to keep tuition capped.  The student loan program is precisely why tuition keeps skyrocketing.  Schools can raise tuition and fees because they know that students will just keep borrowing more.  So people going to college in the 1990s required a helluva lot lower loan debt than students today.  Each successive generation ends up paying more for college while earning about the same income (adjusted for inflation).  So students today are saddled with huge loan debts because tuition is much higher.  Just having tuition free college means that government can negotiate with universities to keep tuition lower and everybody ends up with the same relative “debt” in terms of paying taxes on their income.  

It’s simpler, requires less bureaucracy, and avoids a ton of perverse incentives built into the current college system that’s based almost entirely on student loans from the government.  (You realize that the federal government administers virtually all loans right now, right?)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Except there aren’t enough of those scholarships for everyone.  Like I said, they have a system in Germany that works well and allows those who work hard to get an education without a lifetime of student loans.  It’s better for the economy in the long term because people don’t have a huge chunk of their monthly income sucked up by loan payments.  And students don’t have to jump through 1,000 hoops to get it.  If they have the grades and academic performance, they get accepted into the university and don’t worry about tuition.  Much simpler and streamlined system without all the different levels of bureaucracy we have in the US.  

By my calculation you break even long before hitting 40. After that you make substantially more money in the US than in Germany. And even when you are retired and living off your pension, Germany still taxes pension if they are above 1500€ (I am not kidding you) and you still have to pay 19% VAT and insane energy prices until the day you die.

If you argue that the German system is more fair.... maybe, probably, depends... if you argue that the American system cripples people with student loans for life compared to a land of paradise like Germany, than you are not doing the math correctly.

I also like to mention that people in Germany with a college degree somehow underperform in their professional life as they often settle for a safe job below their qualification. Since there is no urgency present, most lack any kind of entrepreneurship. Germany has an embarrassing low level of startups. A very notable and worrying difference compared to the US. 

Also many Germans finish their college studies in their late 20s because if it costs nothing, why hurry. That of course is a problem in a country lacking skilled professionals. It also leads to overcrowded universities - even though less people study here than anywhere else in the world - because people need to much time to finish. 

Edited by Herr Beast

39 minutes ago, Football Tony said:

I remember back in 2019 you and your friend Trout would both log-in just to say that you guys didn't want to post here anymore because of leftist tweets, but you never got the reaction you wanted because nobody really cared.

Fast-forward to this year and once the leftist tweets become by and large absent we have Trout here everyday talking down to people and you acting out your four-year long existential crisis.

It's true what they say; 2020 really is the worst year ever. :flush:

image.jpg?w=1024&c=1