Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Hoopah!

The J*zzlaine Maxwell Arkancide Watch Thread

4 minutes ago, Charles Wright said:

Many want a college diploma but not the work necessary to achieve one. It will turn into the latest silly quirk of everybody gets a trophy irregardless of their effort. Give me a Masters degree and I can get the job I've always wanted with high pay, BUT excuse me if I can't DO the job!

Where was Obama born?

43 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

This post shows you're completely out of touch with the realities of paying for college, which is crazy considering that you're helping pay for your kids.

First of all, the 13 years of free education do not in any way shape or form qualify you for a well paying job. Name me one job you can get straight out of high school that pays over $45K. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is a police officer and we see how that's turned out for us. A good factory job might pay you $15 an hour but that's just over $30K. Even "blue collar" jobs like plumbing require you to pay for technical school. A high school diploma is practically worthless.

College is absolutely a necessity nowadays to get a good paying job. We can argue whether that's right or wrong but I think we have to acknowledge that fact to be on the same page.

And what "sources of money" are out there for an 18 year old to earn the $30K to pay for school? You said they have to do the footwork so I'm assuming you're not talking about loans since that's pretty easy to get. So please, list out the various ways kids can get college for tuition.

Pell Grant, Hope Scholarship and countless academic and athletic scholarships and of course low interest student loans.

I came from a family with little means and was the 1st in my family to go to college. I received the Pell Grant, a math science academic scholarship and the Hope scholarship (and I didn’t even look for any other scholarships). Later I took out student loans.  Worked my *** off. At one point was living out of my car and sleeping in the student center at Tech.  Got out. Paid off my student loans a few years ago.

When you choose to go to college you are making a future investment in yourself.  If you make a ****ty investment (Sociology, Gender Studies, Drama) in your education where you can’t get a job and you fail to pay for your loans if you have them, that’s on YOU.  It’s not other people’s responsibility to pay for YOUR education.  It’s not easy but maybe that’s the problem. Lazy people now won’t put forth the effort to 1. Look for scholarships 2. Invest in degrees that are much harder to earn but almost guarantee employment (engineering, nursing, trades).

1 minute ago, Boner said:

Okay, thanks for the rudimentary statement on how democracies work.  I wasn't clear on how it all worked until you said that.  Thanks.

Anyway, let's circle back to you calling me entitled for wanting my tax dollars to help other people.  Do you know what the word entitled means?  I can help you if you don't. 

No you thought I talk about you specifically when I take a much broader swipe. I guess you felt entitled to be called out specifically :D

Just now, Boner said:

I just want people to know you are a birther before they respond to your drivel. 

Ah, the title giver! And what in your ?? mind makes you believe you qualify to JUDGE anyone? What is a birther btw, a midwife? 

42 minutes ago, Boner said:

Stagnant wages for decades>skyrocketing cost of higher education>skyrocketing cost of living

"They just want free stuff"

Selfish, horrible people....

32 minutes ago, Herr Beast said:

It is part of the entitlement that your life has automatically be as good or better than the life of your parents. Every generation faces their own challenges and blaming your parents or borrowing money from your future children will not solve anything.

4 minutes ago, Herr Beast said:

No you thought I talk about you specifically when I take a much broader swipe. I guess you felt entitled to be called out specifically :D

Guys, we need an internet wall.  Germany isn't sending their best.

10 hours ago, lostone said:

This country doesn’t respect education.  It’s just sad.  

Many just don’t respect people, generally.

”Hey look, there’s a bunch of poor, hungry people. We have the means to easily help them and make things better for everyone.”

”No! They have to EARN it!”

4 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Pell Grant, Hope Scholarship and countless academic and athletic scholarships and of course low interest student loans.

I came from a family with little means and was the 1st in my family to go to college. I received the Pell Grant, a math science academic scholarship and the Hope scholarship (and I didn’t even look for any other scholarships). Later I took out student loans.  Worked my *** off. At one point was living out of my car and sleeping in the student center at Tech.  Got out. Paid off my student loans a few years ago.

When you choose to go to college you are making a future investment in yourself.  If you make a ****ty investment (Sociology, Gender Studies, Drama) in your education where you can’t get a job and you fail to pay for your loans if you have them, that’s on YOU.  It’s not other people’s responsibility to pay for YOUR education.  It’s not easy but maybe that’s the problem. Lazy people now won’t put forth the effort to 1. Look for scholarships 2. Invest in degrees that are much harder to earn but almost guarantee employment (engineering, nursing, trades).

If no immediate gratification is granted, people now will complain. It is just the sad result of social media. You can always post something somewhere and get immediate gratification. Completely lost is the bigger picture and that you have to constantly grind your way up by hard work and relentless effort.

On 6/24/2020 at 12:56 PM, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I've been told we can't trust anything Strzok said or did ;)

Seriously though, if that's what his notes said, I can accept that, the conversation certainly seemed fishing as it related to sanctions (because everything from 2016- forward always went back to the Magnitsky Act {say word, @HolyMoses !}), but if Strzok thought there wasn't anything bad there, I can accept that. 

At this point, Flynn will never be charged with all of the other rumored misdeeds, like trying to build nuclear power plants in the ME that would benefit his friends, selling nuclear technology to ME countries, and agreeing to kidnap a Turkish cleric with his son and deliver him to Erdogan.  He and his son continue to flirt with Qanon.  They're bad people.  But it appears Sullivan went on a crusade against him.

3 minutes ago, Boner said:

Then why the **** are you commenting on this?  You don't know what people are dealing with over here.  Your opinion is irrelevant. 

Probably just for entertainment. The US is good source for pure entertainment. Doesn‘t matter if its football or movies or the madness on all front that define the US politics and society.

9 hours ago, Ignatius R said:

I defended him too. 

I still remember the days on TATF when some Panthers fan made a thread bragging about Kris Jenkins's quickness. His proof? Photos of Kris Jenkins jumping offsides in a training camp scrimmage.  

That was my finest moment on this board. I photoshopped, poorly, almost all the images in that thread. Kris Jenkins being quick all over history and ****. Sad it’s gone.

16 minutes ago, Charles Wright said:

Many want a college diploma but not the work necessary to achieve one. It will turn into the latest silly quirk of everybody gets a trophy irregardless of their effort. Give me a Masters degree and I can get the job I've always wanted with high pay, BUT excuse me if I can't DO the job!

So what does making College affordable have to do with ACTUALLY QUALIFYING to go to College? 

Sorry, I went to a university before so I know how it works to get into school.

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Can you imagine the kind of h***scape that would result if any country actually had tuition free education nationwide?

:looks at Germany:

Oh, nevermind.

I paid much more extra tax (compared to the US) in the last 20 years than I would have ever amassed in college tuition.

39 minutes ago, Herr Beast said:

It is part of the entitlement that your life has automatically be as good or better than the life of your parents. Every generation faces their own challenges and blaming your parents or borrowing money from your future children will not solve anything.

Wut