Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Hoopah!

The J*zzlaine Maxwell Arkancide Watch Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I know this might seem odd to some, but when a person wants something that costs money, most of us work to earn money to pay for it ourselves. 

The government gives everyone 13 years of free education, enough to go out and get a well paying job. If you want more, you pay for it .

I really don't  buy into making the world a better place by paying for college education for everyone. 

Like I said if you really want a college degree there are plenty of sources to get the money. The problem is, some people don't want to have to the footwork. 

This post shows you're completely out of touch with the realities of paying for college, which is crazy considering that you're helping pay for your kids.

First of all, the 13 years of free education do not in any way shape or form qualify you for a well paying job. Name me one job you can get straight out of high school that pays over $45K. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is a police officer and we see how that's turned out for us. A good factory job might pay you $15 an hour but that's just over $30K. Even "blue collar" jobs like plumbing require you to pay for technical school. A high school diploma is practically worthless.

College is absolutely a necessity nowadays to get a good paying job. We can argue whether that's right or wrong but I think we have to acknowledge that fact to be on the same page.

And what "sources of money" are out there for an 18 year old to earn the $30K to pay for school? You said they have to do the footwork so I'm assuming you're not talking about loans since that's pretty easy to get. So please, list out the various ways kids can get college for tuition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I know this might seem odd to some, but when a person wants something that costs money, most of us work to earn money to pay for it ourselves. 

The government gives everyone 13 years of free education, enough to go out and get a well paying job. If you want more, you pay for it .

I really don't  buy into making the world a better place by paying for college education for everyone. 

Like I said if you really want a college degree there are plenty of sources to get the money. The problem is, some people don't want to have to the footwork. 

While I think free college education could be possible in the US as well, I absolutely agree that some people just want to use the country as their personal credit card. 

What really bothers me most is that they called themselfes anti-capitalists. But it is not like they donate their extra money from Uncle Sam‘s credit card to good causes, they just want to consume more.

Little entitled crybabies.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it’s no longer cool to discuss anything that has to do with Russia, but this is outrageous and pathetic. And I can discuss this without going into crazy theories about Trump and Putin. Trump is a piece of ****, no theories needed. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I know it’s no longer cool to discuss anything that has to do with Russia, but this is outrageous and pathetic. And I can discuss this without going into crazy theories about Trump and Putin. Trump is a piece of ****, no theories needed. 

 

Bountygate all over again

F*** the saints/swampers/rat-faced-boy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, eatcorn said:

I have a feeling we're getting closer to the 'I just FEEL THIS WAY and it's MY OPINION' part of the exercise.

To be fair, she does make it really easy to predict these things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

This post shows you're completely out of touch with the realities of paying for college, which is crazy considering that you're helping pay for your kids.

First of all, the 13 years of free education do not in any way shape or form qualify you for a well paying job. Name me one job you can get straight out of high school that pays over $45K. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is a police officer and we see how that's turned out for us. A good factory job might pay you $15 an hour but that's just over $30K. Even "blue collar" jobs like plumbing require you to pay for technical school. A high school diploma is practically worthless.

College is absolutely a necessity nowadays to get a good paying job. We can argue whether that's right or wrong but I think we have to acknowledge that fact to be on the same page.

And what "sources of money" are out there for an 18 year old to earn the $30K to pay for school? You said they have to do the footwork so I'm assuming you're not talking about loans since that's pretty easy to get. So please, list out the various ways kids can get college for tuition.

That whole post she stated was cut and pasted straight from 1965! 
 

That is NOT the world we currently live in and is making me wonder if she is really paying for kids to go to College. 
 

Or maybe her family is well off enough to where shelling out 30 grand or more a year doesn’t even phase them. Must be nice if that’s the case!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I know it’s no longer cool to discuss anything that has to do with Russia, but this is outrageous and pathetic. And I can discuss this without going into crazy theories about Trump and Putin. Trump is a piece of ****, no theories needed. 

 

Let's see if anyone who raged about Benghazi for years cares even a little bit about this. There are receipts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Boner said:

Stagnant wages for decades>skyrocketing cost of higher education>skyrocketing cost of living

"They just want free stuff"

Selfish, horrible people....

It is part of the entitlement that your life has automatically be as good or better than the life of your parents. Every generation faces their own challenges and blaming your parents or borrowing money from your future children will not solve anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Herr Beast said:

It is part of the entitlement that your life has automatically be as good or better than the life of your parents. Every generation faces their own challenges and blaming your parents or borrowing money from your future children will not solve anything.

What a stupid take. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Boner said:

What a stupid take. 

It is the reality, It doesn‘t matter if stupid or not.

Whining and complaining will do you no good. Companies already actively avoid that type of millenials. I work closely with HR in my company and it is getting more and more difficult to find young people where our expectations are met with their expectations. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Boner said:

Hey guys, I need to apologize.  I was being really entitled when I said that I wanted the money I spend in taxes to go to something that will not benefit me personally.  I'm really sorry for that.  I should know better. 

You realize that in countries you fancy about, most of the tax money you pay does not do anything that benefits you directly? The US probably even has a better „benefits received per tax money paid“ ratio than most other countries because taxes are extremely low compared to most other countries.

Edited by Herr Beast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Herr Beast said:

It is the reality, It doesn‘t matter if stupid or not.

Whining and complaining will do you no good. Companies already actively avoid that type of millenials. I work closely with HR in my company and it is getting more and more difficult to find young people where our expectations are met with their expectations. 

 

This has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation.  It doesn't make any sense anyway.  I have a good job.  I support myself.  I don't ask anyone for anything.  And here I am saying I want my tax dollars to go towards higher education for OTHER PEOPLE.  What the **** are you even talking about? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Boner said:

This has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation.  It doesn't make any sense anyway.  I have a good job.  I support myself.  I don't ask anyone for anything.  And here I am saying I want my tax dollars to go towards higher education for OTHER PEOPLE.  What the **** are you even talking about? 

And other people have other opinion where tax dollars - more likely borrowed money - should go. The democratic process determines what will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

That whole post she stated was cut and pasted straight from 1965! 
 

That is NOT the world we currently live in and is making me wonder if she is really paying for kids to go to College. 
 

Or maybe her family is well off enough to where shelling out 30 grand or more a year doesn’t even phase them. Must be nice if that’s the case!

 Many want a college diploma but not the work necessary to achieve one. It will turn into the latest silly quirk of everybody gets a trophy irregardless of their effort. Give me a Masters degree and I can get the job I've always wanted with high pay, BUT excuse me if I can't DO the job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Herr Beast said:

And other people have other opinion where tax dollars - more likely borrowed money - should go. The democratic process determines what will happen.

Okay, thanks for the rudimentary statement on how democracies work.  I wasn't clear on how it all worked until you said that.  Thanks.

Anyway, let's circle back to you calling me entitled for wanting my tax dollars to help other people.  Do you know what the word entitled means?  I can help you if you don't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Charles Wright said:

 Many want a college diploma but not the work necessary to achieve one. It will turn into the latest silly quirk of everybody gets a trophy irregardless of their effort. Give me a Masters degree and I can get the job I've always wanted with high pay, BUT excuse me if I can't DO the job!

The US should rather concentrate to establish a working apprenticeship system like many European countries have. It would make many useless degrees in the US redundant.

But that would mean being an apprentice for some three years and I already see people here calling that „slave labor“. That it ultimately often results in better paid job than what you get from a generic college degree is often ignored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
  • Create New...