Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Hoopah!

The J*zzlaine Maxwell Arkancide Watch Thread

39 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

You can't only consider tuition.  That is about half the cost to send my kids to college. 

so that makes it not worth doing? why?

you're being pointlessly arbitrary. we can consider whatever we want. there's no restriction on the composition of public services. 

and you still didn't answer my question.

1 minute ago, achilles return said:

so that makes it not worth doing? why?

you're being pointlessly arbitrary. we can consider whatever we want. there's no restriction on the composition of public services. 

and you still didn't answer my question.

I just want to know who will pay for the other half of the cost of college. 

Is the government going to cover that cost or are the students responsible?

I think I have answered your questions.  If I missed one, please ask again.

2 minutes ago, achilles return said:

lol what the ****?

K-12 is free education to the student, the government pays for it with tax dollars. 

How good is that education system working? You really want to continue down the road of government schools?

1 minute ago, achilles return said:

pre-18th century literacy rates were better for society anyways!

Really? You mean the society where only the elites were educated? You mean the society where many people were  forbidden to learn to read?

4 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I just want to know who will pay for the other half of the cost of college. 

Is the government going to cover that cost or are the students responsible?

I think I have answered your questions.  If I missed one, please ask again.

i've said multiple times now that we could do means-tested cost subsidies for the rest. so the public will cover the cost in some cases, and families will be responsible in others. it's not at all relevant to the issue of tutiton, though. tuition-free public institutions would be a good in and of themselves. the cost-savings to families would immediately be immense. you have not told me why it would not be worth doing on its own, and i want to know why that is.

i also asked you whether or not you still were suggesting that eliminating tuition wasn't 'affordable'. do concede that this is pretty absurd, just from the numbers?

i had more questions about the impact of the student loan debt on society and the economy, and the place it puts the united states relative to other wealthy countries where college costs are negligible. i can quote them again.

7 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Really? You mean the society where only the elites were educated? You mean the society where many people were  forbidden to learn to read?

oh yeah, that does sound pretty bad!

man i wonder what we implemented, as a species, in literally every country on earth, to move away from education being exclusive to the aristocracy and landed nobility

if only i could remember

51 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Alright, yeah, I'm blocking the narcissist who's incapable of having any actual discussion. Finally. Gave her the benefit of the doubt for a while but she's clearly not interested in any good faith discussion. An educator making fun of someone for student loans when inflation has risen 2x in the last 30 years while college tuition has raised between 4-10x depending on the school in question...you can't pay your way through school as easily as you used to. My fiance was working 40-60 hour weeks and still has 30k in student loans. It defies logic. So there's no point trying to employ logic.

And before the yada yada about how I should have just worked a job and paid my way through school, I did work part time and used my GI Bill from when I was in the Navy. I'm lucky.

Something the narcissist, ironically, is so offended by...

Like I said, her rationale was because some university at some point would find a way to take advantage of it so we can’t even do a reduction of fees option. 

Sad

3 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

I'm gonna need more graphs AR.

ok

pIV0V5m.png

the picture doesn't do the interactive chart justice, though. you have to scroll for a while to get it.

https://ourworldindata.org/literacy

how anyone can look at this data and think anything other than "yes the establishment of government schools have not only 'worked out well', they're literally one of the most important foundations of modern society"

like that's the most insane thing she's said today, by far. and she literally works in education! i mean, what???

16 minutes ago, bdog 29 said:

In happier news

Maybe my vote will actually be worth something this year

Happy happy, joy joy!!

I am tired of my vote NEVER counting! First in the fifth district where everyone voted the same and now where so many vote against their best interests.

Maybe some good can come out of  Corona!

7 hours ago, HolyMoses said:

6 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

This is such a load of crap, most of those hosts are talking about Hidden Bidden! I watch these shows, I know for a fact they are talking about the creepy, senile old man in the basement!

I can see desperate you guys are getting when you post this!

:happened:

6 hours ago, HolyMoses said:

A little irony deprived, huh?

edit:  Hey, BamaBirdLady, talk to me at the bottom of this post:

Ok, here's the thing.  The folks who made this ad KNOW that the Fox people were talking about Biden.  You see, not only did they want to point out how cognitively impaired Trump is, they wanted to show how obscenely hypocritical the FoxNews gang is.  You see, everyone else on this board already knew that so I am talking to you personally down here at the bottom of this post to make sure you got it too.  You know a lot of folks who support Trump are Rich Greedy jerks who know how disgraceful Trump is but are willing to go along with it for their own personal gain.  And some are just morons who don't get things.

Which category are you in?

52 minutes ago, achilles return said:

pre-18th century literacy rates were better for society anyways!

47 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

44 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Printable type was a mistake

Gonna have to take irony out of y’all’s tool kit for this one, boys.  Yes, I learned the hard way too. 

44 minutes ago, achilles return said:

man i wonder what we implemented, as a species, in literally every country on earth, to move away from education being exclusive to the aristocracy and landed nobility

if only i could remember

The Cotten Gin?  

No?

The Assassination of Arch Duke Ferdinand?

Wrong Again?

The “mail box rule”!!! ?? 

Ok. I give up.  What is it?

1 hour ago, BamaBirdLady said:

K-12 is free education to the student, the government pays for it with tax dollars. 

How good is that education system working? You really want to continue down the road of government schools?

You know that you essentially just described UGA, which has actually become one of the finest schools in the country since the Hope scholarship made it free for most of the in state kids.  

GOP, I got mine screw you.  Who’s gonna pay for the poors?  We gotta give corporations and military trillions, but education meh.

the GOP are exactly the opposite of Christ like.  Scream Jesus and god then do everything to do the opposite.  Evil hypocrites