The Joe Biden Presidency Thread

The roni has me in a bit of a sh*t mood.

So, I signed my kid up for his final flag football season, which was supposed to start last month. Delayed due to roni. No biggie.

Season ended up cancelled, which is fine considering the circumstances. Now, the league is giving everyone 2 options, either stayed enrolled and play (hopefully) in the fall, or get a credit on the account that's good for 2 years. They stated "No Refunds" as a league policy pre-roni, and they're holding onto that stance.

Problem is, my son said he didn't want to play again after this session. periodt. So I either force him to, or the league wants to keep my money.

Am I wrong for wanting a GD refund?

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Aleksandr sportolli

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

So, I signed my kid up for his final flag football season, which was supposed to start last month. Delayed due to roni. No biggie.

Season ended up cancelled, which is fine considering the circumstances. Now, the league is giving everyone 2 options, either stayed enrolled and play (hopefully) in the fall, or get a credit on the account that's good for 2 years. They stated "No Refunds" as a league policy pre-roni, and they're holding onto that stance.

Problem is, my son said he didn't want to play again after this session. periodt. So I either force him to, or the league wants to keep my money.

Nope....I would be making a big stink about it.

20 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

I'd sure as **** want a refund

8 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

I didn't think I was being unreasonable. I've emailed them 3 times, haven't heard back. Guess the next approach is talking to Chase to see about a chargeback...

Normally I would say that  you would be out of luck with that  but with everything going on  I would image you would have a god shot at it now,

33 minutes ago, AF89 said:

'Unlike Trump we actually listen to the science however we wouldn't want to do anything rash not knowing all the facts....'

Scientists: For love of god please stop gathering in public places, please this is very time sensitive and only going to get worse

'... for now all we can do is wait'

That's empty absoultely meaningless bullchit

Also claimed that it was fine to touch the voting machines since they would be disinfected after every use even though people in charge said they wouldn't be able to do that.

But as long as the official spin is more legit than the twitter spin. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Normally I would say that  you would be out of luck with that  but with everything going on  I would image you would have a god shot at it now,

I totally understand the approach. It's meant to stop people from signing up, kid not liking it, and them requesting a refund.

But if you cancel the season, money should be refunded. Otherwise, in theory, you could sign up a bunch of people, then just cancel the season and keep the cash.

26 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

If they can't provide the product you're paying for then I don't see how the no refund would be applicable.

56 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Sorry, I don’t see any of that.  The DNC has never said they were going to enforce the rules this year after the extent of the coronavirus became apparent.  And in fact, they are meeting in a few weeks to offer waivers for states that did postpone them:

Tom Perez, the Democratic National Committee chairman, has urged states with upcoming contests to expand their use of voting by mail, no-excuse absentee voting, curbside ballot drop-offs and early voting. The committee also rescheduled the party’s national convention, from mid-July to mid-August.

The D.N.C.’s rules committee is expected to meet in the coming weeks to approve waivers for states that move their primaries past June 9, the party’s original deadline for holding nominating contests.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/2020-campaign-primary-calendar-coronavirus.html

^^^And what Biden said was that he would rely on the scientists and the courts about in-person voting.  I’ve heard the twitter spin that Biden was “wanting” in-person voting, but the actual video never said that.  He said he thought it was possible but, again, would defer to courts and scientists.  

This whole “the DNC is holding people hostage” is just another false narrative that’s getting spread around the internet that doesn’t have any real facts to back it up.

51 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Eye...roll

And yet just two days later he said his gut told him it was wrong to hold the in person voting. Why not say that the first time? Also, remember when he told voters if they were healthy and not at risk they should vote in Florida, as if that was what the scientists were saying?

Maybe the most annoying thing on this site and elsewhere is the absolute refusal to concede that the DNC was actively working to derail Sanders' campaign. Like, it's patent. There were articles in those prestigious news outlets about it. Yet if you make any reference to any of it, there's such pushback like, "parse the words man, he never EXPLICITLY said that!"  

18 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

Also claimed that it was fine to touch the voting machines since they would be disinfected after every use even though people in charge said that wouldn't be able to do that.

But as long as the official spin is more legit than the twitter spin. :rolleyes:

I just don't like the argument that 2-3 weeks ago was such a different world that it was maybe a little okay that the most powerful voices in the party were dithering on if continuing to allow people to gather at public voting locations was a good idea or not. If we're talking about back in February sure but I member most of us sitting here on this very board during the first multi state primary night following Super Tuesday posting "this is not a good idea"

Trouts right that youll never be able to prove it but from my perspective it's pretty obvious Biden team and DNC wanted to get as much of this out of the way as fast as they possibly could and probably in no small part because simply dragging this out could be politically turbulent, risking unkown variables out of their control, when he (Biden) all but had this wrapped up anyway.

3 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

And yet just two days later he said his gut told him it was wrong to hold the in person voting. Why not say that the first time? Also, remember when he told voters if they were healthy and not at risk they should vote in Florida, as if that was what the scientists were saying?

Maybe the most annoying thing on this site and elsewhere is the absolute refusal to concede that the DNC was actively working to derail Sanders' campaign. Like, it's patent. There were articles in those prestigious news outlets about it. Yet if you make any reference to any of it, there's such pushback like, "parse the words man, he never EXPLICITLY said that!"  

Look, you have to him seriously, not literally.

3 hours ago, Andrews_31 said:

Soooooo, you're backing away from July 5, 2020? You know, for posterity.  ;)

I think it will be close to that. It may be more late summer than I thought, but we'll see. 

Just did some rewiring on my boat trailer lights, everything is good now. Amazing what water can do to things. Most of the grounds were bad due to rust, a lot of the quick splice wire connectors had to be replaced, but mainly the grounds. 

1 hour ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

You can always play in his place

BBCC1894-AD8A-4794-963F-D125BCE058B0.jpeg

2 hours ago, Big_Dog said:

I get tired of trying to get him to wake up. Thanks for not making me feel like the lone ranger with @WhenFalconsWin AKA Mr. Wrong 99% of the time. :tiphat:

This is fake/scm/abf, y'all know hos much she-it I've gotten right over the years. Maybe if it keeps being repeated many of you Lemmings will start believing yourselves. I make a plethora of predictions, y'all just harp on the few I get wrong. Imagine if WFW wanted to take most of you and go over your prognostications?  Trust me, it would be really bad for most of you that actually commits to forecasting your thoughts.  

I stand out pretty well among the crowd.