• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Aleksandr sportolli

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

The Russians don’t have to lift a finger here in between now and November, Trump, his personal lawyer, and State News are spreading all the propaganda necessary 

Anyone notice that the "Pro Life" folks are also the "Pro Make 'Sacrifices' if we need to but by GOD let's get back to work."

9 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Sorry I'm just still really really really pissed that mom was forced to go vote just as this thing was firing off down in Florida tho I blame DeSantis more than state Dems on that one

Unbelievably ridiculous that "we have to vote on the normal schedule anyway because trying is hard" was ever an argument that wasn't met with anything but maximum scorn

You have nothing to apologize for. 

9 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Sorry I'm just still really really really pissed that mom was forced to go vote just as this thing was firing off down in Florida tho I blame DeSantis more than state Dems on that one

DeSantis has failed more than any other governor during this pandemic. He was spineless at first and then got bullied by Trump, who wanted his hotels open.

2 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Yeah, the article talks about the DNC rules that were decided years ago.  And it also notes that the DNC will consider the situation.  I’m pretty sure they’ll be making exceptions given the circumstances...

It is not yet clear whether these rules will be enforced, particularly now that the most delegate-rich state left on the calendar, New York, has chosen a delay. 

In a statement to Vox, DNC Communications Director Xochitl Hinojosa said, “We will continue to monitor the situation and work with state parties around their delegate selection plans, and if states move beyond the June 9th window stated in our rules, the Rules and Bylaws Committee will meet to discuss and determine next steps.”

I'm not endorsing the premise of the tweet, just pointing out it's not just Wisconsin that was in mind.

2 minutes ago, lostone said:

COVID healing relationships!

Her stepdad is a ER Nurse at a local hospital. He’s a good dude. I worry about him in all of this. 

We actually didn’t get her this past weekend because she’s been around him when he comes home. I hated to not see her but her mom agreed it was best to not risk anything. 

1 hour ago, AF89 said:

Seriously? Cmon this is a joke. If they wanted to reassure individual state committees that their delegate counts wouldn't be negatively effected they could have easily done so but they let it hang as a unknown threat that maybe they'll doing something about. Biden and his campaign played their part in the mess too by being as noncommittal as they could get away with. We basically forced people into potentially dangerous and understaffed polling locations because of a political axiom that it's disadvantageous to delay a conclusion when you have all the momentum. There was never any real pressure from democratic leadership to do this responsible thing but pass on the headache until we could make the court in Wisconsin a battleground over it.

Sorry, I don’t see any of that.  The DNC has never said they were going to enforce the rules this year after the extent of the coronavirus became apparent.  And in fact, they are meeting in a few weeks to offer waivers for states that did postpone them:

Tom Perez, the Democratic National Committee chairman, has urged states with upcoming contests to expand their use of voting by mail, no-excuse absentee voting, curbside ballot drop-offs and early voting. The committee also rescheduled the party’s national convention, from mid-July to mid-August.

The D.N.C.’s rules committee is expected to meet in the coming weeks to approve waivers for states that move their primaries past June 9, the party’s original deadline for holding nominating contests.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/2020-campaign-primary-calendar-coronavirus.html

^^^And what Biden said was that he would rely on the scientists and the courts about in-person voting.  I’ve heard the twitter spin that Biden was “wanting” in-person voting, but the actual video never said that.  He said he thought it was possible but, again, would defer to courts and scientists.  

This whole “the DNC is holding people hostage” is just another false narrative that’s getting spread around the internet that doesn’t have any real facts to back it up.

1 hour ago, AF89 said:

I'm imaging if Bernie had a delegate lead after Super Tuesday the entire calander would have been halted three weeks ago and a national party movement for in mail voting would have launched in some earnest....

but that's just me making up a narrative I want to be true even though the facts don’t support it.

FIFY

6 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

https://www.nytimes.com/article/2020-campaign-primary-calendar-coronavirus.html

^^^And what Biden said was that he would rely on the scientists and the courts about in-person voting.  I’ve heard the twitter spin that Biden was “wanting” in-person voting, but the actual video never said that.  He said he thought it was possible but, again, would defer to courts and scientists.  

Eye...roll

'Unlike Trump we actually listen to the science however we wouldn't want to do anything rash not knowing all the facts....'

Scientists: For love of god please stop gathering in public places, please this is very time sensitive and only going to get worse

'... for now all we can do is wait'

That's empty absoultely meaningless bullchit