• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Southern California Liar

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

3 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Dayum if you do dayum if you don't. Look for a strong comeback faster than most think.  Mid-summer may be too optimistic, but watch record markets/economy come before fall start...I know, for posterity. 

Soooooo, you're backing away from July 5, 2020? You know, for posterity.  ;)

3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Yeah, the article talks about the DNC rules that were decided years ago.  And it also notes that the DNC will consider the situation.  I’m pretty sure they’ll be making exceptions given the circumstances...

It is not yet clear whether these rules will be enforced, particularly now that the most delegate-rich state left on the calendar, New York, has chosen a delay. 

In a statement to Vox, DNC Communications Director Xochitl Hinojosa said, “We will continue to monitor the situation and work with state parties around their delegate selection plans, and if states move beyond the June 9th window stated in our rules, the Rules and Bylaws Committee will meet to discuss and determine next steps.”

Just now, Andrews_31 said:

Soooooo, you're backing away from July 5, 2020? You know, for posterity.  ;)

Remember when Nostradumbazz said that everything would be back to normal by April?  Also remember when he said that Biden would drop out before the first debates of the year, and then said Biden would drop out “before spring”, and then said Biden would drop out by the end of spring?

19 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Remember when Nostradumbazz said that everything would be back to normal by April?  Also remember when he said that Biden would drop out before the first debates of the year, and then said Biden would drop out “before spring”, and then said Biden would drop out by the end of spring?

You have to admire the consistency of his wrongness. Like, most people would stop talking after getting everything wrong for a while. Not him, though! He's a Trump Boomer! They have a compulsion.

20 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

You can go on all day with all the things he has said! 

Which now I feel like we won’t be back until 2021 after this latest revelation. :doh:

1 minute ago, jidady said:

You have to admire the consistency of his wrongness. Like, most people would stop talking after getting everything wrong for a while. Not him, though! He's a Trump Boomer! They have a compulsion.

I have gotten to the point where I believe he purposely gets $hit wrong just to mess with us! 

46 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Uh, wut?

They actively dragged their feet (if not when they were deliberately rejecting the idea) on delaying primaries until they had an obvious political advatage to gain from it.

This is going to make it just a little more difficult to hold the GOPs feet to the fire when it comes to the president claiming nobody but his likely voting base needs considerations when voting in a pandemic.

2 minutes ago, AF89 said:

They actively dragged their feet (if not when they were deliberately rejecting the idea) on delaying primaries until they had an obvious political advatage to gain from it.

This is going to make it just a little more difficult to hold the GOPs feet to the fire when it comes to the president claiming nobody but his likely voting base needs considerations when voting in a pandemic.

What specifically did the DNC do to stop primaries from being delayed?  

2 hours ago, JDaveG said:

"A vote for X is actually a vote for Y" is the dumbest argument in modern politics.

And that's saying something.

Unless you hold each candidate with completely equal contempt (which is rare) "the dumbest argument in modern politics" is actually pretty elemental math.

Any thoughts on Trump now dumping Inspector Generals?

Legislative Checks

Judicial Checks

Media

Truth

Administrative Watchdogs

Civil Justice System

52 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

What specifically did the DNC do to stop primaries from being delayed?  

Seriously? Cmon this is a joke. If they wanted to reassure individual state committees that their delegate counts wouldn't be negatively effected they could have easily done so but they let it hang as a unknown threat that maybe they'll doing something about. Biden and his campaign played their part in the mess too by being as noncommittal as they could get away with. We basically forced people into potentially dangerous and understaffed polling locations because of a political axiom that it's disadvantageous to delay a conclusion when you have all the momentum. There was never any real pressure from democratic leadership to do this responsible thing but pass on the headache until we could make the court in Wisconsin a battleground over it.

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Yeah, the article talks about the DNC rules that were decided years ago.  And it also notes that the DNC will consider the situation.  I’m pretty sure they’ll be making exceptions given the circumstances...

It is not yet clear whether these rules will be enforced, particularly now that the most delegate-rich state left on the calendar, New York, has chosen a delay. 

In a statement to Vox, DNC Communications Director Xochitl Hinojosa said, “We will continue to monitor the situation and work with state parties around their delegate selection plans, and if states move beyond the June 9th window stated in our rules, the Rules and Bylaws Committee will meet to discuss and determine next steps.”

NO NO NO!!!!! THE DNC WAS MURDERING HOSTAGES TO GIVE BIDEN THE NOMINATION.

I swear to God this place did not used to be so dumb.

11 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

NO NO NO!!!!! THE DNC WAS MURDERING HOSTAGES TO GIVE BIDEN THE NOMINATION.

I swear to God this place did not used to be so dumb.

I wish we didn't just wait for Trump to put lives in danger before we found some voice to our ethics :shrug:

52 minutes ago, jidady said:

50 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I have gotten to the point where I believe he purposely gets $hit wrong just to mess with us! 

53 minutes ago, jidady said:
53 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

You can go on all day with all the things he has said! 

Which now I feel like we won’t be back until 2021 after this latest revelation. :doh:

I get tired of trying to get him to wake up. Thanks for not making me feel like the lone ranger with @WhenFalconsWin AKA Mr. Wrong 99% of the time. :tiphat:

Sorry I'm just still really really really pissed that mom was forced to go vote just as this thing was firing off down in Florida tho I blame DeSantis more than state Dems on that one

Unbelievably ridiculous that "we have to vote on the normal schedule anyway because trying is hard" was ever an argument that wasn't met with anything but maximum scorn