Jump to content

The Joe Biden Presidency Thread


Mr. Hoopah!
 Share

Recommended Posts

Here’s another thing that’s disturbing about the Buffalo video of the older man who was pushed down.  I can understand why the cops would move past him in order to ensure that the situation with protesters gets controlled.  But if you watch the video, as best I can tell there were only 1-2 protesters that the more than a dozen cops were trying to arrest.

So a dozen or more cops walked past an unresponsive elderly man who was bleeding out of his ear so they could arrest 1-2 peaceful protesters.  The whole thing is just disgusting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I do remember Obama trumpeting the same cooked numbers during his "recovery" and Republicans crying about them not being accurate. 

 

 

That is true.  I’m just saying that I haven’t seen evidence that the calculation of the numbers has actually changed.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

A closer look at where those jobs gains occurred is telling. Over half (1.4 million) were in restaurants. Nearly 20 percent of the job gains came from construction. About 15 percent of the growth came from retail stores, and about 10 percent came from dental offices. Restaurants and retail were heavy beneficiaries of the PPP. On top of that, construction homes and commercial properties was deemed essential in many states, and projects ramped up as the weather improved.

Good to know.

Nice to see but not really worth celebration

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Here’s another thing that’s disturbing about the Buffalo video of the older man who was pushed down.  I can understand why the cops would move past him in order to ensure that the situation with protesters gets controlled.  But if you watch the video, as best I can tell there were only 1-2 protesters that the more than a dozen cops were trying to arrest.

So a dozen or more cops walked past an unresponsive elderly man who was bleeding out of his ear so they could arrest 1-2 peaceful protesters.  The whole thing is just disgusting.

I've been thinking about smaller towns unleashing the full urban response units on peaceful gatherings of 10-20 highschool kids (cause their in fear about what they've been seeing on the news and reading on Facebook) a lot this week.

Is it unfair to give a little blame to the president for setting the tone on that? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jpizzle said:

I don't think I'd go that far with it. It's reason enough for millions of folks to celebrate.

That is fair....I actually had that thought as I was typing it...that is if it was me then I could be celebrating for sure.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Imagine protesting because a coworker was punished for assaulting a 75 year old.  I wish I could get away with that kind of ****.

 

Boner, don't even bother going into your office.  We aren't working today.  We are going on strike.

Cool, I'm in.  Why, though?

Steve in accounting got sent home after he grabbed his assistant's breasts.

Really?  That's ****** up.  Let's go.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jpizzle said:

I don't think I'd go that far with it. It's reason enough for millions of folks to celebrate.

Something else to consider about the jobs report is that, at least my understanding of it, it’s a measure of net job gain/loss.  That means way more than 2.5 million people returned to work.  

I’m making up these numbers, but I think they’re fairly close based on the unemployment application data.  If 10 million people lost their jobs but 12.5 million people went back to work, then the jobs report would be 2.5 million (“new jobs added”).  

So the news is actually a little better in one sense — a lot more than 2.5 million people went back to work.  The bad news is that a lot of people also continued filing unemployment claims.  In normal times, this wouldn’t matter.  But we’re talking tens of millions of people both returning to work and also losing their jobs simultaneously, though again a net job gain on this magnitude is obviously good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

This country is broken. 

This is why anyone who compares the police to the military is a fool. If a military service member had done this, they'd be jailed and tried harshly according to the UCMJ, guaranteed. And no one would have been dumb enough to stand up for them because they'd deserve it. No restraint, no respect for the uniform. Just a bunch of victim complexes.

I still think a lot of the issues are with officers not being able to stand up to each other and that homogenous blue mush counties call "departments." But at some point, it stops being excusable and starts just being a bunch of police officers who don't care who they hurt, not even enough to check up on them while they bleed on the ground.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

This is why anyone who compares the police to the military is a fool. If a military service member had done this, they'd be jailed and tried harshly according to the UCMJ, guaranteed. And no one would have been dumb enough to stand up for them because they'd deserve it. No restraint, no respect for the uniform. Just a bunch of victim complexes.

You’re right.  But they would get a pardon from Trump. ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

And look who the President/Veep are meeting with...

Black conservative activist Candace Owens was included in Vice President Mike Pence's roundtable on race relations Thursday, despite being criticized for calling George Floyd a 'horrible human being.' 

Biden is the only choice in November as much as I absolutely hate it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...