Jump to content

The Joe Biden Presidency Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mr. Hoopah!

    10046

  • AF89

    7025

  • WhenFalconsWin

    4543

  • Aleksandr sportolli

    4139

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.“

1984.

I have to believe this otherwise it calls everything I believe into question.  Even if 1 person threw some water bottle at someone it still doesn’t justify the response.  
 

just awful... down right deplorable.  Pretty sure that 75 yo dude had it coming

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lostone said:

I have to believe this otherwise it calls everything I believe into question.  Even if 1 person threw some water bottle at someone it still doesn’t justify the response.  
 

just awful... down right deplorable.  Pretty sure that 75 yo dude had it coming

As others have said, I don’t have a hard time believing at least one person threw something, in all likelihood after the cops started firing on them, but even if it was before, it was absolutely excessive use of force before the curfew even went into effect.

I’ve tried to look for reports of people throwing things. I can’t find a single report. You’d think every right wing outlet/social media personality would have ran with it, yet to my knowledge only a single person on the planet seems to have seen it on tv, conveniently with no way to verify that here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The journalist who was filming the situation wasn’t throwing anything.  One of the Park Police viciously hit him in the abdomen with the side of his shield and then tried to snatch his camera.  

Edit:  Also, what evidence do you have that they were throwing things?

Can't we just celebrate this great news about the economy bouncing back?

I am not to argue with you anymore about what I saw and what the police said they saw. These are the police who came out and said they were wrong about the tear gas not about them throwing items, remember?

Honestly, I am just happy to see that 2.5 million people were back to work and  supporting their families last month!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The journalist who was filming the situation wasn’t throwing anything.  One of the Park Police viciously hit him in the abdomen with the side of his shield and then tried to snatch his camera.  

Edit:  Also, what evidence do you have that they were throwing things?

There were dozens if not hundreds of cameras here from around the international press. If even one caught so much as an empty water bottle being thrown don't we think the White House would be spotlighting that ****?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

As others have said, I don’t have a hard time believing at least one person threw something, in all likelihood after the cops started firing on them, but even if it was before, it was absolutely excessive use of force before the curfew even went into effect.

I’ve tried to look for reports of people throwing things. I can’t find a single report. You’d think every right wing outlet/social media personality would have ran with it, yet to my knowledge only a single person on the planet seems to have seen it on tv, conveniently with no way to verify that here. 

The media reports are that the cops moved within about a yard of the protesters, and that’s when some water bottles were thrown.  No reports of stuff being thrown until the cops started moving in, but before they put on the gas masks.  Still no word on whether the police gave any warning to the protesters, but we know that there was only about 15 minutes between the time Barr gave the order to clear out and the time the police move in with pepper bullets, smoke, and bashing people’s heads open with their shields.  So probably no advance notice to the protesters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Can't we just celebrate this great news about the economy bouncing back?

I am not to argue with you anymore about what I saw and what the police said they saw. These are the police who came out and said they were wrong about the tear gas not about them throwing items, remember?

Honestly, I am just happy to see that 2.5 million people were back to work and  supporting their families last month!

Right, the Park Police originally lied about what happened, then had to clarify it was pepper bullets, and then “clarified” about the tear gas denial.  Yet you still somehow believe them over journalists and the video itself.  That’s the problem. 

And you realize that while the economic news is unexpectedly good, that unemployment is still much higher than it was during the Great Recession, right?   Tell those tens of millions of people still out of work that things are great.  Don’t think that’s a message they want to hear right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, lostone said:

I have to believe this otherwise it calls everything I believe into question.  Even if 1 person threw some water bottle at someone it still doesn’t justify the response.  
 

just awful... down right deplorable.  Pretty sure that 75 yo dude had it coming

I promise you if Trump could at all be blamed for what happened in Buffalo,  Fox News would be digging into this dudes background and slowing the tape down till body language experts could explain that  in realityit looks as if he were about to strike the police.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, lostone said:

I have to believe this otherwise it calls everything I believe into question.  Even if 1 person threw some water bottle at someone it still doesn’t justify the response.  
 

just awful... down right deplorable.  Pretty sure that 75 yo dude had it coming

On the "Libertarian" pages I sometimes peruse on Facebook, there is comment after comment explaining precisely why the 75 year old man had it coming. 

I'm beginning to think that most "Libertarians" were only concerned about authoritarianism when it was done by a certain dark skinned president with a penchant for tan suits and dijon mustard. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

 

I want more info about these mistakes.  What I’ve seen is standard reporting that does underestimate the true unemployment situation, but has done so for every month and every administration.  I wouldn’t call that an “error”, but it’s very possible this person knows something that I don’t.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

On the "Libertarian" pages I sometimes peruse on Facebook, there is comment after comment explaining precisely why the 75 year old man had it coming. 

I'm beginning to think that most "Libertarians" were only concerned about authoritarianism when it was done by a certain dark skinned president with a penchant for tan suits and dijon mustard. 

They’re probably not concerned about his age because they think age is just a social construct anyways ^_^

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...