The Joe Biden Presidency Thread

1 minute ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I tried to warn you not to sleep on those voters. Young Voters cannot be trusted in an ideological coalition. Let's not forget young people backed Beto against the left wing candidate. 

The Center left lost this round, but they will rise again. 

I didn't sleep on them. I said they weren't the future of the party.

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Aleksandr sportolli

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

1 hour ago, WOR said:

And they're the people with 150 of their neighbors at home depot. 

I hope it's different elsewhere. It's an extreme rarity for me to come across someone who actually "shelters in place". Where I am it's pretty much turned into "Fine I'll only go to 3 stores instead of 7." Or "Ill only party with every single one of my neighbors instead of my friends"

It's not. Walmart and Home Depot are packed...

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

Even though we have a doosh for a  governor here in AZ...We have handled things pretty well atleast down my part of town. The two Frys food near me were pretty impressive in how they were handling things.

They were both pretty well stocked for the moat part and they have distance Nazis( and I use that the best possible way)...if you are in line and you are past the line that they taped then they are regulating that ish.

And for the most part people here seem to the doing what they are told.....we still have those boomers who refuse to believe that it is serious but they are getting fewer and fewer.

Not in Anthem. Idiots all over. Walmart has door guards counting people, but once inside, it's a free for all. I cussed at more than a handful of people for being morons in the last 2 trips. It's mostly boomers too...

4 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Not in Anthem. Idiots all over. Walmart has door guards counting people, but once inside, it's a free for all. I cussed at more than a handful of people for being morons in the last 2 trips. It's mostly boomers too...

Well you guys do have more  of those IDGAF Boomers up there.

The last time we went to home depot by us it was pretty dead but that was a couple weeks ago.

Fry's on 35th and Thunderbird and 43rd and cactus have been great particularly the one on cactus .. I know that isa haul for you but if  you decide  you want to take a trip  to go shopping those are good bets

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Well you guys do have more  of those IDGAF Boomers up there.

The last time we went to home depot by us it was pretty dead but that was a couple weeks ago.

Fry's on 35th and Thunderbird and 43rd and cactus have been great particularly the one on cactus .. I know that isa haul for you but if  you decide  you want to take a trip  to go shopping those are good bets

Yeah, we have the "I'm too middle class to get the roni" turds up here.

I may take a whirl down that way. Haven't been able to get the car out for a bit, so it would be a nice ride for me...

8 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Yeah, we have the "I'm too middle class to get the roni" turds up here.

I may take a whirl down that way. Haven't been able to get the car out for a bit, so it would be a nice ride for me...

The safeway on Bell and 35th also was in good shape the last time I was there ( a couple weeks ago) ...

13 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

A fun game to play with liberals is to ask them to name a few policy positions they like from Biden's platform. Without fail they can't answer that simple question.

Biden hasn't been told by the DNC what his platform is of course. And if they had he wouldn't remember it, that would be for the wizard behind the curtain to decide since Biden would be a pseudo POTUS anyways. The good news is no one will have to worry about that scenario ever ever happening. 

53 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

You claimed no one would be excited by her. She won a tough primary with ease and won a general election in Michigan. Those are impressive things that show voters were excited by her.  

She got about 29% of the voting age population to vote for her and Michigan governor has routinely alternated parties for decades.

Trump is also impressed with her though, so this fits. She will probably be the pick.

1 hour ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

If voting patterns throughout this primary have demonstrated anything it's that the Democratic establishment has the same problem the GOP faces: They rely almost entirely on elderly voters and have little support among younger generations. Just a matter of time before generational demographic shifts take hold.

Bern has been on the radar for 4 years, it didn't take hold and he was popular with the under 30 crowd. Problem is on super Tuesday they said eh. That translated into 1-8 people under 30 going to the voting booth for Bern.

Just now, Carter said:

She got about 29% of the voting age population to vote for her and Michigan governor has routinely alternated parties for decades.

Trump is also impressed with her though, so this fits. She will probably be the pick.

Without comparing it to anything this is pretty meaningless.  How many voting age people voted for Bernie in their primary? Does that mean Bernie isn't exciting because he wasn't able to get 29% of voting age people to vote for him? 

2 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Without comparing it to anything this is pretty meaningless.  How many voting age people voted for Bernie in their primary? Does that mean Bernie isn't exciting because he wasn't able to get 29% of voting age people to vote for him? 

Why do you keep bringing up Bernie’s results or candidates he preferred when the only thing I really said about him in our back n forth here is that he will be blamed when Biden loses

2 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

:barf:

What's your issue with this, the actual people listed? Because I don't think it's a bad idea. We all know Biden's only selling point is that he's a Democrat. He's going to need to promote what his administration will look like to get people on board with him because he hasn't presented any ideas himself. His VP pick and cabinet are going to be his saving grace.

1 minute ago, Carter said:

Why do you keep bringing up Bernie’s results or candidates he preferred when the only thing I really said about him in our back n forth here is that he will be blamed when Biden loses

Bernie is considered an exciting candidate and clearly your preferred candidate. Why should Whitmer be judged on different standards? If 29% of voting age people is subpar, then Bernie should be judged on the same metric. 

Also, Whitmer's election had the highest turnout since 1962 for a gubernatorial election. Sounds like a pretty exciting candidate to the Michiganders.