• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Southern California Liar

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

This is a phenomenal metaphor on so many levels. Cause yeah if we don't come together everyone in the house is probably bout to die and ruin the whole plan but if they want to be such a hostile and pretentious d*cks who feel like they dont have to offee any consessions about it it's going pretty hard to give them any part of the hand but the finger

giphy.gif

28 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

If Biden wins without offering a branch to the left. That would be a death blow to the movement. Party leaders would never take the left seriously again. 

If voting patterns throughout this primary have demonstrated anything it's that the Democratic establishment has the same problem the GOP faces: They rely almost entirely on elderly voters and have little support among younger generations. Just a matter of time before generational demographic shifts take hold.

28 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

If Biden wins, I'd hazard a belief that no fewer than 90% of those voting in his favor are actually voting to remove Trump rather than any belief in Biden to be more than a place holder.

That's basically been the case the entire time. His supporters just think he's the only electable one and that's it. It's why enthusiasm for him is abysmal. They don't actually like him, they just feel obligated.

34 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

If Biden wins without offering a branch to the left. That would be a death blow to the movement. Party leaders would never take the left seriously again. 

that feels pretty risky on their side, but recognizing that this level of hubris probably exists is part of the reason i feel like i can't give biden my vote without serious concessions on his part.

19 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I've already made it clear I think Biden with current policies loses in 2024 to Trumpism 2.0 with Hawley or Cotton as the nom. 

Or Trump. Trump hasn't lowered expectations for Biden. For every major FUBAR that Trump has been forgiven for, there would be loud calls to investigate Biden for slips of the tongue, delays in replying to Congress or undisclosed financial ties among his staff. And it would go on for weeks as if the fate of the world depended on it. Especially since I believe a Biden presidency would result in a much more robust Republican majority in the Senate.

16 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

How is she copying the PM of New Zealand? 

Michigan State is her Alma Mater. I doubt she supports child sexual abuse or had anything to do with it. 

I think being corny is the point of the video. It is meant for children. 

Human names for Dogs is weird. 

Feels like you are reaching to hate her. That is your right but it feels like misplace anger because Bernie got crushed. 

She announced that the Easter bunny and tooth fairy were essential workers 2 days ago. It’s cheesy and unoriginal.

She’s publicly supporting an institution recently found culpable in a child sexual assault case while making a weird video for children. If she’s just wearing it because she went there then she’s more tone deaf than I was giving her credit for.

The corny thing doesn’t really matter, the thought process of making it to begin with is what’s cringey to me.

If Mike Pence had made something like this it would be mocked relentlessly, probably made into memes.

I don’t hate her at all. I honestly don’t even care that much, it just struck me as exceptionally dumb as I was scrolling through and I remembered people have mentioned her as a potential VP pick. It’s the kind of beige, uninteresting, milquetoast, Resist!! pick we should expect. Someone nobody will really be excited about. And then everyone will see them trying to blame Bernie again.

16 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

If voting patterns throughout this primary have demonstrated anything it's that the Democratic establishment has the same problem the GOP faces: They rely almost entirely on elderly voters and have little support among younger generations. Just a matter of time before generational demographic shifts take hold.

You are going to be saying this for 2 more decades before you learn. 

How were Bernie's numbers compared to 2016 with young voters?

2 minutes ago, Carter said:

She announced that the Easter bunny and tooth fairy were essential workers 2 days ago. It’s cheesy and unoriginal.

She’s publicly supporting an institution recently found culpable in a child sexual assault case while making a weird video for children. If she’s just wearing it because she went there then she’s more tone deaf than I was giving her credit for.

The corny thing doesn’t really matter, the thought process of making it to begin with is what’s cringey to me.

If Mike Pence had made something like this it would be mocked relentlessly, probably made into memes.

I don’t hate her at all. I honestly don’t even care that much, it just struck me as exceptionally dumb as I was scrolling through and I remembered people have mentioned her as a potential VP pick. It’s the kind of beige, uninteresting, milquetoast, Resist!! pick we should expect. Someone nobody will really be excited about. And then everyone will see them trying to blame Bernie again.

She beat a Bernie backed candidate, then Bernie endorsed her for Governor, so she excited quite a few people to be able to do that.

Just now, GEORGIAfan said:

You are going to be saying this for 2 more decades before you learn. 

How were Bernie's numbers compared to 2016 with young voters?

IIRC, somewhere around 60% of 18-29 broke for just Sanders and around 45% with 30-45. I don't recall where exactly Warren was in those age groups but she was in second place there, which appears to suggest that those voters would prefer a Sanders/Warren aligned party. The problem for both, and to answer your first point, was that those groups both got swamped by a significant spike in elderly suburban voters. However, I don't think that spike is a permanent fixture since that just appears to be driven by anti-Trump sentiment and overwhelming desire to beat Trump, which I explained before. Remove that and they'll probably be too content to drive the primary election again.

6 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

IIRC, somewhere around 60% of 18-29 broke for just Sanders and around 45% with 30-45. I don't recall where exactly Warren was in those age groups but she was in second place there, which appears to suggest that those voters would prefer a Sanders/Warren aligned party. The problem for both, and to answer your first point, was that those groups both got swamped by a significant spike in elderly suburban voters. However, I don't think that spike is a permanent fixture since that just appears to be driven by anti-Trump sentiment and overwhelming desire to beat Trump, which I explained before. Remove that and they'll probably be too content to drive the primary election again.

I tried to warn you not to sleep on those voters. Young Voters cannot be trusted in an ideological coalition. Let's not forget young people backed Beto against the left wing candidate. 

The Center left lost this round, but they will rise again. 

5 minutes ago, Carter said:

Ok?

You claimed no one would be excited by her. She won a tough primary with ease and won a general election in Michigan. Those are impressive things that show voters were excited by her.