The Joe Biden Presidency Thread

3 minutes ago, Sn4tteRBoxXeR said:

Hey I just saw Bladerunner for the first time, streaming, and it wasn't all that great. It was good but not profound. The story was too simple.

Blade Runner sucked when it came out because it was marketed as a Star Warsy action fantasy. Left the theater mad that I wasted my money. A year later, I watched it on HBO and realized it was a detective drama steeped heavily in philosophy and with different perspective, it became one of my favorite movies. If you're into paying attention to philosophy and subtext in movies, Blade Runner runs only behind Unforgiven when it comes to unexpectedly deep stories. But it's certainly not for everybody.

I also enjoyed Blade Runner:2049 but it was mostly because Ana De Armas is so slobber worthy.

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Aleksandr sportolli

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mdrake34 said:

Probably best not to post stuff like this since we have a BBQ Becky lurking. 

Yah, it's one thing to think it and another to post. I probably shouldn't have posted it anyway so close to Easter Sunday. Think I'll apply the old workplace rule of reading something three times before hitting "send" to make sure emotion doesn't trump message.

Relativistic Designs | Derp - Meme shirt - Womens T-Shirt

Our federal response is a ******* joke.  We should be using DPA to turn every nonessential factory into PPE/ventilator factory. Asking textile factories to pump out cloth masks for essential workers and hospital workers who do not have access to surgical/N95 masks in a pinch, then to folks at large until surgical mask production can be ramped up.