The Joe Biden Presidency Thread

1 hour ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I like some more than others, but most people's initial visceral reaction to change is usually negative. One day when I'm long dead and the Falcons stil haven't won a superbowl, these unis will be looked back on fondly as "classic throwbacks".

Just the way it works. 

Yep.  I generally don't really care what the uni's look like: Red, Black, White, Silver, it just doesn't matter.  Falcons will continue to build up our hopes, only to crush them again and again.  It's what they do.

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Southern California Liar

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

Just now, GEORGIAfan said:

I think Inslee makes a lot of sense. I think you want someone with governing experience, since Biden is wasting away with his dementia. 

I'd be surprised if they didn't go with Whitmer. A prominent Midwestern woman politician in a state they lost in 2016, plus now she has the narrative of Trump bullying her or whatever, and, most importantly, doesn't really move the needle left. Seems to check all the boxes they'd be looking for.

6 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

The correct thing for public safety would have been to delay the elections to give enough time to send out mail in ballots. This CAP talking point will never stop being lazy.

If states haven't adopted zero excuse absentee mail in ballots, do you really think they are going to be able to change the laws to get it done before the conventions? 

We have zero idea how long this is going to last. We have no clue if we will get hit with a second wave after we lighten restrictions. 

Bernie lost after Super Tuesday. We both know it. There was zero reason for him to stay in. He was going to do worse than in 2016. 

Mail-in ballots should be standard, but even if we started now, those probably won't be available until the November elections. Plus Republicans won't even support things that make voting easier. SCOTUS ruled against extending the absentee ballot deadline in WI. 

3 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

If states haven't adopted zero excuse absentee mail in ballots, do you really think they are going to be able to change the laws to get it done before the conventions? 

We have zero idea how long this is going to last. We have no clue if we will get hit with a second wave after we lighten restrictions. 

Bernie lost after Super Tuesday. We both know it. There was zero reason for him to stay in. He was going to do worse than in 2016. 

Mail-in ballots should be standard, but even if we started now, those probably won't be available until the November elections. Plus Republicans won't even support things that make voting easier. SCOTUS ruled against extending the absentee ballot deadline in WI. 

You're basically arguing to cancel all in person elections indefinitely yet still blaming Sanders for it which, again, goes to show how lazy the talking point is.

2 minutes ago, lostone said:

sounds swampy and sounds like the patriot act 2.0.  trumpetts love it!

This happened last week...

How the cell phones of spring breakers who flouted coronavirus warnings were tracked

(CNN)The Trump administration wants to use Americans' smartphone location data to help track and combat the spread of coronavirus. Now, a pair of US data companies are making a public pitch to show just how that kind of technology might work.

X-Mode and Tectonix focused on a high-profile case: tracking location data from the phones of people who visited the beach in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, in March -- among them spring breakers who made national news two weeks ago when they ignored warnings to practice social distancing despite the worsening coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/04/tech/location-tracking-florida-coronavirus/index.html

9 minutes ago, Psychic Gibbon said:

You're basically arguing to cancel all in person elections indefinitely yet still blaming Sanders for it which, again, goes to show how lazy the talking point is.

Never blamed him. 

My focus is on securing November then state/local primaries(which can happen as late as august for many states). Presidential primaries don't factor in. Biden is going to be the Dem nom and Trump the R nom. 

If Bernie and Biden switched places delegate wise, would you think it is a good idea for biden to stay in even though he was effectively eliminated from winning? Or would you argue that he should drop out?