The Joe Biden Presidency Thread

Mr. Hoopah!

14 minutes ago, lostone said:

I still contest @Corn Popthat the only way to get real change in this country is for things to affect white people.  Look at how there are calls to end the war on drugs once the heroin epidemic picked up.  

So you think if things get worse, white people will complain, and then things will get better?

When the federal government is granted power to make people’s lives worse it doesn’t usually cede that power.

Also @lostone those tweets I posted are highlighting how unequally government power is applied to black and brown protesters and leftist activists.

If they make things bad enough to affect white people then that means nonwhite people will be feeling it much worse.

7 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

So you think if things get worse, white people will complain, and then things will get better?

When the federal government is granted power to make people’s lives worse it doesn’t usually cede that power.

I don’t want more laws at all when it comes to this.  What I’m saying is that usually laws get altered for everyone when white people start really getting impacted by the rules set forth for brown people.  Lord knows we don’t need another “war on” thing

Just now, lostone said:

I don’t want more laws at all when it comes to this.  What I’m saying is that usually laws get altered for everyone when white people start really getting impacted by the rules set forth for brown people.  Lord knows we don’t need another “war on” thing

Other than Oregon, I haven’t heard about any place trying to legalize heroin.

And almost no white people objected to expansion of law enforcement, intelligence agency, and surveillance agency powers along with the curtailing of civil liberties back in the 2000s.

Just now, Corn Pop said:

Other than Oregon, I haven’t heard about any place trying to legalize heroin.

And almost no white people objected to expansion of law enforcement, intelligence agency, and surveillance agency powers along with the curtailing of civil liberties back in the 2000s.

Because they didn’t think it would impact them.  People are cooling on the war on drugs and the majority of the public wants it to end.  People are also cooling on patriot act crap... well maybe not so much now.  Sigh

Just now, lostone said:

Because they didn’t think it would impact them.  People are cooling on the war on drugs and the majority of the public wants it to end.  People are also cooling on patriot act crap... well maybe not so much now.  Sigh

These are the people who it will impact:

Just now, Corn Pop said:

These are the people who it will impact:

I am not asking for expansion at all @Corn Pop.  I know who these laws impact.  All I’m saying is, white right folks are getting a taste of laws that they thought only applied to black and brown people.  This will cause them to rethink (maybe) on what really accounts for being punished.

I want no new laws on the matter

i want less laws and a less militarized police force.