• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Jdrizzle

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Heartless *******   

Posted Images

Just now, Corn Pop said:

I can understand why centrists aren’t concerned about how terrorism laws, censorship, and deplatforming will effect leftists.

It’s more to the point that this administration has an absolute blood lust to punish, marginalize, and kill people that leftists would seek to protect. 

If there was any similar story about something like this and Twitter and somebody came out and said "None of the people doing the bad things were active Twitter users" and you then ask how do you know that and they answered with "Twitter told me"........

I mean we'd be mocking the **** out of that person.

54 minutes ago, Domed Outter said:

Okay, let's see what happens next week, first. 

There's going to be a whole load of people in politics (including plenty of "republicans" I must add) being put before the courts,  and charged with the most serious of offences.

When's inauguration day again?

Oh!!!! We got a Q guy! We got one!

15 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

Nah, I question his sources on that story.

"Indeed, a Parler executive told me that of the thirteen people arrested as of Monday for the breach at the Capitol, none appear to be active users of Parler."

Glenn’s misstatement overshadowed his underlying point about Silicon Valley hypocrisy and power and how it’s easy to go after Parler when Facebook is the bigger problem.

I think Facebook is a monopoly that should be broken up but we have a president-elect who is appointing Facebook lawyers to his cabinet so I don’t have a lot of optimism.

From a reddit post that I just had to share:

"imagine spending the better part of the last 5 years having your brain and ego melted by uninterrupted /pol/ exposure, flying to washington in the middle of a pandemic to hear trump whine about oprah and mike pence at a rally, marching up to congress on his orders to smash **** and then mill around aimlessly

you go home and hear that biden won anyway and all of your favorite twitter news sources named like Patriot Newsman Of the West with avatars of roman statues have posted your photo online and are labeling you a "gay communist antifa actor." then the next day the god emperor you pasted into warhammer memes puts out a video cucking himself and bending the knee. "i'm sorry, those were heinous acts! p-please let me tweet again jack!!" you can't leave dc because the airlines have dubbed you a flight risk. you can't stay because the cops are actively looking for you after one of their own died. your roommate at the only hotel that would accept you is a guy named based_kekistani1488 who wants to show you his goblin slayer torrents. the sun is going down and you're getting cold."

🤣

8 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

Glenn’s misstatement overshadowed his underlying point about Silicon Valley hypocrisy and power and how it’s easy to go after Parler when Facebook is the bigger problem.

I think Facebook is a monopoly that should be broken up but we have a president-elect who is appointing Facebook lawyers to his cabinet so I don’t have a lot of optimism.

I don't disagree with any of this except for saying all Glenn did was make a misstatement. Relying only on statements from the executive from Parler and running with it in the way he did is just bad reporting.

But the rest of his points do still stand and I agree with his general point.

I think going around the internet and trying to play whack a mole with wherever the right-wing fringe finds a place to congregate is a losing proposition.

I think the time would be better spent addressing the societal conditions that make these fringe groups seem appealing to growing numbers of people. Like to me Qanon is a symptom, not the disease.

I can’t remember if it was here or somewhere else, but last year I remember reading an article or study about how Q appeals to people who can’t make sense of the modern world. They’ve been fed lies about American exceptionalism and the American dream their whole life, such that when they see a society heading in a clear downward trajectory like our’s has been for the last 40 years, it doesn’t occur to them to do stuff like question our economic system and instead they reach for conspiracy theories to try to explain a country where we’re birthing generations who have a lower standard of living than their parents and the life expectancy of non college educated white males is in decline.

@The Monarch I was looking for stats on what percentage of local, state, and federal law enforcement supported Trump and I found this:

190d ago / 11:03 AM EDT

New poll finds majority of Americans disagree with Trump on meaning of 'defund the police'

WASHINGTON — As President Trump is launching new ads attacking calls to "defund the police" and stoking racial and cultural division on Twitter, a new poll shows that an overwhelming majority of Americans don't agree with the way the president is framing the police-reform movement. 

The new survey from Monmouth University found that 77 percent of American adults say that "defund the police" means to "change the way the police departments operate," not to eliminate them. That view is  shared by 73 percent of white, non-college educated Americans and two-thirds of Republicans, Trump's core voters. 

Just 18 percent of Americans say the movement wants to "get rid of police departments," a view shared by only 28 percent of Republicans and 18 percent of independents. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/blog/meet-press-blog-latest-news-analysis-data-driving-political-discussion-n988541/ncrd1233158#blogHeader