• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Aleksandr sportolli

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Sure, lets address.

You have gotten to a point where context no longer matters. Bernie, the Squad, etc are all in the business of trying to push everyone left. That's their self-described purpose. Push everyone left. And for the most part, they've done that. Should they do more? Sure. Their work isn't done. Just today, Bernie was tweeting about Ending Cit United, abolishing PACs, and publicly funding elections. Do I expect those things to pass right away? No, that's ridiculous. But, It does open the discussion. Which is the intended purpose.

So you hold Schumer to a higher standard than Bernie.  Got it.  You demand that Schumer pass legislation or else it’s “all talk”.  But Bernie and others get a pass because “of course it can’t pass”.  Double standard.

You also brought up the fact that Bernie guys said that Bernie was "the only one who could beat trump". But, there's context involved. At that time, Biden was flailing, and only a concerted effort by the DNC to get everyone but Warren to drop saved him. Trump had also signed the EO suspending Student loans. Had all things remained static, and without Trump absolutely shooting his own campaign in the head, we're prepping for Trump's second term. The statements were made due to the info people had at the time. Just like SB51, if you asked me at halftime who was winning the game, I had an answer. That answer ended up being wrong due to future events.

It wasn’t just the claim that only Bernie can beat Trump...though obviously that narrative was false.  It was the narrative about how Bernie would do that — inspire young voters, expand the electorate to include non-voters, appeal to working class voters, etc.  We see in hindsight just how much worse Bernie could have done among select Democratic demographics, especially in south Florida among the Cuban population.  But literally none of the ways Bernie was supposed to win came to fruition.  Young people and traditional non-primary voters didn’t turn out.  

Nor was “Bernie is the only one who can win” the only horse**** narrative that I’ve been railing against.  The whole “Biden is going to 28-3 this thing” repeated ad nauseam, along with the constant *****ing and moaning about every single thing Biden did on or off the campaign trail.  “Oh, he’s locked in his basement and his aides are keeping him from the press!”  “Everytime he steps in front of the camera he faceplants!”  “He needs to be out more!”  “He needs to stay away from the cameras more!”  “He said this and that’s going to cost votes!”  Literally every gotdam thing Biden did some jackhole on these boards was criticizing it and explaining how Biden was going to lose the election.  

And it all ended up being complete horse****.  

You harp on the twitter narrative that Biden has dementia. Last I checked, he's 78 years old. He's had issues speaking. He wanders during discussion. Some of that is his personality, some is his stutter, some is probably his age. Bernie is 79, yet he doesn't have those same issues. Still speaks fine, sometimes like a really old dude (i.e. "the twitter"). There's a reason that narrative exists.

I’ve explain this many times, but here it goes again.  The claims were not that Biden has some mental decline that is normal for people his age.  Certain people posted literally hundreds of edited videos of Biden stumbling to paint a picture of him as a drooling invalid incapable of putting two sentences together.  And it wasn’t just the two specific people posting that crap.  Other posts over the spring and summer got duped by that narrative.  The DEMENTIA!!! narrative is so obviously bull**** in hindsight that I’m surprised anybody actually tries to defend it.

Look, I don't care to argue about what other people post. Fortunately, there's an ignore feature. Whatever issues you have with BO and other posters is your deal. I don't give 2 ***** if I'm being honest. But this constant harping while arguably doing the same **** is nauseating. I'm going to venture to guess that when Perdue and Loeffler got on the $2k train, you didn't actually think it was going to go anywhere. You didn't actually think they were going to go fight for $2k.

Hey, I criticized it at the time and people on the boards complained that I was constantly fact checking their horse****.  If I have to see that **** for MONTHS on end, then people can deal with some “I told you so” for a little while.  If you think my harping on it is “nauseating”, then now you know how I felt watching a few people literally spam the boards with dozens of edited videos promoting the same horse**** narrative every single day of the week...again, for MONTHS.  So I don’t give two f***’s what anybody thinks of these “I told you so” posts.  Don’t like it?  Then stop falling for the horse**** narratives all the time and maybe speak out on occasion against the bad faith posters who have been spamming the boards with that crap.  Seems like you’re more upset with me pointing out how all of that spam was false than you were with the horse**** spam in the first place.

And with Schumer, people look at the information provided, and they're going to be dismissive of his intents. We already had Manchin come out and say that he wasn't in favor of sending checks to anyone who "already got a check". So, when it actually passes, Schumer will get his due. But until then, people have the right to remain skeptical. No amount of Board Policing is going to change that. Just let it go. Ain't worth it.

The “information provided” happens to be the same bad faith twitter horse**** as the DEMENTIA! narrative, often pushed by the exact same people.  The only reason people are “skeptical” is because of the false narratives about “centrists” and “****Dems” that (AGAIN) the same bad faith posters have been spamming for months.  And that’s the point, isn’t it?  Why would people be surprised that Schumer pushes for larger stimulus spending?  He’s been pushing for large stimulus bills for literally over a decade.  

The reason people are surprised is because they have bought into all of these horse**** narratives.  Which is why I keep pointing out each time one of them gets proven false.  The hope is that at some point people on the boards will stop getting suckered and duped by the horse**** narratives and (finally) stop buying into whenever certain posters start spreading them.  Until then, perhaps I should just respond to people who complain about my posts the same way others responded to my complaints about the twitter spam all last year...stop being the board police and trying to dictate what people post.  At least, that’s why people told me to do all spring and summer.

And by the way, as for the argument that Biden would have lost had it not been for covid and the other things that happened last year...the same argument goes for Bernie.  

As I’ve been saying for literally over a decade on these boards (and everywhere else), the structural factors like the economy and presidential approval are a much bigger explanation for election outcomes than candidates and campaign events.  Both Bernie and Biden would have lost had Trump handled covid in a competent manner and gotten the economy back on track.  And given how Trump did handle it, most Democrats would have beaten Trump this year.  

24 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

If the Jets stick with Darnold and take Ja’Marr Chase/Devonta Smith, or if the Jets take Zach Wilson, and the Dolphins take Penei Sewell, then I’d take Justin Fields.

It’s probably 50/50 whether Fields ever comes close to reaching his potential but it’s worth the risk imo. I’d rather not take Wilson.

If Fields is gone and there was some great DE or CB available at 4 I’d be fine with that but there aren’t any of those in this draft.

McShay thinks Joe Douglas is going to stick with Darnold, and then they would be in a prime position to trade back. He speculated the Falcons would want to trade from 4 to 2 to take Fields =/

10 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

If the Jets stick with Darnold and take Ja’Marr Chase/Devonta Smith, or if the Jets take Zach Wilson, and the Dolphins take Penei Sewell, then I’d take Justin Fields.

It’s probably 50/50 whether Fields ever comes close to reaching his potential but it’s worth the risk imo. I’d rather not take Wilson.

If Fields is gone and there was some great DE or CB available at 4 I’d be fine with that but there aren’t any of those in this draft.

Yeah I would not trade up at all. If he’s there at 4 it’s a no brainer imo. If not, then BPA. I’m sure we will see some guys jump out to solidify top 5 draft stock. I still think the best thing we can do is just hold our picks unless someone comes offering a great deal and/or we can package Julio or something. Love Julio but we have to unload some assets, our cap space is unmanageable without some major moves. As of right now I think we will be cutting it close just to hold our picks and sign those guys to rookie contracts. But I’m not an expert on that so I guess we’ll see.

Zach Wilson is the Daniel Jones of this draft. Not as a straight up comparison, more as unwarranted hype. I wouldn’t **** him with your ****. 😬

Just now, Carter said:

Yeah I would not trade up at all. If he’s there at 4 it’s a no brainer imo. If not, then BPA. I’m sure we will see some guys jump out to solidify top 5 draft stock. I still think the best thing we can do is just hold our picks unless someone comes offering a great deal and/or we can package Julio or something. Love Julio but we have to unload some assets, our cap space is unmanageable without some major moves. As of right now I think we will be cutting it close just to hold our picks and sign those guys to rookie contracts. But I’m not an expert on that so I guess we’ll see.

Zach Wilson is the Daniel Jones of this draft. Not as a straight up comparison, more as unwarranted hype. I wouldn’t **** him with your ****. 😬

We can't move Matt with his cap hit, I want to trade Julio for a haul, maybe even trade back after that for even more. We're gonna have to cut a bunch of vets to get under the cap, we're going to be hurting for depth, especially on D.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

McShay thinks Joe Douglas is going to stick with Darnold, and then they would be in a prime position to trade back. He speculated the Falcons would want to trade from 4 to 2 to take Fields =/

Gonna take the tackle to extend Marty’s career

11 minutes ago, NightPain said:

Gonna take the tackle to extend Marty’s career

8 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

If Fields is already gone when we’re up at 4 then I’ll hope that some other team really wants Wilson and we can trade back with them. I don’t see any defensive players worth the 4th overall pick.

5 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

If Fields is already gone then the BPA is gonna be Ja’Marr Chase, Devonta Smith, or Kyle Pitts.

1 minute ago, Corn Pop said:

If Fields is already gone then the BPA is gonna be Ja’Marr Chase, Devonta Smith, or Kyle Pitts.

Pitts is incredible but he's already got concussion issues.  Ja'Marr Chase isn't that big, I'd go Smith there and trade Julio to a contender to give him the ring we never could.

2 minutes ago, Corn Pop said:

I don’t want Mac Jones or Kyle Trask in the second round either. I don’t wanna replace one unathletic white QB with another.

Not unlike Sark, Mac Jones is going to look a lot different without 10 other 5 stars around him.  Trask will be the better pro, but he'll be a career backup probably. Mac will be a commentator for SEC network within 4 years.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Pitts is incredible but he's already got concussion issues.  Ja'Marr Chase isn't that big, I'd go Smith there and trade Julio to a contender to give him the ring we never could.

Chase is 30 pounds heavier than Smith. 

1 minute ago, Corn Pop said:

Chase is 30 pounds heavier than Smith. 

Definitely more solid, but he's only listed at 6'0".  I know he was allsome last year with Burrow, I didn't really watch LSU play this year and know they had like three different QB's.

1 minute ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Definitely more solid, but he's only listed at 6'0".  I know he was allsome last year with Burrow, I didn't really watch LSU play this year and know they had like three different QB's.

Chase opted out before the season.

I’ve been trying to think of an all pro level receiver as svelte as Smith and I can’t come up with anyone. I just don’t know how well his game will transfer over to the pros.