The Joe Biden Presidency Thread

Mr. Hoopah!

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Yeah, I don’t want to hear any of this both sidesism “sure what Trump did was wrong but Dems are wrong with impeachment” horse**** either.  

Trump instigated an armed, deadly insurrection against Congress and the Vice President that could easily have been much, much worse.  Just imagine if the Qanon people who went in there to take hostages had gotten to the Speaker and/or Vice President or other members of Congress.  We’d have an armed standoff with high level government officials as hostages.  

“Oh, but Dems shouldn’t try to remove him because that would be divisive and an overreach.” 

F*** Trump.  F*** the Republicans who have been complicit in this.  And f*** any person who after watching what Trump and the GOP instigated want to continue soft-peddling, downplaying, or otherwise minimizing the danger that they all represent.

These folks DO NOT respond to anything but hard and tough action. 

Allowing this to pass would be taken for weakness and as a win.

2 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I would like to say they will be ready, but you could see the same thing coming Wednesday! 

So I don’t know and have no faith that they will anymore.

I have a little more confidence only because of just how much negative international press they got this week.  But I have zero confidence that social media or the GOP are going to stop the seditionist bulls*** from spreading and becoming more dangerous in the coming months/years.  I’m afraid we’re going to be right back here again, or even worse, after some period of time.

And meanwhile, I see people who should know better on Facebook and other social media acting like this is just some normal political debate where both sides have valid points to make.  This s*** needs to end.  Unfortunately, too many people lack the intellectual honesty and/or moral courage to stand up and speak out against their own side.

1 minute ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

These folks DO NOT respond to anything but hard and tough action. 

Allowing this to pass would be taken for weakness and as a win.

Absolutely.  They need to throw the book at the people involved and make an example out of them all, including anyone involved in inciting it and/or planning it.  And start calling every single Republican official who participated in the authoritarian power grab as what they are — seditionists and anti-American.  

8 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I would like to say they will be ready, but you could see the same thing coming Wednesday! 

So I don’t know and have no faith that they will anymore.

I don't think they want to be embarrassed twice in one month , but I could be wrong.

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I have a little more confidence only because of just how much negative international press they got this week.  But I have zero confidence that social media or the GOP are going to stop the seditionist bulls*** from spreading and becoming more dangerous in the coming months/years.  I’m afraid we’re going to be right back here again, or even worse, after some period of time.

And meanwhile, I see people who should know better on Facebook and other social media acting like this is just some normal political debate where both sides have valid points to make.  This s*** needs to end.  Unfortunately, too many people lack the intellectual honesty and/or moral courage to stand up and speak out against their own side.

The only good thing I see coming out of Wednesday, is that there IS a segment of the right that did realize that was too far and is splintering off and is creating two separate groups within their own party.

3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Absolutely.  They need to throw the book at the people involved and make an example out of them all, including anyone involved in inciting it and/or planning it.  And start calling every single Republican official who participated in the authoritarian power grab as what they are — seditionists and anti-American.  

I just hope there is a enough people in law enforcement that put country above agenda.

1 minute ago, thofin21 said:

I don't think they want to be embarrassed twice in one month , but I could be wrong.

:shrug:

And me feeling that way is the problem!

13 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

The only good thing I see coming out of Wednesday, is that there IS a segment of the right that did realize that was too far and is splintering off and is creating two separate groups within their own party.

One of the more amusing things — to the extent that any of this can be amusing — that I’ve seen over the past few days is Trump supporters blasting him for his video.  That one “particular relative” that I sometimes refer to, for example, loudly announced after that video that he would never vote for a Republican again.  This is the guy who’s been spreading all kinds of conspiracies and has been pro-Trump the whole way.  So Trump is losing support from both sides — many Republicans are leaving him because he (FINALLY) went too far for them and many others are leaving him because he “surrendered”.  

That said, I also see a lot of people who otherwise would never condone the violence doing the same soft-peddling and downplaying and “both sides” nonsense they’ve been doing for years regarding Trump.  As you said, they’re splintering off within the GOP.  But partisanship can lead people to rationalize stuff like this.  

It’s all just so disgusting and disturbing.  And I’m quickly losing patience with the whole thing.

I appreciate Beinemy holding people accountable....we have missed that since Smitty.

Smitty used to make guys who committed penalties and turnovers stand in front of the team and explain why.

I just worry about the demanding"take no ish" attitude. That is cool and all but that can start to wear thin after a while.... especially if you do not win.

Mike Singletary was like that, Bobby Petrino was like that. Caughlin was like that and **** near lost his team...it was only after him changing his style did the Giants win.

EB seems to relate to players in a better fashion then Petrino so that is good but there is still concern.

I do not envy those responsible for security for the inauguration.

After the events at the capitol resulted in multiple deaths, hospitalizations, destruction, looting, total force failure and embarrassment. I would think force posture would be extremely tight. One of the pillars of policing in aggressive situations is to respond with overwhelming force.

But part of me also wonders how many of the police and national guard might be sympathetic enablers. Most are not, I would guess. The problem is it only takes a few being in on it to completely compromise things.

Things can get so much worse. I remember we used to talk in Iraq like imagine if half of this **** happened on our soil back home. People have no idea. So many people have no idea what terrible things zealots are capable of.

5 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

One would think that all Americans could unite against an authoritarian power grab that resulted in an armed insurrection at the nation’s capitol.

But apparently some people see Trump inciting an armed insurrection, then see Democrats saying “he’s too dangerous to remain in office”, and come to the conclusion that both sides have gone too far.

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I appreciate Beinemy holding people accountable....we have missed that since Smitty.

Smitty used to make guys who committed penalties and turnovers stand in front of the team and explain why.

I just worry about the demanding"take no ish" attitude. That is cool and all but that can start to wear thin after a while.... especially if you do not win.

Mike Singletary was like that, Bobby Petrino was like that. Caughlin was like that and **** near lost his team...it was only after him changing his style did the Giants win.

EB seems to relate to players in a better fashion then Petrino so that is good but there is still concern.

He!! a ham sandwich can relate better than Petrino! 

That’s like saying Chump can read accurately from a teleprompter! :lol:

5 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

One would think that all Americans could unite against an authoritarian power grab that resulted in an armed insurrection at the nation’s capitol.

But apparently some people see Trump inciting an armed insurrection, then see Democrats saying “he’s too dangerous to remain in office”, and come to the conclusion that both sides have gone too far.

He LITERALLY just tried to KILL YOU!

That would be my breaking point I don’t care how far right I was! F that fat orange F’er!!!