The Joe Biden Presidency Thread

Mr. Hoopah!

1 minute ago, Jdrizzle said:

This is seriously my "You can't suspend me for saying that! What about my 1st amendment rights! You're a Nazi mod" experiences being played out on a national level and I'm so here for it.

Now you know how I felt when Trump fired Comey!  “Hey!  That’s MY world!!!!

Platforms are rapidly removing Donald Trump’s account or accounts affiliated with pro-Trump violence and conspiracies, like QAnon and #StoptheSteal.

Here is a running list:

REDDIT: 

CONTEXT: While not an official group or page hosted by the president, it's one of the company's largest political communities dedicated to support for President Trump.

TWITCH:

CONTEXT: Twitch was one of the first platforms in June to temporarily ban Trump's channel for hateful content around the Black Lives Matter protests over the summer.

SHOPIFY: 

CONTEXT: Shopify had until Friday gone the farthest in actually de-platforming Trump, as his stores were permanently removed, not temporarily disabled. 

TWITTER:

CONTEXT: It's Twitter's strongest-ever action against the president's account and comes in response to the "risk of further incitement of violence," per the social media company.

GOOGLE:

CONTEXT: Google’s move immediately suspends Parler, going further than Apple's earlier decision to remove the app unless it submits a content moderation plan.

YOUTUBE:

CONTEXT: YouTube is typically slow to take action on bad content and accounts. Its response, while swift, was somewhat benign compared to competitors removing or disabling Trump's account. YouTube did remove the video Trump posted Wednesday that addressed the Capitol violence without fully condemning it.

FACEBOOK:

CONTEXT: On Wednesday, Facebook did remove the video Trump posted Wednesday addressing the violence without fully condemning it before taking greater action against Trump on Thursday.

INSTAGRAM: 

CONTEXT: On Wednesday, Instagram's parent Facebook did remove the video Trump posted addressing the violence without fully condemning it before taking greater action against Trump on Thursday.

SNAPCHAT:

CONTEXT: Snapchat was one of the first major social platforms to take serious action on Trump's account for threats to democracy in June when the company said it stopped promoting his account in its "Discover" section, which features professional content and other prominent people.

TIKTOK:

CONTEXT: Other hashtags like #stopthesteal and #QAnon have been redirected since last year. 

APPLE:

CONTEXT: Apple is flexing its power to try to get Parler to moderate its content.

DISCORD:

CONTEXT: The Discord account was connected to the pro-Trump social network TheDonald.Win and the r/theDonald subreddit that was banned Friday.

PINTEREST:

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

In a statement issued by the White House, Trump said he’d been “negotiating with various other sites” while “we also look at the possibilities of building out our own platform in the near future.” But aides did not reveal what plans were in the works. When Trump’s eldest son, Don Jr. offered up a URL to those hoping to keep tabs of his father’s whereabouts, it was a site that had been purchased in 2009 and, in recent years, a place where his books were sold. For those who did sign up, an email was sent, plugging his latest work: “Liberal Privilege”.

Just now, Leon Troutsky said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

In a statement issued by the White House, Trump said he’d been “negotiating with various other sites” while “we also look at the possibilities of building out our own platform in the near future.” But aides did not reveal what plans were in the works. When Trump’s eldest son, Don Jr. offered up a URL to those hoping to keep tabs of his father’s whereabouts, it was a site that had been purchased in 2009 and, in recent years, a place where his books were sold. For those who did sign up, an email was sent, plugging his latest work: “Liberal Privilege”.

Is spreading false information really that important. Sheesh he’s going out sad

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Is spreading false information really that important. Sheesh he’s going out sad

He can't continue the grift if he can't communicate with the rubes. 

Edited by RandomFan

55 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Seriously, what did people do before Twitter?

Did I miss the latest amendment to the constitution where they made social media access an inalienable right?

The problem is that it's true. Social media has way too much power and monopoly on society. It's about concentration of power instead of distribution.

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

This is probably why he hasn’t been given the chance people think he deserves. I remember one former athlete saying there’s something he’s doing in these interviews that’s preventing him from getting a HC job

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

He has a history of not interviewing well.

At what point do you see the product on the field and take a chance?

50 minutes ago, Carter said:

My dry herb vaporizer came in. Thanks Mitch!

What you get?