The Joe Biden Presidency Thread

Mr. Hoopah!

13 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

And I do absolutely agree with you that white supremacy is founded on white terrorism.  Except for Chappelle's gay KKK, he was very polite to his black neighbors.

The seed is planted at home at an early age by racist parents too.

3 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I know the chief had already resigned, but how do you just not gut the department after this? There's obviously a culture problem.

Given the extensive and shocking history of police failures and abuses, that's something that should be done to basically every police department, but people lionize and fetishize police and so it will never happen it seems.

Just now, The Monarch said:

Given the extensive and shocking history of police failures and abuses, that's something that should be done to basically every police department, but people lionize and fetishize police and so it will never happen it seems.

This instance may have a chance to be different just because congress has direct control of the Capitol Police and I'm sure it's not comforting for them to know that a large number of those charged to protect them are willfully helping those that wish to do them harm. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

@Corn Pop @The Monarch honestly it's already too late

It was happening before this:

Biden Says Rioters Who Stormed Capitol Were Domestic Terrorists

Mr. Biden has said he plans to make a priority of passing a law against domestic terrorism, and he has been urged to create a White House post overseeing the fight against ideologically inspired violent extremists and increasing funding to combat them.

That quote links to an article from November discussing this. Such laws will not just be used against actually white supremacist terrorism in this country, and it's kind of terrifying.

10 minutes ago, Sponge said:

"two men in bed"

Thanks for the reminder to clear my search history. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Either they just started dating, or the twink has a lower body core temperature than normal.

Pro tip: don't ever do an image OR twitter (you'd be shocked at what you will see there) for "twink"

Unless you're into that stuff, NTTAWWT.

2 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

This instance may have a chance to be different just because congress has direct control of the Capitol Police and I'm sure it's not comforting for them to know that a large number of those charged to protect them are willfully helping those that wish to do them harm. 

I'll believe it when I see it I guess, because the same spheres of influence are at play (politically tied in unions, public perception of police, etc.). I'm expecting a couple sacrificial lambs at best, then more money for more cops and more training for these situations

1 hour ago, Jdrizzle said:

Thanks for this.  I’m *really* glad the police didn’t open the barriers for them.  That’s one of the more disturbing things that was floating around.  I’d still like an answer to the video showing that seemed to show a cop waiving the protesters through the gates in another location, like she was directing traffic.