The Joe Biden Presidency Thread

This is the superior part of Thanksgiving. Everyone has gone home, no more terrible noon dinner time dj'd by Fox News in the background, you can pile as much as you want on your plate now at a more proper feasting hour with no one to give you dirty looks for grabbing the drumstick or having a beer instead of tea

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Jdrizzle

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, AF89 said:

This is the superior part of Thanksgiving. Everyone has gone home, no more terrible noon dinner time dj'd by Fox News in the background, you can pile as much as you want on your plate now at a more proper feasting hour with no one to give you dirty looks for grabbing the drumstick or having a beer instead of tea

7 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Thanksgiving night beats the ever loving heIl out of thanksgiving day. Even without a football game on.

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

Thanksgiving night beats the ever loving heIl out of thanksgiving day. Even without a football game on.

Both my moms side of the family and my dads do Thanksgiving at noon sharp and ive like never understood it even tho its all I've ever known.

Its weird to wake up and with a few hours your expected to gorge on hearty foods and watch Matt Stafford be average. I need to just start going lighter in my Wednesday night meal so ill wake up more ravenous on Thanksgiving

Also we got Christmas around the corner that by its very nature has to be from the moment we wake up because thats the deal we all made as children so its like kinda doubly stupid that Thanksgiving tries to be the same holiday but without presents.

Need to go back 80 years and establish Thanksgiving as a dinner time holiday if your going to serve dinner food

Just now, AF89 said:

Both my moms side of the family and my dads do Thanksgiving at noon sharp and ive like never understood it even tho its all I've ever known.

Its weird to wake up and with a few hours your expected to gorge on hearty foods and watch Matt Stafford be average. I need to just start going lighter in my Wednesday night meal so ill wake up more ravenous on Thanksgiving

My family was the same way....of dinner was later than 12:30 there was **** to pay for whoever was the reason for the delay.

We did our dinner at 3 today...gave me time to get everything in place and cook....not sure that I would ever go back to those lunch time big dinners.

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

Traditionally, thats always been the case for me. I hosted the big family bash that started at noon. It was so much more relaxing showing up to the in laws with just a few dishes, but I did realize quickly why I took this mantle on in the first place when I sawed into half raw turkey.

9 hours ago, AF89 said:

Also we got Christmas around the corner that by its very nature has to be from the moment we wake up because thats the deal we all made as children so its like kinda doubly stupid that Thanksgiving tries to be the same holiday but without presents.

Need to go back 80 years and establish Thanksgiving as a dinner time holiday if your going to serve dinner food

When I was a kid, We tended to eat dinner on thanksgiving a little earlier than normal, like 16:00.

But NEVER earlier than that.

I eat my largest meal of the day at around noon to 1pm. I always eat light for dinner. This way, I can break my fast and re-fuel for the rest of my day. By the time dinner rolls around, it’s 3 to 4 hours before bed time and I don’t need as much energy from food because it’s the end of my day.

Sample Brunch (noon to 1pm)

- 1 cup steel cut oats or old-fashioned oatmeal, dry, cooked in water and topped with raisins and honey

- 6 egg whites scrambled or 4 whole eggs scrambled 

- sautéed spinach or kale with avocado 

- one piece of fresh fruit, such as an orange

- handful of lightly salted mixed nuts (almonds, pecans, pistachios, etc)

Sample Supper (6 to 7pm)

- tuna, salmon, or cod, blackened, smoked, grilled, or baked over a bed of romaine lettuce garnished with tomato, onion, cucumber, bell pepper & avocado and lightly drizzled with fresh lemon juice 

Edited by Halcon-1
20 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

When I was a kid, We tended to eat dinner on thanksgiving a little earlier than normal, like 16:00.

But NEVER earlier than that.

Just wait till you get a little older that will change.  Well, the desire to eat earlier will, I can't say the 16:00 tradition will.:lol:

We sat down to eat at about 2:30 (only three of us) and had plenty of time for a 6PM family ZOOM gathering afterwards.