The Joe Biden Presidency Thread

2 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I agree with all of that, but the problem is much, much broader than rightwing content.  Hate to be a broken record, but Facebook’s role in the Rohingnyan genocide and other similar atrocities across the world shows that the platforms have the capability of destroying any society or even government.  There are countless examples of this across the world from all political and religious viewpoints.  All it takes are a few bad actors with enough money to spread countless false stories that divide a society to the point where there is mass violence and chaos.  We know this because it has literally happened numerous times (again, look at Myanmar).

No company should have that power, let alone be able to sell that power to the highest bidder.  

It's like the electricity company determining who gets how much electricity at any given moment and regulating it down to the outlet... it's insane, but because there are so many old people that don't understand technology, we are beholden to monopolies

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Jdrizzle

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Big_Dog said:

Biden introduced his team today complete with their strong biographies.  Holy smokes are we enroute to a well led country. Thank God for the smart voters that allowed us to go from the dark ages to future of prosperity, success and unity both here and abroad. I'm again proud to be an American and can scrap my plans to move to Canada. 

4 hours ago, The Monarch said:

Jesus Christ

2 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Been thinking about that as well lately. I've also been wondering when they plan on putting some urgency on passing another relief bill, because not having one is only hurting R's right now. I know they've been playing the media game of blaming the Democrats for holding it up, but it takes just seconds to research it and see that it's the GOP *severely* lowballing the bill despite basically every expert saying the bigger the better. Even Trump wanted to go big with it and McConnell said lol no

8 minutes ago, Carter said:

Been thinking about that as well lately. I've also been wondering when they plan on putting some urgency on passing another relief bill, because not having one is only hurting R's right now. I know they've been playing the media game of blaming the Democrats for holding it up, but it takes just seconds to research it and see that it's the GOP *severely* lowballing the bill despite basically every expert saying the bigger the better. Even Trump wanted to go big with it and McConnell said lol no

Mitch has zero fear of his constituents, which is evident by him allowing the Sackler family to poison them to death for generations. 

I think he’s waiting to see how Georgia plays out, but if he was willing to sacrifice Trump by refusing more relief, he’ll let Americans starve for two years so they can take back the house and keep the Senate in 2022 when we’re still in a recession. 

1 hour ago, Carter said:

the real sticking point was that mcconnell wanted blanket immunity from liability for corporations re:covid

basically letting them get away with **** like this:

1 hour ago, JMac.......and Cheese. said:

Every story on CNN's front page is about Covid-19. I don't think they got the memo about changing the narrative.

My stepson was sure COVID would instantly go away on November 4th.

Now that his physician had to be rushed to the hospital, he has moved on to talking about six dollars a gallon gas. 

SMDH

Just now, achilles return said:

the real sticking point was that mcconnell wanted blanket immunity from liability for corporations re:covid

basically letting them get away with **** like this:

I'm not going to read this because....

1. Publix sandwiches

2. There's one being built three miles from me.