The Joe Biden Presidency Thread

12 minutes ago, Carter said:

I've had some that are really good.

And JT Daniels is either rusty on throwing the deep ball or his deep ball is just trash. I think that's 3 badly underthrown deep balls so far.

His whole shtick at USC was just chucking it down field and letting thier 5 star recivers run under it. Lot of amazing touchdowns, lot of wounded ducks too.

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Jdrizzle

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Heartless *******   

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

You do in this era. If you haven't been checking contracts today, shooters are getting PAID. I would actually expect Bogdan to get more than $18m per; and yes that is backup money for lights out shooters that will play heavy minutes even in a backup role. Danillo is getting more than that to be a backup forward for us. I'm very happy with the moves we've made so far. If we can land Bogi, it would just be the cherry on top. 

Also have to remember we are only able to afford these guys because we have so many young guys on rookie scale contracts. And it doesn't hurt us in 2021 at all, it just gives us tradeable assets if needed if the opportunity to acquire a superstar presents itself. 

Eh. If it was a 2 year deal, I'd agree, but 4 years is the max number of years you can give a free agent. Feels to me like one of our young core may be the odd man out. 

Our cap space is gone, so we would have to do sign n trade and give up assets. 

9 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Eh. If it was a 2 year deal, I'd agree, but 4 years is the max number of years you can give a free agent. Feels to me like one of our young core may be the odd man out. 

Our cap space is gone, so we would have to do sign n trade and give up assets. 

Cap space is gone to sign Bogdan? No, we still have over $20m in cap space currently. One of our young core will not need to be an odd man out to add him. Only thing is we might have to give them a future draft pick to keep them from matching the offer since he's a restricted free agent. Also, with Bird rights we can go over the soft cap to resign our own players in the future, and we now have an owner who will pay a luxury tax bill to afford a top shelf team. Snell would be an odd man out before any of our core. 

Edited by RandomFan
4 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Cap space is gone to sign Bogdan? No, we still have over $20m in cap space currently. One of our young core will not need to be an odd man out to add him. Only thing is we might have to give them a future draft pick to keep them from matching the offer since he's a restricted free agent. Also, with Bird rights we can go over the soft cap to resign our own players in the future, and we now have an owner who will pay a luxury tax bill to afford a top shelf team. Snell would be an odd man out before any of our core. 

We had 25ish after Gallo. Dunn was a Room MLE. Rondo was signed with cap space. Leaving roughly 17.5 mil in space. Signing Bogi will eat up the rest.

Only people coming off the books next year is snell's 12 mil contract and collins, but to keep collins bird rights, we would have a cap hold of 12 mil and every's contract increase will eat the rest of it. 

I am talking about odd man out in terms of minutes. Only 48 minutes per position, but we have Trae, Dunn, Rondo, Cam, Huerter, Bogi(potentially), Hunter, Mays, Goodwin at PG/ SG. Bogi isn't coming in to play 10 minutes a game. 

6 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

We had 25ish after Gallo. Dunn was a Room MLE. Rondo was signed with cap space. Leaving roughly 17.5 mil in space. Signing Bogi will eat up the rest.

Only people coming off the books next year is snell's 12 mil contract and collins, but to keep collins bird rights, we would have a cap hold of 12 mil and every's contract increase will eat the rest of it. 

I am talking about odd man out in terms of minutes. Only 48 minutes per position, but we have Trae, Dunn, Rondo, Cam, Huerter, Bogi(potentially), Hunter, Mays, Goodwin at PG/ SG. Bogi isn't coming in to play 10 minutes a game. 

Injuries happen. Also this is the rare year where Covid will possibly happen too, which could lead to absences. Cannot have too much depth this season. Might as well expect Goodwin to lose his non-guaranteed roster spot. And again, a lot of our players are young and need veteran leadership around them to learn from. Especially when those players still have tread left unlike Vince Carter. Can't have enough tradeable assets next year going into the offseason either. This is the year to accumulate those assets before the contracts of our young players start coming up for extension. 

Watching some of the scrubs we had to watch last year eat minutes for our Hawks I'm not sure how anyone would ever be against having more good players on the roster. 

23 minutes ago, Carter said:

Steven Crowder is Canadian.

Canadians commonly celebrate Thanksgiving on the second Monday of October. Which is Columbus Day in the US.

The culture wars will now be screaming even louder and stupider since a Democrat will be president.

If ignoring science is rebellion a lot of the folks on the right have been rebelling as long as I've been alive.