The Joe Biden Presidency Thread

11 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

Who screens the resumes that cross your desk?

Some came through HR.  Some came through a vendor we use for new talent.  I am okay with weakish resumes as long as they can articulate their contributions and can demonstrate problem solving abilities.  I was once in their shoes, so I understand 

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Aleksandr sportolli

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, lostone said:

Some came through HR.  Some came through a vendor we use for new talent.  I am okay with weakish resumes as long as they can articulate their contributions and can demonstrate problem solving abilities.  I was once in their shoes, so I understand 

This may sound dickish, but time is money, and if you are the hiring official, you don't have time to be weeding people out that shouldn't have made it to the next level of the process.  Everybody has a story!  Recalibrate your HR department or whatever vendor you use!  Remember, garbage in, garbage out!

41 minutes ago, lostone said:

Another thing.  Your job postings should be very specific so whatever program(s) your HR/vendors use, automatically weeds most out!  Remember, they can't help YOU if they lack the necessary skills.  I understand being nervous in interviews, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...............

26 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

Another thing.  Your job postings should be very specific so whatever program(s) your HR/vendors use, automatically weeds most out!  Remember, they can't help YOU if they lack the necessary skills.  I understand being nervous in interviews, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...............

they typically do, but some have been bad. Kids have to be careful about what they put on their resume.  But I was much nicer recently than I was in a previous interview.  The last one I went deep in on a language and I shouldn’t have done that.

6 minutes ago, lostone said:

Not so fast!

Despite an earlier announcement, Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger (R) said the office is still completing its certification. The office issued a correction, reversing an earlier announcement that had declared the certification was complete. Raffensperger said he expects certification to be completed later Friday.

3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Not so fast!

Despite an earlier announcement, Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger (R) said the office is still completing its certification. The office issued a correction, reversing an earlier announcement that had declared the certification was complete. Raffensperger said he expects certification to be completed later Friday.

This is stupid!

2 minutes ago, Big_Dog said:

:slick:

8 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Not so fast!

😄

25 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Not so fast!

45 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Not so fast!

4 PM evening news had Raffensberger on saying it's done and two county election officials fired for not following protocol but their mistakes didn't move the election enough to affect the results.