Jump to content

The Joe Biden Presidency Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Mr. Hoopah!

    10046

  • AF89

    7025

  • WhenFalconsWin

    4543

  • Aleksandr sportolli

    4139

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I've never watched a second of OAN. But it may be worth tuning in just to see how far down the bat**** rabbit hole half of this country is going to go. 

 

I wonder why no one is discussing every little thing 45 did to interrupt mail in ballots and even surpressing his own voters with discouraging them to vote by mail. Everything that has happened is all his fault and him and his camp are the only ones that fail to realize that. Heck there's even a person in this very thread who admitted that he votes multiple times and all of those votes suppport 45. So there must be fraud on each side of the spectrum

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I've never watched a second of OAN. But it may be worth tuning in just to see how far down the bat**** rabbit hole half of this country is going to go. 

 

OAN is actively working with 1/2 of the father/son team behind the current version of Qanon to spread Q conspiracy theories. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I've never watched a second of OAN. But it may be worth tuning in just to see how far down the bat**** rabbit hole half of this country is going to go. 

 

It is so terrifying.  The problem is not that 1/3 of the country is going to be brainwashed into believing things that make FoxNews look like CNN.  The problem is that rather than margiinalyzing this cult, Republicans who know better will prostrate themselves to the cult to maintain power.

I thought we were in a dark place.

It could actually get darker.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I guess I just don't get the rush of needing the newest console when it launches. There aren't many games and most of them are just ports of games from the previous generation. 

I'll pick one up in the spring with no hassle.

I’ve never had a new console before it’s been out for a year already. I never really paid much attention to console launches before. I’m not exactly stressing about it but I would like to get one for my kids for Christmas. They use it more than I do. It’s not gonna bother any of us to wait, I mean I already told them we probably won’t be getting one until some time next year. But the looks on their face if I can surprise them for Christmas would be priceless. That’s what I want.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Carter said:

I’ve never had a new console before it’s been out for a year already. I never really paid much attention to console launches before. I’m not exactly stressing about it but I would like to get one for my kids for Christmas. They use it more than I do. It’s not gonna bother any of us to wait, I mean I already told them we probably won’t be getting one until some time next year. But the looks on their face if I can surprise them for Christmas would be priceless. That’s what I want.

Is somebody cutting raw onions in here?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Carter said:

I’ve never had a new console before it’s been out for a year already. I never really paid much attention to console launches before. I’m not exactly stressing about it but I would like to get one for my kids for Christmas. They use it more than I do. It’s not gonna bother any of us to wait, I mean I already told them we probably won’t be getting one until some time next year. But the looks on their face if I can surprise them for Christmas would be priceless. That’s what I want.

qIYLWGA.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HolyMoses said:

It is so terrifying.  The problem is not that 1/3 of the country is going to be brainwashed into believing things that make FoxNews look like CNN.  The problem is that rather than margiinalyzing this cult, Republicans who know better will prostrate themselves to the cult to maintain power.

I thought we were in a dark place.

It could actually get darker.

 

Well, yeah. If Biden's administration is perceived as a failure, Republicans are going to end up with control of all three branches in 2024, and after four years of right-wing media following their audience further off the deep end, liberal and social media bothsiding, and people getting even more sick of having to keep hearing about Trump, Q will be more socially acceptable than bringing up Trump's naked desire manipulate the elections any way he can. At that point we're real close to real and actual **** going down as far as the structure of our government. We're not going to be any farther from the brink with Biden than we've been with Trump, although mainstream/liberal media might trick people into feeling like the biggest problem's been solved.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

OAN is actively working with 1/2 of the father/son team behind the current version of Qanon to spread Q conspiracy theories. 

 

26 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

 

If only Democrats were this competent.

 

Just reiterating that the idea that there is a left equivalent to the misinformation machines on the right is ******* ridiculous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JMac.......and Cheese. said:

Even old Nate is going in on this one.

 

 

I think anybody who is actually paying attention to what’s happening realizes how openly authoritarian the Republican Party has become.  People who don’t see it are deluding themselves or just not paying close enough attention.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I think anybody who is actually paying attention to what’s happening realizes how openly authoritarian the Republican Party has become.  People who don’t see it are deluding themselves or just not paying close enough attention.  

Or they just don't care as long as their guy is in office.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Serge said:

Well, yeah. If Biden's administration is perceived as a failure, Republicans are going to end up with control of all three branches in 2024, and after four years of right-wing media following their audience further off the deep end, liberal and social media bothsiding, and people getting even more sick of having to keep hearing about Trump, Q will be more socially acceptable than bringing up Trump's naked desire manipulate the elections any way he can. At that point we're real close to real and actual **** going down as far as the structure of our government. We're not going to be any farther from the brink with Biden than we've been with Trump, although mainstream/liberal media might trick people into feeling like the biggest problem's been solved.

So if bat **** crazy OAN/Newmax is actually a threat to democracy, how is it possible that rational leftists policies, or ANY policy can save us?

IOW, I don't see how any policy is a defense to an alternative reality.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I think anybody who is actually paying attention to what’s happening realizes how openly authoritarian the Republican Party has become.  People who don’t see it are deluding themselves or just not paying close enough attention.  

 

3 minutes ago, MoeBiden said:

Anything is excusable for republicans.  They only need to raise the shield of an omipotent, liberally biased media to justify whatever they choose.

I think most here realize it, but until they face REAL consequences at the ballot box, it's only going to get worse. How are things supposed to get any better when one party has gone completely authoritarian, while the other refuses to do anything meaningful to help working people? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JMac.......and Cheese. said:

Even old Nate is going in on this one.

 

 

 

12 minutes ago, MoeBiden said:

Anything is excusable for republicans.  They only need to raise the shield of an omipotent, liberally biased media to justify whatever they choose.

 

It's excusable for all of them, and "polite society" will always let them back in. It's a small, elite ******* club and we're not in it.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

So if bat **** crazy OAN/Newmax is actually a threat to democracy, how is it possible that rational leftists policies, or ANY policy can save us?

IOW, I don't see how any policy is a defense to an alternative reality.

The society can't disarm alternate realities if everyone needs one to talk about politics, and that's what we have now thanks to cable television and social media. Just completely different frameworks for how to assess truth and meaningful information.

I think you start to fix that by acknowledging the intentional and/or unintentional failures of so many liberal and progressive media figures during the Trump administration that empowered Trump to completely dominate the discourse with no advantage to letting him do that other than liberals getting to imagine how much they worried him or hurt his feelings.

No one agrees with me; they throw apples at my head. 🙃

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Some of you Lemmings still believing Trump will somehow win? :lol: Grow and effing backbone and be proud of what the "dems did" in this election.

On a cursory note: I though Jenna Ellis looked really nice up there today. I would hope she takes that as a compliment from a Southern Gentleman like WFW. 

"I could spend a full-time job just responding to the ridiculously illogical, inconsistent, and blatantly stupid arguments supporting Trump," she wrote in March 2016. "But here's the thing: his supporters DON'T CARE about facts or logic. They aren't seeking truth.

Also

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...