• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Aleksandr sportolli

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

And that's been the point of all of these nonsensical lawsuits. They know they aren't going to overturn anything, they want to deligitimize any any electoral result that does not favor their side. This only leads to authoritarianism, and the destruction of free democratic process. 

From what I have seen, they appear to have focused on absentee/mail-in ballots in the various states. My one hope is that there are less of those (even though there's no evidence of widespread fraud using them, and states like Oregon have done mail-in only for years) in 2022 and 2024 because we've somewhat gotten covid under control, and the GOP is back to having to claim in-person voter fraud, of which the very few verifiable instances appear to always be republicans.

We're going to see tremendous efforts to suppress minority votes for 2022 and 2024.  Republicans are madder than **** at AA voter turnout, despite claiming the past four years that black americans left "the plantation of the democratic party."

1 minute ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

From what I have seen, they appear to have focused on absentee/mail-in ballots in the various states. My one hope is that there are less of those (even though there's no evidence of widespread fraud using them, and states like Oregon have done mail-in only for years) in 2022 and 2024 because we've somewhat gotten covid under control, and the GOP is back to having to claim in-person voter fraud, of which the very few verifiable instances appear to always be republicans.

We're going to see tremendous efforts to suppress minority votes for 2022 and 2024.  Republicans are madder than **** at AA voter turnout, despite claiming the past four years that black americans left "the plantation of the democratic party."

Well, according to the Exit Polling that everyone is relying on (although a few experts  ARE questioning their validity) black americans ARE "leaving the plantation."

(I'm still going to love you @Andrews_31)

7 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

Well, according to the Exit Polling that everyone is relying on (although a few experts  ARE questioning their validity) black americans ARE "leaving the plantation."

Not that they were ever on "the plantation," but I do wish we were more strategic (and transactional) with our votes, and I honestly hope that starts to take place now.  

3 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

The Democrat party is losing the working class all around. Globalization and automation have really done a number on working people over the last 15 years and the Democrat party has done little but serve their wealthy donors and corporate masters. Then they are shocked when many of the working class fall for a loudmouth demagogue. And instead of trying to understand why, they belittle them, driving them even further away. 

Until the Democrat elite reconcile their role in the rise of Trumpism, we will be doomed to this death spiral of more awful and authoritarian Republican demagogues.

• Mr. Hoopah! changed the title to The I'm Not Sure What "Opacity" Means Thread
Just now, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

The Democrat party is losing the working class all around. Globalization and automation have really done a number on working people over the last 15 years and the Democrat party has done little but serve their wealthy donors and corporate masters. Then they are shocked when many of the working class fall for a loudmouth demagogue. And instead of trying to understand why, they belittle them, driving them even further away. 

Until the Democrat elite reconcile their role in the rise of Trumpism, we will be doomed to this death spiral of more awful and authoritarian Republican demagogues.

I wish I could better articulate my point about this, because I am quite clearly failing:

Nothing about my take on the Exit polling is about what should or should not be Democratic policy moving forward.  

My take is limited to the validity of the polling.  I think it is irresponsible to rely on the Exit Polling in 2020.  I'm happy to repost my rational and links to support , and to others who share my skepticism.  

Just now, HolyMoses said:

Any thoughts on the Senate races?  

Fingers crossed, Warnock and Ossoff both win.  I can't see one winning and the other losing, but it could happen.  The election down there is about pure turnout, and the way dems can do it again down there is with focused messaging tailored to GA.  Some things (national messages) will not fly down there, and southern blacks live their lives (traditionally) more conservatively than their northern and western counterparts.

Just now, HolyMoses said:

I wish I could better articulate my point about this, because I am quite clearly failing:

Nothing about my take on the Exit polling is about what should or should not be Democratic policy moving forward.  

My take is limited to the validity of the polling.  I think it is irresponsible to rely on the Exit Polling in 2020.  I'm happy to repost my rational and links to support , and to others who share my skepticism.  

Andrews was right and you know it. 

12 minutes ago, HolyMoses said:

We've gone through this.  I've seen far too many people (Symone Sanders being one that immediately jumps out) repeatedly using what you refer to as the "inaccurate" Edison survey instead of the AP survey that you refer to.  I didn''t realize there was a difference!  The Edison survey clearly shows that the dems have major problems, even with their base (black people), that they need to fix NOW.  Honestly, 90% of the gripes have nothing to do with race!  Ignoring this data, and blaming Trump's increase (although slight) in black's voting for him on rappers is dumb and dangerous!