The Joe Biden Presidency Thread

12 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

There does need to be serious consideration about what comes after that, though.  Cancel $1.4 trillion in debt.  Great.  Do people in school now get saddled with debt in the coming years?  Or do we forgive that also?  

Without some kind of education/tuition reform, cancelling debt won’t work because it’s a one-off action that doesn’t address the underlying problem.

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Jdrizzle

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Heartless *******   

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Didn’t say it’s an excuse to do nothing.  I said there has to be serious consideration about what comes next.  Because in a few years we’re going to have to do the forgiveness thing all over again, and in the meantime colleges are going to keep hiking tuition and fees.  

there was this dude in the democratic primaries that was pretty adamant about making public colleges tuition-free, i bet he had some serious considerations about what comes next.

3 hours ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I have a feeling that for certain people, it will never be a good time to leave Afghanistan and Iraq. If we're waiting for military leaders or civilian analysts getting fat checks from defense contractors to tell us the time is right, then we will literally never leave these wars. 

Trump was never really serious it, but I support any effort to extricate ourselves from these perpetual wars. 

8 minutes ago, achilles return said:

i'm into part two of rhythm of war.

people are going to have some reactions to kaladin's arc, woo boy. 

Trying to find a good place in Lightbringer series to put it down for a week or so I can really dive into Rhythm of War but I'm loving pacing so far

Also kinda brushing up on the first three with some random spot reading

1 hour ago, achilles return said:

you can't 'address the underlying problem' until you have complete control of congress. it is not an excuse to do nothing. 

Getting people to understand loan terms and predatory lending is not going to be easy.

If people really understood loans the Auto industry would take a hit.