The Joe Biden Presidency Thread

1 minute ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I have a feeling that for certain people, it will never be a good time to leave Afghanistan and Iraq. If we're waiting for military leaders or civilian analysts getting fat checks from defense contractors to tell us the time is right, then we will literally never leave these wars. 

Trump was never really serious it, but I support any effort to extricate ourselves from these perpetual wars. 

Same. I don't care if it's done purely out of spite and resentment, we need to get tf out of there.

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Aleksandr sportolli

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

So he’ll support good policy to get revenge on people he thinks wronged him?  Somebody go tell him that those companies are terrified of M4A and that he can really stick it to them by passing that!

Trump is infuriated that Pfizer and Moderna announced that their vaccine candidates are highly effective after the presidential election, even though company officials insisted that the timing wasn’t politically motivated.

Now the president is trying to get back at the pharmaceutical industry in the waning weeks of his administration.

The Department of Health and Human Services may soon release a proposal to lower drug prices in the Medicare program through what’s known as the “most favored nation” price. The policy, dreaded by the industry, would require drugmakers to accept the lowest price from the government for medicines paid by comparably wealthy countries in Europe and elsewhere.

I’m ok with him doing good things for dumb reasons. Someone tell him marijuana hates John McCain real quick!

8 minutes ago, Gritzblitz 2.0 said:

I have a feeling that for certain people, it will never be a good time to leave Afghanistan and Iraq. If we're waiting for military leaders or civilian analysts getting fat checks from defense contractors to tell us the time is right, then we will literally never leave these wars. 

Trump was never really serious it, but I support any effort to extricate ourselves from these perpetual wars. 

Afghanistan is a tremendously complicated situation. And it’s not just us, it’s a NATO operation and has been since I believe 2003. All NATO countries are participating. It’s not just US troops.

There will never be a good time to leave. There will always be some security concern there. And whenever we do leave it’s going to leave a big vacuum that will be filled by the Taliban within a matter of weeks or months at most. We needed to leave a long time ago. 

2 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I'd honestly rather have Teague or Dunn. Rondo is a better player, but I fear how he will act. He isn't a team first humble guy and wants to compete. 

I said similar earlier in the thread. I'd like Dunn over him. But at $7.5 million per, I wouldn't be upset if that's the direction we went. Should at least make the second unit more cohesive than last year.

11 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

I said similar earlier in the thread. I'd like Dunn over him. But at $7.5 million per, I wouldn't be upset if that's the direction we went. Should at least make the second unit more cohesive than last year.

Also, the agent for basically every free agent is going to leak some Atlanta connection to try and drive up the market, given we have the most cap space. 

1 hour ago, GEORGIAfan said:

I'd honestly rather have Teague or Dunn. Rondo is a better player, but I fear how he will act. He isn't a team first humble guy and wants to compete. 

That’s my concern that he is not a guy that would handle losing and growing a team that well. 

He was always been more of a front runner type. Would have been a better addition back a few years ago when we were competing but I don’t think he would fit here now.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

There does need to be serious consideration about what comes after that, though.  Cancel $1.4 trillion in debt.  Great.  Do people in school now get saddled with debt in the coming years?  Or do we forgive that also?  

Without some kind of education/tuition reform, cancelling debt won’t work because it’s a one-off action that doesn’t address the underlying problem.

4 minutes ago, achilles return said:

you can't 'address the underlying problem' until you have complete control of congress. it is not an excuse to do nothing. 

Didn’t say it’s an excuse to do nothing.  I said there has to be serious consideration about what comes next.  Because in a few years we’re going to have to do the forgiveness thing all over again, and in the meantime colleges are going to keep hiking tuition and fees.