• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Aleksandr sportolli

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

Hayes is the player I'd really like us to draft. A bit more of a project, but he's big and strong for a PG - big enough to guard SGs and even some SFs. He has the kind advanced moves most guys never develop - nifty step backs and such. He's a whiz passer and likes to play physical on both ends. Not that explosive, but I think with time he could be the guy that makes sure the offense runs smooth when Trae isn't on the floor, and when they're on the floor together they can both run PnR and the other can play off ball spot up shooter (Hayes needs to work on his outside shot, but his stroke is fairly smooth and his FT% suggests he can improve).

Wait why do we need another PG?  I don't keep up with NBA draft prospects. ESPN appears to say Avdija is a good fit for us?

Just now, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Wait why do we need another PG?  I don't keep up with NBA draft prospects. ESPN appears to say Avdija is a good fit for us?

When Trae came off the court, our offense became historically bad. We need someone who can run things while he sits. But, we don't need to draft a true backup PG at 6. It's why Hayes and Halliburton are nice. Both are skilled enough to facilitate the offense, but can also play off ball (hopefully, in Hayes' case) with Trae on the court and can guard SGs too.

Lots of places love Avdija, i'm not as big. I think people are thinking Luka when they should be thinking Saric, and Avdija's FT% is just atrocious, making me worry about him ever becoming a good shooter. But he's big and has some handling/passing ability and theoretically could guard multiple positions. I'd personally take several players before him, but wouldn't be like angry if we got him.

3 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

When Trae came off the court, our offense became historically bad. We need someone who can run things while he sits. But, we don't need to draft a true backup PG at 6. It's why Hayes and Halliburton are nice. Both are skilled enough to facilitate the offense, but can also play off ball (hopefully, in Hayes' case) with Trae on the court and can guard SGs too.

Lots of places love Avdija, i'm not as big. I think people are thinking Luka when they should be thinking Saric, and Avdija's FT% is just atrocious, making me worry about him ever becoming a good shooter. But he's big and has some handling/passing ability and theoretically could guard multiple positions. I'd personally take several players before him, but wouldn't be like angry if we got him.

Also should say that if we want to actually improve this year, we'll still  need to bring in a vet backup PG/SG who can really run things. Can't just trust on the draftee or like Goodwin (who I like) to get it done.

17 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

I was hoping last year’s rookie from Duke, where he ran the point, could step in and at least keep the O moving when Tre was off the floor. But I am ok with a more of a Swiss army guy coming off the bench. Just not sure giving up a six IF YOU HAVE A GUY IN MIND already. 

TBH, I don’t know what this Hawks Team needs outside of just getting more mature at this time. 

1 minute ago, bdog 29 said:

They're like Atlanta United for me. Don't really care for the sport but I root for them because I root for the city.

see i love the sport i just got into the nba because my cousin was a big heat fan and they had just gotten lebron

i know i don't like the lakers or the celtics

those are the strongest feelings i have

6 minutes ago, achilles return said:

see i love the sport i just got into the nba because my cousin was a big heat fan and they had just gotten lebron

i know i don't like the lakers or the celtics

those are the strongest feelings i have

The NBA is frustrating.  If you don't draft a once in a generation talent, or if you're not a big enough market to attract and sign a once in a generation talent after his rookie contract, you're basically not going to win any championships.

38 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I was hoping last year’s rookie from Duke, where he ran the point, could step in and at least keep the O moving when Tre was off the floor. But I am ok with a more of a Swiss army guy coming off the bench. Just not sure giving up a six IF YOU HAVE A GUY IN MIND already. 

TBH, I don’t know what this Hawks Team needs outside of just getting more mature at this time. 

Cam really started to show out at the end of last season and I have a lot of confidence he can be a real playmaker for the team.  Having more wouldn't hurt tho.

25 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

The NBA is frustrating.  If you don't draft a once in a generation talent, or if you're not a big enough market to attract and sign a once in a generation talent after his rookie contract, you're basically not going to win any championships.

Thankfully we got that part taken care of. 😉

15 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

Cam really started to show out at the end of last season and I have a lot of confidence he can be a real playmaker for the team.  Having more wouldn't hurt tho.

There is a fine line between having just enough and having too much as well.

With that said, I still am not sure, outside of adding a proven star at any position outside of Point, would help. 

5 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

There is a fine line between having just enough and having too much as well.

With that said, I still am not sure, outside of adding a proven star at any position outside of Point, would help. 

I'll always take more talent and figure it out later. But in any event, until the team starts actually winning, I feel pretty comfortable saying we don't have enough.

This year, we need to add proven vets. Don't have to be stars, but they have to be legit pieces (unlike the **** show we ran out there last year with Evan Turner and Allen Crabbe and (as much as I love him) old-*** Vince Carter.). Add a Joe Harris and some stabilizing PG and a decent forward. If we do that, and if we continue to see growth from our two best players and the rookies from last year, and with the addition of Capela, it should be a fun, playoff caliber team. IF that happens, we at least give ourselves a shot, however slim, of enticing one of the superstars in the 2021 FA class. If not, we have zero chance.