• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Jdrizzle

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Heartless *******   

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

To be fair I think we're just beginning to fully understand how dangerous misinformation is in the 'information age' and how social media only exacerbates the problem.

For those of us that grew up before access to the internet and smartphones we all had those friends/acquaintances who lied through their teeth and we were not able to immediately fact check them.  In my case this taught me to question everything and not accept things at face value.

On another note, I saw something that said you were Korean?  If so are you full? I'm 1/2 myself.

He's not Korean but I think he's had a little Thai in him.

40 minutes ago, thofin21 said:

This is just Trump's way of saying Watch me trigger the libs .The fact that it slows down the transition shows how little Trump cares about the Country. But then this  is not new information. 

Well... TBF, the overwhelming majority of Republican Party is absolutely ok with that and have been for a while now.

I have been saying Chump is not the Virus he is just a symptom which is why so many are so ok with anything he does.

48 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

To be fair I think we're just beginning to fully understand how dangerous misinformation is in the 'information age' and how social media only exacerbates the problem.

For those of us that grew up before access to the internet and smartphones we all had those friends/acquaintances who lied through their teeth and we were not able to immediately fact check them.  In my case this taught me to question everything and not accept things at face value.

On another note, I saw something that said you were Korean?  If so are you full? I'm 1/2 myself.

The problem is that these companies have known for years about the problem and continue to refuse to take meaningful steps to stop it.  Check out the PBS Frontline documentary “The Facebook Dilemma” from 2018.  They watched what happened in Myanmar and that was years ago, for example.  And remember that Twitter/Facebook said they would crack down on accounts that declared victory before the media called it, including deleting accounts.  Yet there’s Trump and all of his supporters spreading this stuff all over social media and all they do is put a warning label on it.  They knew this was coming.  They had a chance to do something about it.  And they didn’t stop it.  So they’re as culpable as the Republican Party in creating our current situation.  They should be regulated so this never happens again.

As to the bold....it’s actually directly related.  That was just a joke that I made on the boards.  I also said that JDaveG was Jamaican.

4 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The problem is that these companies have known for years about the problem and continue to refuse to take meaningful steps to stop it.  Check out the PBS Frontline documentary “The Facebook Dilemma” from 2018.  They watched what happened in Myanmar and that was years ago, for example.  And remember that Twitter/Facebook said they would crack down on accounts that declared victory before the media called it, including deleting accounts.  Yet there’s Trump and all of his supporters spreading this stuff all over social media and all they do is put a warning label on it.  They knew this was coming.  They had a chance to do something about it.  And they didn’t stop it.  So they’re as culpable as the Republican Party in creating our current situation.  They should be regulated so this never happens again.

As to the bold....it’s actually directly related.  That was just a joke that I made on the boards.  I also said that JDaveG was Jamaican.

Hey mon!

21 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Well... TBF, the overwhelming majority of Republican Party is absolutely ok with that and have been for a while now.

I have been saying Chump is not the Virus he is just a symptom which is why so many are so ok with anything he does.

They are showing their true colors 

7 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Yes I would expect the companies that run the platform to have a better understanding of what is happening on them as they are always looking for ways to increase engagement.

When I said 'we are just beginning to understand' I meant the American public at large.

With social media companies you can't trust them to police themselves. They don't do this with banks. They don't do this with Wall Street companies. There's oversight.

The question is how do you police them? There's too much data going through them to review everything. They have to cherry pick what to do and don't want to incur the wrath of the government.... but I think that day may be coming.

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Where's the problem, Mose?  You've waited through 4 years of spying, hoaxing, Impeaching, do the right thing ansd wait another month for the Biden certification votes. The big bad orange man is not going to steal your election...:lol:

Serious question.  

Why didn’t Hillary, Mitt, John, John, Al....do exactly what Trump is doing now. What actual evidence is there that this is different?*

15 minutes ago, thofin21 said:

They are showing their true colors 

Not just the authoritarian horse**** around the election, but both Loeffler and Perdue are cozying up to and promoting a dangerous Qanon nutter (Greene).

And a lot of people in Georgia are going to reward this behavior by voting for them.  The only way any of this changes is to create an electoral penalty for it.  But too many people prioritize other things over democracy.  

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I hope Trout doesn't mind me copying this from his Facebook page:

Meet Koo Young Hoe: The first Korean-born NFL player in 30 years - Koreaboo

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Not just the authoritarian horse**** around the election, but both Loeffler and Perdue are cozying up to and promoting a dangerous Qanon nutter (Greene).

And a lot of people in Georgia are going to reward this behavior by voting for them.  The only way any of this changes is to create an electoral penalty for it.  But too many people prioritize other things over democracy.  

If Georgia can ditch Loeffler and Perdue it will be huge .They are Trump toadies. Ugh .

19 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

My man is Korean AND went to Ga Southern.

Yes, he's my favorite kicker of all time.

🤣

BTW I just found out #KoreanKicker does not mean what I thought it did

Nope

Nope 

Nope

Not gonna look it up....you are not pulling a trout on me today...no sir.

2 hours ago, WOR said:

CULVER GANG BANG BANG 

And then

but then

With @GEORGIAfan, Culver is not enough for me to drop from 6 to 17. Bunch of guys i'd rather gamble on at 6. Also Jrue would be the kind of piece to help us get to the playoffs, but he's a one year rental at 30 years old, just wouldn't want to give up much for him were it to happen.