• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Jdrizzle

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Heartless *******   

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

So apparently several people under Esper quit when he was fired, which let Trump reward loyalist sycophants to the other positions. 

I've read a couple of story lines that make it sound that way but the big dog was asked to turn in his resignation letter......which he did.

But at that level being asked to turn in a resignation letter......that's being fired.

So I've been thinking about this a lot....

The bull**** under the Biden administration is going to be a lot more nuanced. The people doing the bull**** are going to be professional bull****ters. 

I feel like we should all prep ourselves for that. These folks are experts at what they do. Don't let the last four years of incompetence fool you. They aren't all that dumb.

1 minute ago, Jdrizzle said:

The bull**** under the Biden administration is going to be a lot more nuanced. The people doing the bull**** are going to be professional bull****ters. 

I feel like we should all prep ourselves for that. These folks are experts at what they do. Don't let the last four years of incompetence fool you. They aren't all that dumb.

When W and Obama lied to us they had the decency to tell us lies that weren’t immediately disprovable on their face the moment they were uttered. Took weeks, months, sometimes years to figure out they were lies. 

I really can’t explain how big of a waste of time, lives and money the war in Afghanistan has been. There was never an exit strategy and from a certain point early on it became clear there would never be a good exit strategy. All we have really achieved in Afghanistan is continuing an endless cycle of death and radicalization. Everything we have done there will be completely in vain no matter how we end up leaving.

30 minutes ago, lostone said:

@falconsd56

so I am doing a refi and got 3% and don’t have to start over my term.  Am I doing okay or should I shop a bit more?

Shop more....you can do better than 3 right now.

I have seen some 30 years at like 2.75

If you have the ability to go to 15 year then that is even less.

33 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

Yeah when they lie to you they’re going to give you the courtesy of thinking you’re not a total dumb *** and will believe anything they say.

They’re going to work harder at trying to deceive you, which is just more respectful.