• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Aleksandr sportolli

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Carter said:

Pretty cool of Trump to wait this long to fire Esper lol... I thought he was out when he defied Trump trying to mobilize active duty military against protests over the summer.

I'm thinking Trump has some "loose ends" he needs to get finished for his foreign partners (no this is not a conspiracy), and it will be much easier with sock puppets in place. For example, Esper didn't want to withdraw from Afghanistan from what I read, ergo his resignation. So who benefits from  withdrawing from Afghanistan? Not Trump, he's going to be replaced in January. The US People? Probably, unless Afghanistan becomes another training ground for terrorists (idk the likelihood but it's not zero). Who else benefits? Anyone else that's in the region and doesn't want to deal with US troops. You tell me.

4 hours ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Maybe I should clarify... There's hasn't been a dramatic call to "ban" contraceptives. There's been different approaches. For example, defunding Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood is a place that a ton of young girls go to get their birth control. Why? Cause mom and dad are super religious. (my Ex-wife got her's from PP until we were married and I got insurance).

There employers like Hobby Lobby who won't cover it.

There's a lot of movement on these types of things, and they hurt the people who are most susceptible to unplanned pregnancies.

4 hours ago, papachaz said:

oh ok I gotcha. well we know there are people who are too far off to the right just like there are people who are too far off to the left. 

Can't forget the decades of abstinence only sex ed in high school that was a staple of the GOP platform. Can't let teenagers learn about safe sex, might make them want to try it...🙄 Flipping morons...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/its-an-embarrassment-joe-biden-responds-to-donald-trumps-refusal-to-concede-presidential-race/ar-BB1aSVwi

WASHINGTON – President-elect Joe Biden on Tuesday dismissed President Donald Trump's refusal to concede the election as not very consequential to his efforts to begin transition planning and said it did not reflect well on Trump.

"I just think it's an embarrassment, quite frankly," Biden said. "How can I say this tactfully? I think it will not help the president's legacy."

"I know from my discussions with foreign leaders thus fair that they are hopeful that the United States' democratic institutions are viewed once again as being strong and endured," Biden said. "But I think at the end of the day, it's going to all come to fruition on Jan. 20."

Biden said Trump's unwillingness to acknowledge his election victory is "not of much consequence" to his transition team's ability to plan and that he's communicated to world leaders that "America's back."

"We are already beginning the transition. We're well underway," the former vice president said, adding that the administration's "failure to recognize our win does not change the dynamics of what we're able to do."

Asked what his message is for Trump, Biden said: "Mr. President, I look forward to speaking with you."

Biden dismissed Pompeo’s remarks. “Secretary of State Pompeo," he said with a laugh.

He also said his team will be fine without the federal transition funding or access to presidential daily briefings known as "PDBs." He said he “doesn’t see a need for legal action” to force the Trump administration to cooperate.

“We can get through without the funding,” Biden said. “We’re in a position that we feel very good about. There’s nothing that slows up our efforts to put things together. Obviously, the PDB would be useful, but it’s not necessary.

“We’re going to do exactly what we’d be doing if he had conceded and said we have won, which we have,” Biden said.

"Look, I am not a pessimist, as you know," he said. "And I think there are a enough Republicans who've already spoken out. And I think there will be many more – not many more, a larger number – once the election is declared and I'm sworn in to be able to get things done. I think they understand."

"They will," Biden said when pressed on how expects to work with Republicans if they don't recognize him as president-elect. "They will."

11 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/its-an-embarrassment-joe-biden-responds-to-donald-trumps-refusal-to-concede-presidential-race/ar-BB1aSVwi

WASHINGTON – President-elect Joe Biden on Tuesday dismissed President Donald Trump's refusal to concede the election as not very consequential to his efforts to begin transition planning and said it did not reflect well on Trump.

"I just think it's an embarrassment, quite frankly," Biden said. "How can I say this tactfully? I think it will not help the president's legacy."

"I know from my discussions with foreign leaders thus fair that they are hopeful that the United States' democratic institutions are viewed once again as being strong and endured," Biden said. "But I think at the end of the day, it's going to all come to fruition on Jan. 20."

Biden said Trump's unwillingness to acknowledge his election victory is "not of much consequence" to his transition team's ability to plan and that he's communicated to world leaders that "America's back."

"We are already beginning the transition. We're well underway," the former vice president said, adding that the administration's "failure to recognize our win does not change the dynamics of what we're able to do."

Asked what his message is for Trump, Biden said: "Mr. President, I look forward to speaking with you."

Biden dismissed Pompeo’s remarks. “Secretary of State Pompeo," he said with a laugh.

He also said his team will be fine without the federal transition funding or access to presidential daily briefings known as "PDBs." He said he “doesn’t see a need for legal action” to force the Trump administration to cooperate.

“We can get through without the funding,” Biden said. “We’re in a position that we feel very good about. There’s nothing that slows up our efforts to put things together. Obviously, the PDB would be useful, but it’s not necessary.

“We’re going to do exactly what we’d be doing if he had conceded and said we have won, which we have,” Biden said.

"Look, I am not a pessimist, as you know," he said. "And I think there are a enough Republicans who've already spoken out. And I think there will be many more – not many more, a larger number – once the election is declared and I'm sworn in to be able to get things done. I think they understand."

"They will," Biden said when pressed on how expects to work with Republicans if they don't recognize him as president-elect. "They will."

Biden should have said, “I look forward to accepting Pompeo’s resignation on January 20th.”

42 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Can't forget the decades of abstinence only sex ed in high school that was a staple of the GOP platform. Can't let teenagers learn about safe sex, might make them want to try it...🙄 Flipping morons...

especially since it was the dumb jocks and cheerleaders that were mostly doing it  :lol:

8 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

This feels like a reasonable take to me. Something is definitely going on but a coup is way on down the list of possibilities.

I hope people are looking into the criminal penalties for deleting government documents.  And if those penalties aren’t really stiff, they need to fix the laws to make them very stiff.