• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Jdrizzle

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Heartless *******   

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

My guess is that those on that side are telling themselves that Biden hasn't won because it's not yet official. 

I remember in 2016 being disappointed but hoping that one of the recounts or lawsuits would make a difference. They didn't. The process marched on and that's what's going to happen here but I thought it might until we got into late December.

That might be happening here on the other side. Hopefully nothing will happen but we won't know until it's officially official.

I'mma add a little on that if you don't mind. SOOOOO many on the right thought Hillary would be in jail by Memorial Day 2016, heck some even by Easter, LOL and of course it never happened. I personally feel there are a lot who expect trump to be, and regardless of scandals, whatever, I really don't think he will be either. remains to be seen I suppose though

8 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

So nobody was violent until Trump supporters showed up, and then all of a sudden parts of Seattle are falling?

I don't think that's "pretty well documented" at all.  And again -- why aren't they inciting violence right now? A lot of them think an election is being stolen.  If they are the problem, why aren't they doing the same thing in major cities where ballots are being counted?

The most I'm aware of is some wing nuts showing up to polling places armed, but no shots were actually fired.  Why not?

Would you like to discuss the protests nationally, or are you only willing to talk about one single block in Seattle?

People are concerned about armed militias engaging in violence. That's because there is a rise in right wing terrorism in the US, there are people openly talking about civil war, and many of those people are well armed. Those are facts, and I think it's reasonable to worry.

Saying 'well, they haven't done it yet' isn't really debatable, it's just not the point of what anyone is saying.

3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Like, that "certain relative" that I talked about recently...he never used any of the Qanon language but every time he mentions Democrats it's always "pedophiles" and "evil" and about how they're all going to jail soon.  He's full blown Q but doesn't use the language on Facebook.

That's a fair point -- he's the one person I know that shoe fits.

He doesn't live in the 14th, but if he did he'd be waiving that MTG flag high and proud.  

4 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Which right wingers took over a city block in Seattle and tried to set up an alternative government complete with armed warlords?

Marjorie Taylor Greene is a dangerous wing nut.  We agree on that.  You seem to think Jenny Durkan is a harmless civil servant.  We disagree on that.  There is an equivalency, but it isn't false.  The falsehood is you pretending those things I reference didn't happen.  You downplay them because you're cool with it.

That's on you.

I live in the Seattle area and know people that live in Capitol Hill.

The 'armed warlords' thing didn't happen. It didn't devolve into Road Warrior/Mad Max.

What did happen was that old saying be careful what you wish for. They got a reduced police presence, a target on their backs, and everything that eventually comes with it.

Once everyone knows there aren't any cops around....

'Defund the Police' isn't going to be that popular in lots of places and for good reason. What happened in Seattle was an example of that as much as some would not like to admit.

4 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

You don't and I addressed that above.  And I agree -- those people are dumb.

The question is -- are they violent?  Is there any reason to think they are?  For example, have they committed any acts of violence?

Right wing terrorism has exploded in the US these last four years. So, yes.

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

That's a fair point -- he's the one person I know that shoe fits.

He doesn't live in the 14th, but if he did he'd be waiving that MTG flag high and proud.  

You have one person as a Facebook friend who has "WWG1WGA" in their profile picture.  I'm not sure whether you know this person in real life or just got connected via Facebook recommendation, but this person is full blown Qanon and uses the language openly.

3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

The question is -- are they violent?  Is there any reason to think they are?  For example, have they committed any acts of violence?

I've seen plenty of these types pictures the other way too though, have you? so if antifa, for example whether those people actually WERE or not, we've been lead to believe they were, goes to protests with them, if CHOP was 'protected' by them carrying assault rifles, if I were going to a protest where they might show up, would I consider taking mine? maybe...but, I usually have one of my handguns on me almost all the time anyway....but if y'all knew my meth head neighbors, you'd understand why, LOL

2 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

Right wing terrorism has exploded in the US these last four years. So, yes.

Y'all know I'm not discussing this stuff in a vacuum.  The mayor of Seattle literally excused a bunch of armed insurrectionists who took over an entire city block.  CNN literally had a reporter talking about the "mostly peaceful" protests while buildings were burning in the background.

Pretending the violence is all on one side and saying it's "false equivalency" to point out the violence on your side and the excusing of it is insulting, honestly.  People aren't stupid.

3 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

Would you like to discuss the protests nationally, or are you only willing to talk about one single block in Seattle?

People are concerned about armed militias engaging in violence. That's because there is a rise in right wing terrorism in the US, there are people openly talking about civil war, and many of those people are well armed. Those are facts, and I think it's reasonable to worry.

Saying 'well, they haven't done it yet' isn't really debatable, it's just not the point of what anyone is saying.

I'm GOP and I totally believe it's reasonable to worry. I have an AR in my safe, couple of shotguns, several handguns. I enjoy shooting, it's fun to squeeze the trigger and watch something blow apart, LOL

but I'm not marching in any rallies, if I get mine out of the safe and it's not just for some fun at the hunting club property, it'll be to sit on the porch and protect my property and my family, so if those idiots think they're going out and starting war and any and every person who voted red is going shoulder to shoulder with them, they're just wrong

14 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Maybe I should clarify... There's hasn't been a dramatic call to "ban" contraceptives. There's been different approaches. For example, defunding Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood is a place that a ton of young girls go to get their birth control. Why? Cause mom and dad are super religious. (my Ex-wife got her's from PP until we were married and I got insurance).

There employers like Hobby Lobby who won't cover it.

There's a lot of movement on these types of things, and they hurt the people who are most susceptible to unplanned pregnancies.

oh ok I gotcha. well we know there are people who are too far off to the right just like there are people who are too far off to the left. 

6 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

You have one person as a Facebook friend who has "WWG1WGA" in their profile picture.  I'm not sure whether you know this person in real life or just got connected via Facebook recommendation, but this person is full blown Qanon and uses the language openly.

Just for clarity, I wasn't saying you knew this person in real life and apparently you don't.  This person also doesn't seem to be on your friends list anymore.  

The point is that there are a lot more people out there who are getting sucked into this stuff you realize.  I've spent the past month or so going down the rabbit hole and exploring Qanon networks on Facebook. 

18 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

As they say most gun owners are law abiding citizens. What people don't say is that a lot of gun owners that treat their guns like they're collectibles. They take great care of them and are prized possessions. I don't think this is a bad thing by the way. When you treat something like this you tend to be more cautious with it. I know this argument isn't going to fly with a lot of people, (including my wife), but I come from a family of hunters.

That being said there are always idiots out there. And there is a history of anti-establishment / anti-government groups that have been violent.

Are the Trump Supporters all anti-establishment? No. Are all anti-establishment / anti-government Trump supporters? of course not. However Trump has embraced them and has not denounced their behavior. Once he hears a group might like him he encourages their behavior.

Denouncing White Supremacy should be a pretty easy thing right? Not for Trump.

Same thing here with these heavily armed Trump supporters. All he has to say is 'don't do something stupid' and/or 'be peaceful'

EDIT: After all he heaped praise when an American citizen was hunted down and executed without due process.

7 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Just for clarity, I wasn't saying you knew this person in real life and apparently you don't.  This person also doesn't seem to be on your friends list anymore.  

The point is that there are a lot more people out there who are getting sucked into this stuff you realize.  I've spent the past month or so going down the rabbit hole and exploring Qanon networks on Facebook. 

Let me be clear -- and we discussed this privately -- this person was never on my friend's list that I'm aware of.  I don't know who she is.  I don't know where you found her or why you associated her with me. 

4 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

As they say most gun owners are law abiding citizens. What people don't say is that a lot of gun owners that treat their guns like they're collectibles. They take great care of them and are prized possessions. I don't think this is a bad thing by the way. When you treat something like this you tend to be more cautious with it. I know this argument isn't going to fly with a lot of people, (including my wife), but I come from a family of hunters.

That being said there are always idiots out there. And there is a history of anti-establishment / anti-government groups that have been violent.

Are the Trump Supporters all anti-establishment? No. Are all anti-establishment / anti-government Trump supporters? of course not. However Trump has embraced them and has not denounced their behavior. Once he hears a group might like him he encourages their behavior.

Denouncing White Supremacy should be a pretty easy thing right? Not for Trump.

I don't disagree with any of that. I also don't think we have to pretend that burning down cities and occupying private and public property against the municipality's and owners' interests is immaterial to the discussion to acknowledge that.

11 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Y'all know I'm not discussing this stuff in a vacuum.  The mayor of Seattle literally excused a bunch of armed insurrectionists who took over an entire city block.  CNN literally had a reporter talking about the "mostly peaceful" protests while buildings were burning in the background.

Pretending the violence is all on one side and saying it's "false equivalency" to point out the violence on your side and the excusing of it is insulting, honestly.  People aren't stupid.

There is a significant amount of data about the rise of right wing terrorism in the US. Complete denial of that fact, and the fear it has created, is insulting.

1 minute ago, eatcorn said:

There is a significant amount of data about the rise of right wing terrorism in the US. Complete denial of that fact, and the fear it has created, is insulting.

Pointing out instances of left wing violence is "complete denial?"

Again, not discussing this in a vacuum.  We were talking about MTG being a Qanon nutter, and somehow that ended up in you all pretending left wingers don't destroy **** and kill people while the elected Democrat mayor sings camp songs.

And then accusing me of denying things.  Which seems..........odd...........

6 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Let me be clear -- and we discussed this privately -- this person was never on my friend's list that I'm aware of.  I don't know who she is.  I don't know where you found her or why you associated her with me. 

You're right and I got the person mixed up because the person has the same last name as one of our family members.

The person that I was referring to does not have Q slogan in the Facebook profile but has been posting a lot of Qanon stuff (particularly by Michael Flynn) on Facebook the past month.  Sorry for the confusion.