• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Jdrizzle

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Heartless *******   

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Since the abortion topic came up, I think there's an important discussion to be had.

1. No one really "likes" abortion. But, it's something that is going to happen, whether legal and safe or not. In fact, as @Carter pointed out, it happens much less when it's legal and safe than when it's illegal and unsafe. Just facts, based on evidence.

2. You can't have it both ways. You can't try to ban or make contraceptives impossible to get, then complain when people end up with unplanned pregnancies. I'm not sure if everyone knows this, but people ****. Old people ****, young people ****, married people ****, unmarried people ****, etc. There's going to be unplanned pregnancies. In addition, you can't take away education regarding pregnancy and general safe sexual practices, then wonder why people don't understand how to avoid pregnancy... Doesn't work.

3. (and this is probably the most important...) the GOP could give 2 dog ***** less about striking down Roe v Wade. They have no intention on doing so. None. Period. If they did, how would they convince the evangelicals to vote for them each cycle? Guns? They aren't going to give up a talking point that has been that effective in drumming up votes.

That's all. Not trying to get into the whole debate, since science/fact based debate can't go head to head with emotion based responses.

who's trying to ban contraceptives? again I'm lost on if that's actually happening.

let me clarify something, everyone on earth has the right to their own choices, again I personally, though I do know a lot of 'look down their nose in judgement' people won't agree with me, believe that. I have enough things to worry about judgement for in my final stand before the almighty, I ain't worrying about yours, hers or anyone elses. THIS is why I really in my heart feel that a vast majority of people who call themselves 'Christian' really aren't, and it gives the real ones a bad name and reputation

I just don't want to be forced to pay for it, which if they use my tax dollars to do so, is exactly that

1 minute ago, eatcorn said:

I think that's almost certainly true. And if they're showing those colors, I doubt it's at church, or around someone like JDaveG.

Just so I'm straight here -- your supposition is they are both under the spell of an absurd conspiracy theory, and also aware it is a conspiracy theory so that they hide it from others?

Just now, JDaveG said:

It wouldn't hurt to stop blaming Republicans for them too.  And I hate to quote Ben Shapiro, but it's a good quote -- OJ Simpson was also mostly peaceful on June 12, 1994 too.

Again, it was supposedly Trump supporters inciting the violence.  So why did it stop when Biden won?  You can talk about the leadership of the Democratic Party, but the truth is they have mouthpieces in the corporate media.  Those folks do their dirty work for them, regularly.  They make their excuses for them.  And people don't forget about it.  Especially when you pretend it's a non-issue and expect me to do the same. 

But also, the mayor of Seattle called the CHOP occupation a "summer of love."  We both know which party she belongs to.  She was their elected representative in the place where it happened.

My guess is that those on that side are telling themselves that Biden hasn't won because it's not yet official. 

I remember in 2016 being disappointed but hoping that one of the recounts or lawsuits would make a difference. They didn't. The process marched on and that's what's going to happen here but I thought it might until we got into late December.

That might be happening here on the other side. Hopefully nothing will happen but we won't know until it's officially official.

3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

It wouldn't hurt to stop blaming Republicans for them too.  And I hate to quote Ben Shapiro, but it's a good quote -- OJ Simpson was also mostly peaceful on June 12, 1994 too.

Again, it was supposedly Trump supporters inciting the violence.  So why did it stop when Biden won?  You can talk about the leadership of the Democratic Party, but the truth is they have mouthpieces in the corporate media.  Those folks do their dirty work for them, regularly.  They make their excuses for them.  And people don't forget about it.  Especially when you pretend it's a non-issue and expect me to do the same. 

But also, the mayor of Seattle called the CHOP occupation a "summer of love."  We both know which party she belongs to.  She was their elected representative in the place where it happened.

Um, there have been several arrests of right wingers in those protests starting the violence and arsons.  That's been documented.  But even without that, the overwhelming majority of the protests were peaceful and the entire leadership of the Democratic Party publicly condemned the violence.

Again, the false equivalencies have to stop and no amount of "well the media does their work so leaders can condemn it while secretly supporting it" sophistry is going to make those two things equivalent.

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

My guess is that those on that side are telling themselves that Biden hasn't won because it's not yet official. 

I remember in 2016 being disappointed but hoping that one of the recounts or lawsuits would make a difference. They didn't. The process marched on and that's what's going to happen here but I thought it might until we got into late December.

That might be happening here on the other side. Hopefully nothing will happen but we won't know until it's officially official.

Just keeping their powder dry for the revolution then?

Sorry, I don't buy that.  Again, I know a lot of Republicans.  None of them is preparing for war.

1 minute ago, eatcorn said:

I think that's almost certainly true. And if they're showing those colors, I doubt it's at church, or around someone like JDaveG.

It absolutely is. My pool guy is dipping his toe in (from what I can tell), but the few times I've asked, he's plain said "Nah man, those dudes are crazy".

School teacher that has the Qanon license plate said it was a "news source" and not a conspiracy theory.  (I've since disproved her statements, looks like she's probably going to be a "former" teacher)

My cousin is into Q, but you wouldn't know if you asked him about it. He says the same "I don't go that far down the rabbit holes" every time, but he forgets that people can see your Likes on Twitter.

They absolutely try their best to either hide it or pass it off as something else.

9 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Here's a dirty little secret... Most Q Anon folks don't want everyone to know that they're into looney conspiracy theories. They tend not to bring it up in conversation...

I've seen several people on Facebook who don't say "Q" or use the language, but get them talking about politics and suddenly they're talking about "pedophiles" and "deep state".  

ok I'm in and out today instead of just sitting here all day on the computer, so I may be behind somewhat, and I don't have time to go back and read 100+ posts to catch up, but I just read a few minutes ago that Roberts and Kavannah both are leaning toward an inclination NOT to kill off the ACA. Roberts even got in a jab at the GOP,  "I think it's hard for you to argue Congress intended the entire act to fall if the mandate was struck down if the same congress that lowered the tax penalty to zero did not even try to repeal the rest of the act"

that's funny right there, but I don't disagree with him at all

3 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Um, there have been several arrests of right wingers in those protests starting the violence and arsons.  That's been documented.  But even without that, the overwhelming majority of the protests were peaceful and the entire leadership of the Democratic Party publicly condemned the violence.

Again, the false equivalencies have to stop and no amount of "well the media does their work so leaders can condemn it while secretly supporting it" sophistry is going to make those two things equivalent.

Which right wingers took over a city block in Seattle and tried to set up an alternative government complete with armed warlords?

Marjorie Taylor Greene is a dangerous wing nut.  We agree on that.  You seem to think Jenny Durkan is a harmless civil servant.  We disagree on that.  There is an equivalency, but it isn't false.  The falsehood is you pretending those things I reference didn't happen.  You downplay them because you're cool with it.

That's on you.

7 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Again, it was supposedly Trump supporters inciting the violence.  So why did it stop when Biden won?

Come on, man! Really? 

The Trump supporters were using protests as reason to incite violence in an effort to show protestors as violent. I feel like that's been pretty well documented.

3 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Just so I'm straight here -- your supposition is they are both under the spell of an absurd conspiracy theory, and also aware it is a conspiracy theory so that they hide it from others?

The ideas are more widespread than you want to recognize.  They don't have to post "WWG1WGA" or that stuff to internalize the pedophile and deep state ideas.  And it spreads through people who don't even know what Qanon is and don't recognize the propaganda when we see it.  We both know somebody who accidentally posted a Qanon meme on Facebook...I'm hoping that person didn't recognize it as Qanon, at any rate.  

3 minutes ago, papachaz said:

who's trying to ban contraceptives? again I'm lost on if that's actually happening.

let me clarify something, everyone on earth has the right to their own choices, again I personally, though I do know a lot of 'look down their nose in judgement' people won't agree with me, believe that. I have enough things to worry about judgement for in my final stand before the almighty, I ain't worrying about yours, hers or anyone elses. THIS is why I really in my heart feel that a vast majority of people who call themselves 'Christian' really aren't, and it gives the real ones a bad name and reputation

I just don't want to be forced to pay for it, which if they use my tax dollars to do so, is exactly that

Maybe I should clarify... There's hasn't been a dramatic call to "ban" contraceptives. There's been different approaches. For example, defunding Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood is a place that a ton of young girls go to get their birth control. Why? Cause mom and dad are super religious. (my Ex-wife got her's from PP until we were married and I got insurance).

There employers like Hobby Lobby who won't cover it.

There's a lot of movement on these types of things, and they hurt the people who are most susceptible to unplanned pregnancies.

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

Just keeping their powder dry for the revolution then?

Sorry, I don't buy that.  Again, I know a lot of Republicans.  None of them is preparing for war.

Yes. Most of the Republicans I know in my circle are sensible people living good lives.

I don't know these types in the pic below but they clearly exist.

Why do you need an assault rifle for a peaceful protest?

And I lived in AZ so I understand everyone there is packing and when I first moved there you could buy an assault rifle in Wal-Mart.

That being said the assault rifles are meant to intimidate.... in the best of circumstances.

AP20311727340895-e1604707479997.jpg

Just now, eatcorn said:

Come on, man! Really? 

The Trump supporters were using protests as reason to incite violence in an effort to show protestors as violent. I feel like that's been pretty well documented.

So nobody was violent until Trump supporters showed up, and then all of a sudden parts of Seattle are falling?

I don't think that's "pretty well documented" at all.  And again -- why aren't they inciting violence right now? A lot of them think an election is being stolen.  If they are the problem, why aren't they doing the same thing in major cities where ballots are being counted?

The most I'm aware of is some wing nuts showing up to polling places armed, but no shots were actually fired.  Why not?

6 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

It's obviously supposition. I'm not parading it as fact. But yes, I think they believe the conspiracy theory in a motivating sense, and are also aware that it's not publicly acceptable.

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The ideas are more widespread than you want to recognize.  They don't have to post "WWG1WGA" or that stuff to internalize the pedophile and deep state ideas.  And it spreads through people who don't even know what Qanon is and don't recognize the propaganda when we see it.  We both know somebody who accidentally posted a Qanon meme on Facebook...I'm hoping that person didn't recognize it as Qanon, at any rate.  

That's right -- I draw a distinction between people hitting "share" on social media and thinking the deep state is running a satanic pedophile cult.  So we agree on that too.

Just now, eatcorn said:

It's obviously supposition. I'm not parading it as fact. But yes, I think they believe the conspiracy theory in a motivating sense, and are also aware that it's not publicly acceptable.

I'm not saying that's impossible.  I'm saying I have seen literally no evidence of it.

4 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I've seen several people on Facebook who don't say "Q" or use the language, but get them talking about politics and suddenly they're talking about "pedophiles" and "deep state".  

Oh, 100%. I'm not on FB, **** that place, but my wife is. She showed me a few posts from one of the moms from school. #savethechildren and sex trafficking are regular guests. She's not a dumb lady. Super successful career wise, attractive, an executive at multiple HUGE companies, but she's getting a little into the crazy end. But, I've never heard or seen her mention Q...

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Yes. Most of the Republicans I know in my circle are sensible people living good lives.

I don't know these types in the pic below but they clearly exist.

Why do you need an assault rifle for a peaceful protest?

And I lived in AZ so I understand everyone there is packing and when I first moved there you could buy an assault rifle in Wal-Mart.

That being said the assault rifles are meant to intimidate.... in the best of circumstances.

AP20311727340895-e1604707479997.jpg

You don't and I addressed that above.  And I agree -- those people are dumb.

The question is -- are they violent?  Is there any reason to think they are?  For example, have they committed any acts of violence?