• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Jdrizzle

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Heartless *******   

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

lol

In which undermining Democratic norms in prostation  to the petulant child idiot King (to the extent that Richard Pilger, the director of the Election Crimes Branch in the Justice Department, resigned his position in protest) puts you on the chopping block to join the likes of Jeff Sessions and Mark Esper.

Nope . . .No Constitutional crisis here . . . 

58 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Would it make you feel better that I haven't seen one who does?

I don't speak in absolutes because surely there is one lunatic out there who is a supporter and loves them some Qanon.  But I know a lot more Republicans in the 14th District than anyone else here, and none of them talk about what Q said.

At some point you need to acknowledge that educated, religious people, and the circles in which they operate, may not be the best cross section of people to use as your examples for the current wave of extremist lunacy.

I find it very easy to believe that you haven't encountered a lot of these people. Especially since February.

56 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

This is why I think the left's collective case of the vapors on judicial appointments is mostly silly.  It's not that they never do results-based jurisprudence, but it is that they are less likely to twist themselves into pretzels to do it.  I literally never thought the ACA would be struck down by the Supreme Court, and I will honestly be surprised if all 3 of Trump's appointees don't refuse to do it.

Catching up here, but the vapors come more because of how two of those people were appointed than anything else.

1 minute ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I would have NEVER guessed. 

If I was Loeffler, I would have been took my Billions of dollars and walked away from this. 

You have to start wondering WHY a successful Billionaire as such would stay in this $hit storm.

She clearly wasn't happy with money alone and wanted power when she allowed Kemp to nominate her.

55 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Sure.  But we also just went through an entire summer of cities burning and an entire section of Seattle being overtaken while that was soft-pedaled by media and the Democrats.  We were assured it was really white supremacist Trump supporters who, upon hearing the election was being called for Biden, immediately went out and did...............nothing.

The rhetoric is dangerous, but I don't think President Trump is uniquely dangerous.  Honestly, I think most people need to stop pretending the other side is awful and start listening more.  I don't expect that to happen, but I'll keep doing my part.

First, studies have shown that 95% or so of the protests around the country were peaceful.  Second, almost to a person the leadership of the Democratic Party, including Biden and Harris on multiple occasions, denounced the violent protests.  

We have to stop these false equivalencies. 

Since the abortion topic came up, I think there's an important discussion to be had.

1. No one really "likes" abortion. But, it's something that is going to happen, whether legal and safe or not. In fact, as @Carter pointed out, it happens much less when it's legal and safe than when it's illegal and unsafe. Just facts, based on evidence.

2. You can't have it both ways. You can't try to ban or make contraceptives impossible to get, then complain when people end up with unplanned pregnancies. I'm not sure if everyone knows this, but people ****. Old people ****, young people ****, married people ****, unmarried people ****, etc. There's going to be unplanned pregnancies. In addition, you can't take away education regarding pregnancy and general safe sexual practices, then wonder why people don't understand how to avoid pregnancy... Doesn't work.

3. (and this is probably the most important...) the GOP could give 2 dog ***** less about striking down Roe v Wade. They have no intention on doing so. None. Period. If they did, how would they convince the evangelicals to vote for them each cycle? Guns? They aren't going to give up a talking point that has been that effective in drumming up votes.

That's all. Not trying to get into the whole debate, since science/fact based debate can't go head to head with emotion based responses.

4 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

At some point you need to acknowledge that educated, religious people, and the circles in which they operate, may not be the best cross section of people to use as your examples for the current wave of extremist lunacy.

I find it very easy to believe that you haven't encountered a lot of these people. Especially since February.

It's not just "educated, religious people."  I live in a very rural area.  I go to church with a wide cross-section of people.  Our neighbors come from all sorts of educational and religions (and non-religious, or often a-religious) backgrounds.

2 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

Catching up here, but the vapors come more because of how two of those people were appointed than anything else.

Not entirely.  I remember a lot of folks saying Barrett was being appointed to strike down the ACA.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of Democratic senators said exactly that.

2 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I would have NEVER guessed. 

If I was Loeffler, I would have been took my Billions of dollars and walked away from this. 

You have to start wondering WHY a successful Billionaire as such would stay in this $hit storm.

Two things come to mind.Power and attention. My little phony pony. 

8 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

Here's a dirty little secret... Most Q Anon folks don't want everyone to know that they're into looney conspiracy theories. They tend not to bring it up in conversation...

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

Honestly?  I think the efforts are completely futile, but I favor the process going forward, mostly because it will change some folks' view on the legitimacy of the election.

Not hardcore Republicans, granted, because we've all seen President Hillary Clinton and Governor Stacey Abrams the past several years.  But enough reasonable-minded Republicans and independents that the result will matter.  Knowing it was looked into will soften a lot of people.

thank you, this is the point I was trying to get across yesterday, but you're obviously more eloquent than I  ;)

1 minute ago, Leon Troutsky said:

First, studies have shown that 95% or so of the protests around the country were peaceful.  Second, almost to a person the leadership of the Democratic Party, including Biden and Harris on multiple occasions, denounced the violent protests.  

We have to stop these false equivalencies. 

It wouldn't hurt to stop blaming Republicans for them too.  And I hate to quote Ben Shapiro, but it's a good quote -- OJ Simpson was also mostly peaceful on June 12, 1994 too.

Again, it was supposedly Trump supporters inciting the violence.  So why did it stop when Biden won?  You can talk about the leadership of the Democratic Party, but the truth is they have mouthpieces in the corporate media.  Those folks do their dirty work for them, regularly.  They make their excuses for them.  And people don't forget about it.  Especially when you pretend it's a non-issue and expect me to do the same. 

But also, the mayor of Seattle called the CHOP occupation a "summer of love."  We both know which party she belongs to.  She was their elected representative in the place where it happened.

3 minutes ago, Optimus_Cr1m35 said:

Here's a dirty little secret... Most Q Anon folks don't want everyone to know that they're into looney conspiracy theories. They tend not to bring it up in conversation...

I think that's almost certainly true. And if they're showing those colors, I doubt it's at church, or around someone like JDaveG.