The Joe Biden Presidency Thread

4 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Lindsey Graham has been screaming that Trump shouldn’t concede and pushing a fraud allegation in Pennsylvania and Marla still calls him spineless. McConnell hasn’t publicly said anything since Friday, the day before it was called, so I guess that’s enough to make him spineless. 

I’ll just say it like this.  Everyone got to tell themselves stories to help themselves sleep at night

• Replies 78.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Jdrizzle

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Heartless *******   

Posted Images

@GEORGIAfan serious as a heart attack question - you get the feeling that Mitch preferred Biden to four more years of Trump? He and Joe are old senate friends, they’ve worked out deals together, and Mitch is a non-MAGAN, pure-power Republican - I don’t think he loves what Trump’s brand of crazy has brought to the party. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

@GEORGIAfan serious as a heart attack question - you get the feeling that Mitch preferred Biden to four more years of Trump? He and Joe are old senate friends, they’ve worked out deals together, and Mitch is a non-MAGAN, pure-power Republican - I don’t think he loves what Trump’s brand of crazy has brought to the party. 

If nothing else Mitch is an ace politician playing the opposition, I wouldn't be surprised if these last four years might have been the worst of his career in his mind. Spent almost all of it running interference for Trumps f*ck ups and impeachment.

33 minutes ago, lostone said:

Just got off the phone with my older cousin who is more like an aunt( she’s in her 70s).  Y’all that generation is different.  She did not believe in giving people healthcare for free and was not a fan of welfare.  She believes in education and I tried to explain that just because you have an education doesn’t mean you are gonna make it.  

heh I initially just called her to say congrats on getting a “skee wee” in the White House.  But now I realize why Bernie couldn’t win.  

A “skee wee” is an Urban Dictionary term and you’re trying to Lemon Party us, aren’t you?  :ninja:

44 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

You know, it’s so strange with these guys. Chris Christie.  Mitt Romney.  It’s kind of comforting to know that they actually have a line someplace. But depressing that it is so far beyond decency to do much good very often.

But Jesus Lord, the rest of those mother****ers don’t have a line at all.  As they have so many times before, McConnell, Graham and anyone remotely defending Trump at this point, they are showing fealty to trump because if they don’t appeal to the brainwashed and delusional, their party is dead. Who cares that America will die if their party survives.

Think about it: the reason everyone is not doing exactly what Chris Christie is doing is because they don’t want the Marla’s of the world to become disenchanted with the Republican party.

******* Marla is running America.

4 minutes ago, duckettpleaze said:

But Jesus Lord, the rest of those mother****ers don’t have a line at all.  As they have so many times before, McConnell, Graham and anyone remotely defending Trump at this point, they are showing fealty to trump because if they don’t appeal to the brainwashed and delusional, their party is dead. Who cares that America will die if their party survives.

McConnell hasn’t said anything publicly since Friday, and the only thing he said before that was count all the votes. He’s washed his hands of Trump. The goobers like Cruz, Graham, and Gaetz are the ones still clinging to Jack after the Titanic went down. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I think so, but I don't think it was because he liked Biden. I believe McConnell thought Trump was going to lose regardless and even if he pulled it out, It would have been a dud term. No Republican agenda is getting through the house. A 50-50 or 51-49(assuming R's keep AZ/flip MI) isn't going to be as successful stuffing the courts, plus they already have SCOTUS 6-3. And 2022 is actually pretty favorable to Dems. With Trump as president, I think we would have seen a bigger Blue Wave. Could have position Dems like 2006 did for 2008.  Then you add the headache Trump has become.

I think McConnell believes the long term play is lose in 2020. Senate Dems are never going to wield power, so even if they won the senate, they would get nothing done and Biden has a failed presidency. Base is demoralized in 2022, so Rs gain seats and flip house, then beat whoever runs in 2024 with a more controllable candidate.