• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Hoopah!

• AF89

• WhenFalconsWin

• Aleksandr sportolli

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems like rescuing dogs during lockdown is a thing around here. It happened to us this past week. This guy wandered up dirty and skinny, playing with my daughter in the front yard. After a few days o

Heartless *******   

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, isproab said:

Atlant has been called the Mecca of the south and the cradle of civil rights. It didn't get those monikers for no reason. Lot of educated minorities here.

Hopefully it all helps GA flip blue! 

With all due respect, you should edit this.  Your last sentence in the first paragraph is patronizing, and it discounts the votes coming in from other areas of the state.

3 hours ago, lostone said:

Not quite how it works.  Finance took a beating earlier this year and had to take cutbacks.  We were fortunate where I work

I'm not following you.  I'm talking about the blowout earnings that IT companies have reported these last two quarters.

6 minutes ago, isproab said:

A visible number of the "Christian" right sold their soul for 45.  They like the conservative policy and judges. The demonization of immigrants and everything black or brown. They aren't Christians at all in practice. Going to church on Sunday doesn't make you Christian. Especially when you have hate and bigotry in your heart. They are what we call Sunday Christians. 

It was white southern ministers that had written the majority of all published defenses of slavery. In order to justify it, slavery not only had a divine sanction, they coined it as a necessary party of Christianity, which is the most blasphemous **** I've ever heard in my life.

13 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

With all due respect, you should edit this.  Your last sentence in the first paragraph is patronizing, and it discounts the votes coming in from other areas of the state.

Its not all about Atlanta. Looks like Savannah and the Augusta/Columbus areas as well as a few others did their part too.

Edited by isproab
5 minutes ago, Statick said:

It was white southern ministers that had written the majority of all published defenses of slavery. In order to justify it, slavery not only had a divine sanction, they coined it as a necessary party of Christianity, which is the most blasphemous **** I've ever heard in my life.

And they used that same logic for Jim Crow, which furthered the divide and arguably did more damage to the country than Slavery.

7 minutes ago, isproab said:

Its not all about Atlanta. Looslks like Savannah and the Augusta/Columbus area did their parts too.

Yep, Columbus turned out a lot. Early voting was a huge success.

So much that I constantly drove by my normal voting precinct and it really wasn't anyone there during election day at all.

Usually it's an infuriating line that goes down every hall of the school and out the door.

10 minutes ago, MoeBiden said:

I'm not following you.  I'm talking about the blowout earnings that IT companies have reported these last two quarters.

Oh, sorry I thought you were talking about IT in general.  The market is back to where it was pre COVID almost.  I follow index funds mostly and just started playing around with individual stocks

7 minutes ago, Statick said:

image.png.b35459e91a5369a65ea7a14b64bf3df3.png

I'm in the middle of this book right now. It makes it heard to want to go back to church.

1 minute ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

And they used that same logic for Jim Crow, which furthered the divide and arguably did more damage to the country than Slavery.

And like that one meme so truthfully pointed out, racism is so American that when you protest against it, Southerners especially, try to coin it as people speaking out against the country. 

That's how Kaep got so vilified for years for taking a knee to call attention to police killings of minorities or how a slogan like BLM was evolved into a terror organization akin to the KKK, which ironically, they won't publicly speak out against with any certainty.

Just now, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I took it as he was saying that metro Atlanta is more educated(college grads) than the rest of the state.

Which technically is true. 

Then refer to it as "the metro area."  You can't big up Atlanta and forget the rest of the metro area and the rest of the state.  That is what Abrams was advised to do!

2 minutes ago, Andrews_31 said:

That's my point, but that's not what you typed initially, plus the "educated" minorities part you put in there.   Wasn't necessary, although true to a point.

And don't take it the wrong way. Someone was pointing out how Mississippi has a larger black percentage, but it's not in the same spot as Georgia.

I think the sheer number of people could make a difference in those states, but they need leadership. 

We can discuss all day, we need the foot soldier,ie the every day working type, but we also need the leaders and organizers with the knowhow and experience. 

2 minutes ago, Door Gunner said:

image.png.b35459e91a5369a65ea7a14b64bf3df3.png

I'm in the middle of this book right now. It makes it heard to want to go back to church.

I've heard about it. I posted a couple of sentences from it on my personal Facebook page and my wife stated that what I posted may alienate some of our white friends. 

I told her if they are offended by the truth, then they could hit the bricks because with that mindset, they were never our true friends or true Christians anyway.

1 minute ago, isproab said:

And don't take it the wrong way. Someone was pointing out how Mississippi has a larger black percentage, but it's not in the same spot as Georgia.

I think the sheer number of people could make a difference in those states, but they need leadership. 

We can discuss all day, we need the foot soldier,ie the every day working type, but we also need the leaders and organizers with the knowhow and experience. 

That person was me!  But I'm not arguing, my problem is/was semantics in your post!  The foot soldiers part, I absolutely agree with.