The Joe Biden Presidency Thread

Mr. Hoopah!

Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

Sorry man. Where are you living again? I'm sure it's real different by state. The Libertarians in Colorado were organizing with BLM actually

NC...

it’s weird here

i will quit while I’m behind.  

I offer you that I would be a libertarian if there wasn’t so much wrong with how the government treats minorities in this country and a slew of other items around income inequality...

5 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

By here do you mean here on the board? Because if here means Georgia I'm gonna have to disagree.

Here meaning CO

5 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

Yeah, it's still hilarious to watch lawyers get upset about lawyers being called in to make sure things are done legally.

Stop tagging me in this BS.

Funny that he's only worried about legality in states he's starting to lose

7 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Soo...your crowd are liberals that like to shoot guns, but also still haven't grasped the limitations of your Randian philosophy?

Bruh do you even know where libertarians started lol

6 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I can’t believe that I’m having to say this again after last night, but PLEASE stop spiking the football before everything is counted!

Yup....things are looking good for Biden but until states declare the final totals ...it is was too close to call.

5 minutes ago, lostone said:

NC...

it’s weird here

i will quit while I’m behind.  

I offer you that I would be a libertarian if there wasn’t so much wrong with how the government treats minorities in this country and a slew of other items around income inequality...

I feel that...tbh no party is perfect and I probably fall between Green Party and Libertarian ideals, but it's hard. That's part of why I feel it when KOG or someone calls Dems twisted too. It's some sinister behind the scenes **** to try as hard as possible to keep minorities (esp black) from escaping. School to prison pipeline is so real. White kid here gets a counselor after he fails one year of classes in HS... meanwhile, there's this black kid my friend is working with who's 18 and still a freshman and it's the first time anyone has worked with him despite getting held back like 3 times. And then you go on MSNBC and hear people saying it's black folks fault Trump made this close despite turning out for Dems in higher proportions than any other demographic? Gimme a ******* break

I have a random thing to ask and talk about with our black posters.

I should preface this by saying me and most crews kinda find ourselves standoffish because of my responsibilities and what they're doing.

I was on a job today with my absolutely favorite contractor that I work with. The owner is a middle-aged black dude, coolest dude ever, and the young black dudes who work for him are just the nicest ******* people ever. Worked around or with this crew for ten years. 

Today was the first time we have ever talked politics and I just kinda took a backseat and just listened. They ******* hate Bernie. They mocked liberals. Now these dudes are out of Carroll county and they sound more country than me......but ****. 

Is there a rural and urban divide happening with black folks?

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Bruh do you even know where libertarians started lol

Are you going back to the late 1700s where it was first coined and was mainly about liberty, or the mid 1800s where it was used primarily to speak about anarchy, or more likely the American version present since the mid 50s for classical liberals to distance themselves from FDRs New Deal liberal policies which has been further bastardized by Randian objectivism?

And don't make too much of it, I was just busting your balls a little. 

Edited by RandomFan

2 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

I have a random thing to ask and talk about with our black posters.

I should preface this by saying me and most crews kinda find ourselves standoffish because of my responsibilities and what they're doing.

I was on a job today with my absolutely favorite contractor that I work with. The owner is a middle-aged black dude, coolest dude ever, and the young black dudes who work for him are just the nicest ******* people ever. Worked around or with this crew for ten years. 

Today was the first time we have ever talked politics and I just kinda took a backseat and just listened. They ******* hate Bernie. They mocked liberals. Now these dudes are out of Carroll county and they sound more country than me......but ****. 

Is there a rural and urban divide happening with black folks?

I've encountered that.  My observation is that most black people around me distrust politics and politicians more than your average cynical American.  I'll add that usually there's a mixture of what's actually possible in the US along the lines of @Andrews_31's thoughts that older black people are often looking for someone to hold or contain the hate that they've experienced growing up and that they fear could reemerge at any time.  with the younger generation it's similar to all young americans, but with an equal distrus of Bernies pie in the sky promises.  

Just now, MoeBiden said:

I've encountered that.  My observation is that most black people around me distrust politics and politicians more than your average cynical American.  I'll add that usually there's a mixture of what's actually possible in the US along the lines of @Andrews_31's thoughts that older black people are often looking for someone to hold or contain the hate that they've experienced growing up and that they fear could reemerge at any time.  with the younger generation it's similar to all young americans, but with an equal distrus of Bernies pie in the sky promises.  

I'll add that black communities and cities often have the same elitist power holders that have been in power for generations.