The Joe Biden Presidency Thread

Mr. Hoopah!

1 minute ago, achilles return said:

trump keeping office with a 269-269 and losing the popular vote might just break this country lol

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

If Biden wins the popular vote by several million, but Trump gets the 269 tie....I literally do not know where we go from there

Y'all just wanna watch the world burn...

5 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

Y'all just wanna watch the world burn...

I don't know how else you reconcile Republicans winning exactly 1 popular vote in the last 30+ years and yet dominating nearly every facet of government in that time.

I'm not calling for revolution, I'm just saying any other country would have been at it's own throat 15 years ago. The pressure is building up and the culture wars are getting more heated.

It occurs to me that we could be seeing something similar to Reagan all over again. Trump has already broken liberals brains. Imagine what a 2nd term would do to the way they campaign and avoid popular policies to chase the elusive silent majority.

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

I don't know how else you reconcile Republicans winning exactly 1 popular vote in the last 30+ years and yet dominating nearly every facet of government in that time.

I'm not calling for revolution, I'm just saying any other country would have been at it's own throat 15 years ago

I was trying to joke...

i can tell you right now, without knowing the final results, that regardless of who eventually wins, there will be:

more democratic votes for the house

more democratic votes for the senate

and more democratic votes for the presidency

and it's possible that two out of those three will be controlled by a minority party because one section of this country is given an inherent advantage.

if you think this is a system with long-term stability, lol ok

2 minutes ago, marla_mulder said:

I was trying to joke...

I know but if Trump wins a 269 we're taking 1861 levels of vitriol and no clear geographical  lines with which to draw up a civil war.

Like I said unprecedented in history.  No idea where we'd go from there. Certainly more urban civil unrest